29th May 2015, 10:51 PM
Hariom kumar choudhary

Can i get admission in delhi university for BSc Maths after scoring 76.6% in Bihar Board

i got 76.6% in bihar board.Can i got admission in delhi university for Bsc math?

30th May 2015, 12:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get admission in delhi university for BSc Maths after scoring 76.6% in Bihar Board

DU which ranks 1 among the Indian University is famous for its academic and other facility. Application for the admission for the 2015 undergraduate admission is started online and offline will be started from the 5th June. Last date to apply is 15th June.

Admission is on the basis of board aggregate cut off fixed by the university for each of the courses of different colleges. There are also few changes in the eligibility for the B.Com and Economics students. The university has also fixed that no college are eligible to get relaxation of more than three percentage for the girls candidates.

There are about 54,000 students in the UG courses from which 49.5 % are reserved for OBC, SC/ST candidates. Also there is equal weight age of 12th aggregate for each of the board. So there is no relaxation for the Bihar board candidates.

The cut off is very high for the Mathematics and other courses. So if you belongs to general category there is no chance of getting as according to previous year cut off. But if you are OBC, SC/ST you may get admission.

The first cut off will be released on the 25th June 2015. So for more information you can visit at www.du.ac.in.
30th May 2015, 02:44 PM
sandy3183

Default Re: Can i get admission in delhi university for BSc Maths after scoring 76.6% in Bihar Board

If we are talking about Delhi University they prefer to admit students of Central Board and Delhi Board rather than other state board. Thus it is not sure that either you will get admission or not. Also admission in Delhi University depends on cutoff list for candidate. If your score qualify their cutoff marks then you are eligible to get admission if not then you will not get admission.

So first of all check merit list of University campus. If your score beats their cutoff limit then visit to campus and ask in administrative block for further process.
30th May 2015, 05:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for the Delhi University UG admission. The application form is available online on www.du.ac.in and it costs Rs 100. The offline application will be made available from the 5th June 2015. Last date for the application is 15th June.

According to the Delhi University guidelines there is no special relaxation on board aggregate for any board. So Bihar Board does not matter. But there is relaxation for the OBC , SC,ST and PWD category on the cut off marks.

As the cut off always goes on increasing the minimum aggregate required to get admission in the B.Sc Mathematics last year is 85% . So it is difficult to get the admission.

But from this year few colleges are going to take admission in Mathematics so you can wait till the first cut off list which will be released on 25th June 2015.

For any eligibility or previous year cut off visit at official website.
30th May 2015, 09:02 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can i get admission in delhi university for BSc Maths after scoring 76.6% in Bihar Board

No, you can't get admission in the Delhi university campus on the behalf of last few merit lists because usually merit list stops at 90+ percentage in top colleges but there are nearly 60 colleges affiliated from Delhi University and they will provide you admission but there is no campus placement in these private colleges
76 % marks are not sufficient to get admitted in Delhi university
27th January 2016, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission math (hons.) in any university in Delhi if I got 75% in Bihar board???
29th May 2016, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in Delhi university for BSc medical after scoring 92.4% in bhivani board???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?