15th August 2011, 02:10 AM
aarishari

Which MBA stream is good for Software Engineer?

MBA directly after Engineering or after 2 years experience? Which MBA stream is good for software engineer to get management level positions in software industry?

Related Questions:
  1. MBA directly after Engineering or after 2 years experience? Which MBA stream is good for software engineer to get management level positions in software industry? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Should I go for MBA if I am a software engineer? Will these traits make me a good manager?
  3. Expected salary as a Software Engineer after completion of MBA?
  4. How to become a software engineer?
  5. Which course I can take up next to become a software engineer? Medical or Non-Medical?
  6. Obstacles in becoming a Software Engineer? Helpful subjects to become a Software Engineer?
  7. Is it possible for me to get the software job in future if I have taken commerce stream?
  8. Should I go for Executive MBA or Regular MBA if I am presently working as a Software Engineer?
  9. Can I pursue MBA course being a candidate working as Software Engineer for 4 years? Is this a good approach of taking coaching for CAT Exam for 1 year to get admission for MBA in reputed college?
  10. Good institutes to join after B.Com to become a software engineer?
  11. Criteria to become a Software Engineer after BCS?
  12. Is it necessary to do any short term technical course to become a Software Engineer for CSE student? Skills required to become a Software Engineer? -- [New]
  13. What procedure must I follow to be a software engineer after passing 10th?
  14. Which stream should I select to become a Software Engineer? Colleges offering the course?
  15. Can i find software companies jobs after completing MBA IT?
  16. What are the risks involved in taking a software job? Can I go for it?
  17. Should an engineer do MBA if he's not interested in Software Industry jobs? Which streams, colleges and universities to prefer?
  18. Am I eligible to get the software job after completion of MBA IT course?
15th August 2011, 04:34 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which MBA stream is good for Software Engineer?

There will be number of specialization available in MBA course like
MBA in Finance
MBA in Marketing
MBA in HR Management
MBA in Systems Management etc.

As you are a Software Engineer, I will suggest you to join MBA course with HR specialization or MBA in Systems Management to get Management level position in software industry.

If you are a part of Marketing department in the Software company, then you can also do MBA in Marketing Management.

My sincere suggestion is go for MBA course in B-Schools and not in regular colleges. Because there will be so much difference in the value for MBA degre from B-Schools and colleges.
15th August 2011, 05:33 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarishari View Post
MBA directly after Engineering or after 2 years experience? Which MBA stream is good for software engineer to get management level positions in software industry?
for you having being a software engineer an IT in MBA will be best and suitable for you because you have been learned about computers and it will be easier for you to learn again in computers but this time management language.......
15th August 2011, 06:43 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

after Software Engineer, if you are interested about MBA, then you can do MBA specialization in the list given below.

1.Information Technology.

2.Computers.

3.Operations .

4.Human Relations.

5.Communications.

6.Finance.

7.Marketing.

etc.

all the best...........
15th August 2011, 06:52 PM
excuse me

Dear
According to me you must go for MBA in HR because it would lead your career in Managerial position.

Rest depends on your job preference.
14th December 2011, 12:26 PM
abhisek.sonu

hello friend
MBA in Finance
MBA in Marketing
MBA in HR Management

As you are a Software Engineer, I will suggest you to join MBA course with HR specialization or MBA in Systems Management to get Management level position in software industry.

If you are a part of Marketing department in the Software company, then you can also do MBA in Marketing Management.

My sincere suggestion is go for MBA course in B-Schools and not in regular colleges. Because there will be so much difference in the value for MBA degre from B-Schools and colleges.
17th December 2011, 03:32 PM
pradosh998
Member+

MBA in Finance
MBA in Marketing
MBA in HR Management
15th February 2012, 07:30 AM
Unregistered

Dear Frineds, I have done MCA From S.V University then 2yr Banking Domain exp in Software Proffession.
I am planning to do MBA Finance in any of IIM in India.
I am not getting clarity about which one is the better either regular basis or distance.
Pls sugget me duration and expensis for same..
Thanks & Regards
Vijay
20th November 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

i am 4.5 years experience and i am a BE(E&C) .Which mba stream i should choose.
3rd January 2013, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I'm a BE CSE Student graduating this year. Is it preferable to go for MBA immediately or should I get some work experience first?
18th January 2013, 07:28 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Which MBA stream is good for Software Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I'm a BE CSE Student graduating this year. Is it preferable to go for MBA immediately or should I get some work experience first?

Dear Aspirant,

Once you are into the software field there is no chance of getting back to the education in the colleges again.

The mind set changes.You cannot get that interest as now you are interest to do.It is not easy to study after getting some experience in the software field.

You would rather go for the higher position in the software itself.But the chance of getting back to the colleges and reading will be a tough one.

So my suggestion for you to is to get the MBA now it self.Dont think of doing after getting some experience from the software field.

All that is literally false.You cannot go for the MBA after 1year or 2 years.Because you will get interest in the software itself.

So better go for the MBA after the Btech only.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
31st January 2013, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i completed mba - operations , right now i am working in garment industry as a industrial enginner
i am interesting to join software industry can u please suggest me which base can i enter in sofrware field
and which courese is better to learn
3rd May 2013, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
I am working in a software company, have almost 3 years of experience.Planning to go MBA in IT/system Management specialization.I would like to know which is the good b school for this course.
11th June 2013, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

hii i want to do mba in sports marketing ?which stream shall i choose when i get into a college??
13th December 2013, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

which mba course is better for software engineer in bfs domain
13th December 2013, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i am a software engineer in banking domain which mba course is best for my career...?
12th February 2014, 12:35 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Post Graduate Program in management stream being offered by many of the colleges in India.

As per your query,

my suggestion would be for you is to join in the job opportunity itself soon after the completion of your Engineering if you get any.

If you are not able to get good job after your Engineering, then I suggest you to join MBA course.

The reason why I am suggesting like this is

You can do MBA course in Distance Learning also after joining in job.

If your very interest is to join MBA course only, then prepare for CAT Exam well so that you will get admission for this course in B-Schools and IIMs(Indian Institute of Management) which are the top institutions to join this course.

As per your query,

The following specializations would be a good choice in MBA course for Software Engineers
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Human Resource Management etc.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
12th May 2014, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

I have done engineering in E&TC and now working in Software field as a tester, side by side I am pursing MBA degree, but now I am confused about the streams, which stream would be better for my carrier growth MBA IT/ Finanace/ HR??
15th July 2014, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.E(comp science). I want to go for mba. I want to know which stream is best in terms of salary. Also please let me know the best colleges offering that stream in Bangalore.
Thank you.
5th September 2014, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

hai sir i am completed B.com distance education i want be a software engineer in which course is good in
MBA
12th May 2015, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Hello, im a b.tech computer science passout.. i want to opt for MBA program.. is there any technical stream in MBA that can help me to continue in my technical field.? if any, then anyone please reply to this along with its contents and subjects and the best college for it and its futur scope.. thanks
29th June 2015, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

B.Tech in 5 years of IT experience at Software Developer. MBA Finance a right choice?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?