17th March 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT for M.Tech Civil after qualifying GATE with 74% under ST category?

iam under ST category.i have qualified gate 2011 by 74%. would i get admission in iit for m tech in civil?. please reply back...

18th March 2011, 08:32 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT for M.Tech Civil after qualifying GATE with 74% under ST category?

hi..
as you are an st category student the cut of for you will be very less.
you will be called for the interview in the subjects like environmental engineering and water resource engineering if you apply in iits after that every thing will depend on the point that how you perform in the interview,
last year the cut offs for general candidates were very high for other branches in civil engineering ,but for the branches like environmental and water resource engineering the cut of scores generally remain less,because they are not in great demand right now,
also if you apply in the nits you can easily get some better branches like the geotechnical engineering or construction management,which will be an better option than doing an course like environmental engineering in iits that too in India were there is no demand for them at all
'
18th March 2011, 09:21 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT for M.Tech Civil after qualifying GATE with 74% under ST category?

Hiiiiii Friend,

YES, you can get admission in IIT for M.Tech. in Civil Engineering after qualifying GATE with 74 % under ST category.

Following IIT colleges for M.Tech. in Civil Engineering are as follows: -

1. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
4. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
7. Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati

Good Luck & Good Wishes
18th March 2011, 09:40 AM
asishkumar

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission in IIT for M.Tech Civil after qualifying GATE with 74% under ST category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
iam under ST category.i have qualified gate 2011 by 74%. would i get admission in iit for m tech in civil?. please reply back...
You may not elligible for IIT but you can get admission in NIT.
all the best
18th March 2011, 11:59 AM
kartik0120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yup u cn !!! u hve scored good fr ur category!!!
Bst of Luck!!
18th March 2011, 04:45 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

CUT-OFF SCORES FROM VARIOUS INSTITUTIONS

Each institute has its own cut off percentage in the GATE score. We are trying to get information regarding the history of cut-off scores from all institutions. We will be putting in that information as soon as it comes available. For now, here is the information we have gathered so far.

Typical cut-off scores:

Above 96 Percentile: IITs., IISC
Between 85-96 Percentile: NITs (previously called as RECs)
Less than 85 perentile: Other institutes
PERCENTILE CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION AT IIT DELHI

Degree: M.Tech.[ Full time Direct admission]

Minimum Eligibility:

B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent with very high GATE score and : (a) CGPA of 8.5 or 75% marks in aggregate for general
category; or (b) CGPA of 7.5 or 70% marks in aggregate for SC/ST category.
Selection basis: Application; Test/Interview/ Direct admission.

Degree: M.Tech.[ Part time/Evening programme ]
Minimum Eligibility:
B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant field with CGPA 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general
category, and minimum 1 year experience as on 1 August. Must submit No Objection Certificate from employer at the
time of interview. The organization where he/she is working should be located within 50 km. of IIT Delhi.
Selection basis: Written test and/or interview

Degree: M.Tech.[ Sponsored: part time/full time]
Minimum Eligibility: Same as for M.Tech. part time requirements and Sponsoring Certificate from the employer as per Notes 5 and 6,
respectively.
Selection basis: Written test or and/or interview

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GUWAHATI
A valid GATE score in an appropriate discipline and a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks in the qualifying degree (GATE is not
required for candidates having BTech/BDes degree from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0)

The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test or/and interview/portfolio review, based on
performance in GATE/NET/CEED, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY KANPUR

M.Tech. : B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc.(Engg.)/M.Sc. in respective or allied area with a valid GATE/UGC/CSIR score;
B.Tech. graduates from IITs with an overall minimum CGPA of 6.5 and a CGPA of 8.0 during the last two semesters in B.Tech.
may also apply without a GATE score (such candidates will, however, be not entitled for Institute Assistantship if CGPA is below 8.0).
For M.Tech. in Biological Sciences and Bio Engineering, candidates with MBBS or B.Pharma Degree are also considered.
21st March 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

i got 94.59 percentile in gate11 n i am in obc category. can i get a m tech or phd in iit
26th March 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in IIT i will not qualify GATE
9th May 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i have got above 96 percentile,score 488 and rank 1201 in gate in civil eng branch.i belong to general category.plz tell me what are my chances to get admission at iit delhi ?
11th August 2011, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me how much do we have to score to get a direct admission to IIT GUWAHATI .............in gate exam ...........and moreover i am of sc category......
thank you.
11th August 2011, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

how much do we have to secure to get a direct seat in IIT guwahati for mtech ....in the gate exam......and moreover i am of sc category......
3rd October 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

how much should i score to get mtech in transportation engineering in any of the IIT's ?
please reply...i'm doing my btech civil..
please give an approx rank and marks for me to set a target..
13th February 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

i have qualified in gate 2011 with a score of 400 and i want to take admission in m.tech this year(2012) am eligible now ?
5th April 2012, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

can i get iit for m.tec after scoring 41 marks in gate 2012 as an obs.
1st August 2012, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

can i get admission in IIT for M.Tech civil after qualifying GATE with 67.2% for B.E. ( Last year) under open category?
6th April 2014, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

i got 36 marks in gate 2014 in civil branch.my score is 455 n i belong to sc category.can i get admission in any iit???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?