28th May 2017, 11:59 PM
sehay

Can I get admission in BBA without maths in Commerce stream?

Sir, can i do BBA if i have failed in MATHEMATICS from commerce stream? If no, then are there any other options or courses than i can do?

29th May 2017, 09:23 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in BBA without maths in Commerce stream?

No, you cannot do BBA until you clear your 10+2. Not only BBA you cannot join in any course until you complete your 10+2 education. So, first complete your 10+ 2 with minimum 50% to join in BBA, because the eligibility to join in BBA is you need to complete your 10+2 education with minimum 50% and some top colleges ask for 60-65%.

About BBA:
BBA is 3 years course with 6 semesters. This course equips you with the knowledge and skills in Business and management and also improves the skills which are perfect for this corporate world. There are similar courses like BBA such as BBM (Bachelor of Business Management), BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies), BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies). These are the similar courses like BBA with little difference.
Based on your interest of field you can choose any degree.
Most of the people do MBA after BBA to get better job opportunities and also they'll get good command on Business Administration.

The courses you can join after completing 12th from commerce stream are:
- Banking
- Finance
- Chartered Accountant
- Company secretary
- Insurance
- Foreign Trade
- Stock Broking and investment analysts
- Economics
29th May 2017, 09:24 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do BBA until you clear your 10+2. Not only BBA you cannot join in any course until you complete your 10+2 education. So, first complete your 10+ 2 with minimum 50% to join in BBA, because the eligibility to join in BBA is you need to complete your 10+2 education with minimum 50% and some top colleges ask for 60-65%.

About BBA:
BBA is 3 years course with 6 semesters. This course equips you with the knowledge and skills in Business and management and also improves the skills which are perfect for this corporate world. There are similar courses like BBA such as BBM (Bachelor of Business Management), BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies), BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies). These are the similar courses like BBA with little difference.
Based on your interest of field you can choose any degree.
Most of the people do MBA after BBA to get better job opportunities and also they'll get good command on Business Administration.

The courses you can join after completing 12th from commerce stream are:
- Banking
- Finance
- Chartered Accountant
- Company secretary
- Insurance
- Foreign Trade
- Stock Broking and investment analysts
- Economics
29th May 2017, 10:49 AM
abjj

You can do BBA (without maths marks consideration )in Lovely Professional University but Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with English) or equivalent . otherwise other option integrated BBA- MBA(4 years) and advantage of this course saving one year and saving money but eligibility Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with English) or equivalent, subject to qualifying LPUNEST-2017 (LPU own entrance exam).
29th May 2017, 12:55 PM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

BBA Stands for Bachelor of Business administration which is a Graduation degree course and every student who has exceeded the following criteria can go for this course.

1. 12th Class pass in any stream.
2. Age is no bar

If you have cleared the 12th class exam and want to apply for bachelor in business administration then you can easily do so, however the merit of the respective college will decide whether you will get admission or not as you have to clear the same to get admission in college.

If you are failed in any subject, then you can not go for admission as the only criteria is 12th class pass for admission in BBA.

Hope it will help you with your query.
29th May 2017, 02:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can choose BBA without mathematics in your 12th standard because the minimum qualification required to join BBA is that a candidate must have passed 12th standard in any discipline from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and relaxation is given to reserved candidates.
Age should not be less than 17 years.
You can take admission in BBA on the basis of your 12th standard percentage because a merit list is prepared and in counselling you will get admission in government or private college.
29th May 2017, 02:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

BBA stands for Bachelor in Business Administration.

Duration is of 3 years.

To apply for the course, the candidate should have cleared class 10th, class 12th examination with English as one of the subjects.
Minimum percentage of marks in class 12th required to get admission varies from institution to institution but is generally between 50 to 60%.
Eligible candidates can apply for the course during months of May and June.
The candidate can join the course through correspondence / distance learning and entrance examination.
Most colleges have a separate entrance exam for the admission to BBA course and some of the top colleges:
Indian Institute of Management, Indore

Saint Xaviers College Kolkata

Christ University, Bangalore

University of Delhi

Symbiosis University
29th May 2017, 03:12 PM
isargie

Sorry, but you can not get admission in BBA courses by skipping mathematics.So it is advised that if you failed,no worry,do it anyway. Mathematics in BBA is not as tough as you are studying in 12th. Once you clear subject in 12th,you'll find rest of work easy to do.

BBA having several other sub-courses under in which you want to specialized like finance,marketing,business,hospital management,business management,information technology,etc. Course is of three years contains six semesters.

Course required minimum 50%-60% in intermediate(12th) and various colleges required entrance exam clearance,varies from college to college.Entrance exam is multiple choice questions.
29th May 2017, 05:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for admission in BBA course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with minimum 50%.

For admission in some of institutes it is mandatory to have PCM or Mathematics as main paper and also have minimum required aggregate to appear for examination.

So, although you are commerce stream candidates you are eligible for admission in BBA stream but only when you pass 12th board examination. As, you have failed in mathematics paper you will be not considered as 12th pass candidate.
29th May 2017, 05:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

BBA refers to Bachelor of Business Administration and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of three years with a quite good career option in future.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same degree is a higher secondary school degree with English as one of the main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

So as you have mentioned that you have failed in Mathematics paper of your Class 12th so you are not eligible for pursuing BBA or any other degree course whose basic requirement is a higher secondary school degree until you clear your Mathematics paper once again.

Also as I have mentioned that for pursuing BBA degree course what matters is the English as a main subject in your higher secondary school degree but you must have qualified in all your papers of Class 12th board examination to be eligible for pursuing the same course.
29th May 2017, 05:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The general eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Business Administration is:

1. You must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board or appearing for senior secondary board examination.

2. You should have at least 50% marks. It may vary from college to college.

3. English must be one of the compulsory subject of 10+2.

But failed candidates of 10+2 are not eligible for Bachelor of Business Administration course. You need to obtain passing marks in failed subject to become eligible for this course.
30th May 2017, 12:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in BBA course even if you have not studied Mathematics in Commerce stream. But, you need to qualify all the subjects of your 12th standard including Mathematics subject in your 12th standard. Admissions in BBA course are done through merit basis of 10th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination or admission test conducted by the respective college/ university.
30th May 2017, 05:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration and same is an undergraduate degree course in commerce and business field with quite a good scope.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing BBA degree course having failed in Mathematics paper of your Class 12th then I would like to let you know that you can not pursue BBA or any higher degree course without clearing your Mathematics paper.

Also I would like to let you know that the basic educational qualification required for pursuing BBA degree course is a higher secondary school degree with English as one of the main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board of education and hence to pursue BBA degree you must have studied English at your Class 12th level.
30th May 2017, 07:19 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration. This is a 3 year course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to join this course is by completion of 10+2.

One can direct admission for this course. No Entrance Exam is required. Admission would be provided based on your percentage of marks in 10+2.

As per your query, you mentioned that you have failed in Mathematics in Commerce stream of 10+2. I don't think so there will be Mathematics subject in Commerce stream.

Hope it would be MEC (Mathematics, Economics, Commerce) where in you will have Mathematics along with Commerce.

If you have failed in Mathematics subject, there would be supplementary exam within 1-2 months after the announcement of results. If you are able to clear the subject in supplementary exam, your 10+2 will be completed and there are no obstacles for you to join BBA course.

Incase if you are not able to get through it, then you are not eligible for to join BBA course.

Only candidates who successfully completed 10+2 without any backlogs are eligible to join BBA course either in regular mode or distance mode.

If this is the case, you need to give Mathematics subject again in the next year. This will result in an year of academic career loss. But there is no choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?