6th October 2012, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Information about IAS entrance exam? What is the fee structure and eligibility criteria?

respected sir,
. i want to know all information about IAS,
as fee structure,coaching,preparation and eligibility

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria, Syllabus of BCA entrance exam? What is the fee structure in best colleges of Delhi?
  2. IAS Exam: Paper pattern, Fee Structure and other Details? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Criteria of CAT entrance exam along with fee structure? Fee structure of IIM and non IIM institutes?
  4. SRMC's MD(sports medicine) course eligibility, entrance exam syllabus, fee structure, scope and recognition
  5. Detailed information about CDAC course? What is the eligibility criteria and fee structure?
  6. What's the eligibility criteria and fee structure for taking admission in 11th std? How may I get details?
  7. Fee structure, eligibility criteria and age limit for MBBS entrance exam in Pune
  8. Detailed information, eligibility criteria, fee structure and duration of Counselling Psychology Diploma course? -- [New]
  9. Fee structure of doing law course? Eligibility criteria of doing the course?
  10. Eligibility criteria to do Masters of Hospital Administration? What is the selection procedure? Date of the entrance exam and their fee structure?
  11. Procedure and eligibility criteria for CA exam? Fee structure of the course?
  12. Eligibility criteria to join distance MBA programme? What is the fee structure
  13. Best colleges for Training of Commercial Pilot in India? Date of Exam, Eligibility criteria and Fee structure for the course?
  14. What is the procedure for admission for B.Ed? What is the fee structure and the eligibility criteria?
  15. List of colleges with fee structure which offer MBBS in Abroad? Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply?
  16. Details regarding admission criteria and fee structure of CDAC course in Maharashtra?
  17. Fee structure and Duration of CA course? Required Eligibility criteria to pursue this course?
  18. How may I get information about correspondence courses available in Jabalpur? What's the eligibility criteria and fee structure for the same?
6th October 2012, 07:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about IAS entrance exam? What is the fee structure and eligibility criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir,

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.So you must attend in CSAT exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree or final year of graduation degree from recognized board are applicable for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. for OBC candidate it is 7 times and for general candidate it is 5 times.

You must have citizenship of India.

Civil Service examination can be divided as three stages.
  • Preliminary
  • Main exam
  • Interview
If you will give 7-8 hr to study then you are definitely cracked the IAS Exam .So collect some valuable books from Market .

Offline registration fees for civil service exam is 100/- and Online fees are 50/- .There is no registration fees for SC/ST/OBC and female candidate .

Best Coaching Center for IAS Exam:-

Prayatna Guidance
Address : D-3008,Near Munshi Pulia Bus Stand, Munshi Pulia, Indiranagar, Lucknow
Web Site : www.prayatnaias.com

Eten Ace
Address: B-1/22,OPP Palika Bazar,Near Novelty Cinema,Aliganz,Lucknow
Web Site: www.etenace.com

Ujjwal IAS Academy
Address: Head Office: B-18, Top floor. Satija house
City: Mukherjee nagar
State: Delhi-110009
Phone No: +91-9213389333, +91-9868088370
Email: [email protected]

CLASSIC IAS ACADEMY
Address: UG 33-34, ANSAL CHAMBER-I, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
State: New Delhi - 110066
Phone: 32323293, 32323294, 9310034050, 9310034060
Web : www.classiciasacademy.com
Email : [email protected],enquiry@classiciasa cademy.com
6th October 2012, 08:59 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about IAS entrance exam? What is the fee structure and eligibility criteria?

There is no specific exam as IAS exam. UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination every year to become IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc. officer.

So to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Examination.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through two stages of written exam followed by personal interview.

The aspiring candidate applying for civil Service exam is called for CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test which is also called as Preliminary exam.

The candidate selected from the Preliminary exam is called for the Civil Service Main Exam and the candidate selected out of it is finally selected through Personal Interview.

The Civil Service exam can be applied through both offline and on line mode.

The fees for off line mode is Rs.100.00 while for online application the fees is Rs.50.00 only. There is no exam fees for SC/ST candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th October 2012, 10:15 AM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

IAS: Stands for the Indian Administrative Services

And for the IAS And the IPS Post the Union public service commission is conducting the

Civil services exam every year and for the exam the candidate should be pass

In the graduation and you have to clear the exam if you want to join as a IAS Officer

Pattern of the Exam:

Pre Exam
Mains Exam
Interview

Eligibility Required for the exam:

-The Candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university

-Or either pass in any of the equivalent degree

-The Age of the candidate should be between 21 to 30

-The age relaxation for the obc and sc,st of 3 and 5 years

Attempts :

-Their is 4 attempts for the general

-Their is 7 attempts for the obc

-Their is unlimited attempts for the sc,st

Best of luck
13th October 2012, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

how many students attemp this exam every year
13th October 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

how many years needed to qualify this exam?
14th October 2012, 03:09 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

To apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.
28th November 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Is any university subscribed text book sufficient for the preperation of optionals?
28th November 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Is any university subscribed text book sufficient for the preparation of options?
21st December 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

CAN ONLY A PERSON WITH HIGH IQ CAN BECOME AN IAS OFFICER
22nd December 2012, 04:20 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Information about IAS entrance exam? What is the fee structure and eligibility criteria?

Quote:
respected sir,

hi friend.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

you have completed your graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.

Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:
  1. General category student:- 21-30 years.
  2. OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  3. SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
  1. General - max. 4
  2. OBC - max. 7.
  3. SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:
  1. Preliminary Exam.
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

Books to be refer:

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
(Paperback)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha

UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
(Paperback)
by
Jha
Jha

IAS (Pre.) Solved Papers General Studies wih CSAT 2011 & 2012 (Paper - 1)
(Paperback)
by
Expert Compilations

IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012)
(Paperback)
by
Disha Experts

all the best..................
22nd December 2012, 08:03 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Information about IAS entrance exam? What is the fee structure and eligibility criteria?

Hi,

IAS stands for Indian Academy Service.

More about IAS :
IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Center.

It is conducted in once time in year

Eligible Criteria :

Candiate must completed graduation degree.

Graduation must from recognized board.

Final year students are also applicable.

Candidate age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.

Candidate must have citizenship of India.

CSE is done in three stages :
  • Preliminary
  • Main exam
  • Interview

Preliminary exam is at the core level.
Main exam have descriptive questions.
Interview is taken by expert's .

How To study :
Make your own time table .
Do study hard .
Use best books.

Best Coaching Center for IAS Exam:-
  • Ujjwal IAS Academy
  • CLASSIC IAS ACADEMY

Cool....
22nd December 2012, 09:54 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

For IAS you should be a graduate and for coaching one can find institutes as there are many inst giving coaching and you can find the best and also you need to keep track of the current affairs and the fee structure is only related to your coaching institute fees and fees of the UPSC form feeling.
23rd December 2012, 12:19 PM
muse65

IAS Eligibility :

The Candidates must be Indian
The Candidates should have to complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized University
The Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years
The upper age relaxation as per govt rules
3 years age relaxation for OBC Candidates
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates

No. Attempt:
General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Interview
10th February 2013, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Can age31 also can attempt the papeq?can M.B.A students alse attempt the paper?
10th February 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Can age31 also can attempt the papeq?can M.B.A students alse attempt the paper?
13th February 2013, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I am kirangouda patil and pursuing MBA now i am final year. and next i will write IAS entrance exam.so i need detail information about IAS. and mail id [email protected]
19th February 2013, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

recently i have done 12th with art side
And now i am student of BA 1st year.
am i able to IAS ?
and plzzz tell me about best books for IAS...
THANK YOU
22nd February 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Iam b tech final year now at the running of my final year I can write civils exam or not ?
And give me suggest how to prepare for civils exams plzz
23rd February 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi m 12th with arts beside nd m graduate in nursing profession .can I give Ias exam.
24th February 2013, 02:00 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

IAS is a civil service exam

It is conducted by UPSC board once in a year

The candidates who have completed graduation or its equivalent from recognized are eligible

The age limit is 21-30 years

For BC's age relaxation for 3 years is given

For SC/ST 5 years age relaxation is given

There are 2 papers in the exam
1. Prelims
2. Main

Physical fitness is must

The fee structure for coaching will depend on the institute. The fee may vary from 7,000 - 15,000 rupees

all the best........
25th February 2013, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

i heared that this exam can be given aftr 2 is it true...?
27th February 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

i am the student of graduate part 2 may i join ias
29th March 2013, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Respected counsellors ,

will you please tell me about best books,syallabus and best coaching institutes for IAS preparation...
1st May 2013, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

please give infornatiom about freé ias coaching
13th May 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

i have done my b.com in 2011 but i'dont know what percentage acceptable in I.A.S and can i try 12th percentage bases
19th May 2013, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

entrance exam syllabuses
19th May 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabuses for IAS entrance exam
25th June 2013, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

how to become district collector?
either by ias or kas exam?
25th June 2013, 09:19 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
what is the syllabuses for IAS entrance exam
UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview

Syallabus for Prelims Exams-Prelims exams has Two papers

Paper 1:
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
General Science.

Paper 2
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
English Language Comprehension skills
Decision-making and problem-solving
Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
General mental ability

The Main written examination will consist of the following papers:

This exam will be of 1800 Marks and will have 7 papers

Paper one: 300 Marks
Section 1 Essay
Section 2 English Comprehension and English Precis (Matriculation or Xth standard level)

Paper Two 250 Marks
General Studies–I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)

Paper Three 250 Marks
General Studies –II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)

Paper Four 250 Marks
General Studies –III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)

Paper Five 250 Marks
General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)

Paper Six 250 marks
Optional Subject – Paper 1

Paper Seven 250 marks
Optional Subject – Paper 2
11th August 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Is it difficult for engineering student to do IAS?
16th September 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH MARKS GET TO CRACK I.A.S. EXAM OUT OF GRAND TOTAL.
15th January 2014, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Is it difficult for engineering student to do IAS?
Not difficult to eng student
29th January 2014, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

right now i'm pursuing my 3rd yr b.tech.crackng ias xam is my future goal.i would like to start my preparation from this stage itself so that it would become little easy for me.can u suggest me in what way i should prepare..should i join any coaching now itself.please suggest me.
4th August 2015, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

I got little bit knowledge about ias and plz give me suggestions about how many year I have to study for ias and how much money will expance and what are the general and optional subjects and how many subjects I have to learn plz explain me
23rd August 2016, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

How to get bank loan for IAS coaching . I Need information about best coaching center and fees structure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?