22nd June 2013, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in government college for B.Tech after scoring 58 marks in JEE mains and 71% in Inter

sir, i got 58 marks in jeemain and 71%in inter . sir ,can able to take admission in gov. college for b.teck.

29th June 2015, 02:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in government college for B.Tech after scoring 58 marks in JEE mains and 71% in Inter

To get admission in the Central government engineering colleges such as IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM etc. one has to clear JEE examinations held by CBSE.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and the same examination is held in two stages first stage is called as JEE Mains where as second stage is known as JEE Advance.

To get admission in any of these mentioned colleges one needs to crack at least the stage one i.e; JEE Mains along with good percentage of marks in their 12th board examination as the admission merit list is prepared on considering the performance in both JEE and 12th board examination.

Now as you have secured only 58 marks in your JEE Main examination so you are eligible for admission if and only if you belong SC/ST category as for the General and OBC category the qualification marks are much higher than the 58 marks. Here you will have the option of mainly low ranked NIT with trades having less scopes as compared to other trades.

One another way of making to the government engineering college is by cracking the State EEE for admission in the state government engineering colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?