15th September 2017, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IITs for JEE advanced having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS board?

Can I get admission in IITS for JEE advanced having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS having 4 years gap b/w 10th and 12th? Can you please give me the details on this? What should be the steps I need to follow to apply? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
15th September 2017, 07:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IITs for JEE advanced having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS board?

The number of attempts for Joint Entrance Examination is calculated from year when you appear for board exam of 12th.

If candidate appear for 12th board exam from NIOS in 2018 then he will be eligible for JEE Main in 2018, 2019 and 2020 and for JEE Advanced in 2018 and 2019.

The upper age limit is 25 years in JEE Main. It is relaxed by five years for SC, ST and PWD candidates. You can apply if you are within age limit.
15th September 2017, 07:52 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in IITs for JEE advanced having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS board?

NIOS refers to National Institute of Open Schooling and same is one of the three national board of education in India.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for admission in IITs ( Indian Institute of Technology ) having completed your Class 12th from NIOS board then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for admission in IITs if you have managed to secured at least 75% marks in your Class 12th with PCM group along with managing to qualify JEE Advanced as degree by NIOS is accepted by IITs.

For more details regarding JEE and FAQs related to its eligibility you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
15th September 2017, 08:14 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to write JEE examination and after qualifying in Main stage will become eligible to appear for Advanced stage of examination.

The common eligibility to appear in JEE examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

There is only three attempts to appear for Main stage and two for Advanced stage. So, you can appear in examination.

For syllabus and details about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
15th September 2017, 08:32 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS Board is recognized from Government like CBSE or ICSE Board.

You can apply for JEE Advanced exam on the basis of your NIOS board's 12th marksheet.

Before applying to JEE Advanced, you need to qualify JEE Main Exam which is conducted by CBSE every year.

Then, after qualifying it, you can apply for JEE Advanced exam that is conducted jointly by IITs.
15th September 2017, 09:22 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to get admission in IIT even after a gap of 4 years. But the important thing is that you must have passed 12th from a recognized board. Board does not matter either it is regular mode or distance mode but it should be recognized otherwise your degree should not be valid.
You have to clear entrance exam JEE entrance exam to get admission in any good college.
15th September 2017, 09:22 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and is a recognized board.

NIOS candidates can apply for Joint Entrance exam for admission in NITs and IITs. The upper age limit for JEE is 25 years.

You must be below 25 years to apply for JEE Main. There are two consecutive attempts for JEE Advanced and three consecutive attempts for JEE Main.
16th September 2017, 04:56 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you can get admission in IIT if you have completed your intermediate from NIOS as this board is recognized by the government of India. But your age should below 24 years as the upper age limit for B.Tech course is 24 years. So if you fulfill the eligibility criteria then surely you can get admission in IIT. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?