10th May 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a degree for my diploma in hotel management? How can I convert my diploma into degree?

Respected Sir/ Madam
I have completed my Diploma in Hotel Management ,Catering Technology from IHMCT,Chennai in the year 1991. Now I wish to go for higher studies but I was told that my diploma is not considered as a degree. Kindly advice me on this as to how I can convert my Diploma into a Degree.

Regards
M.Rajkumar.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I convert diploma into BSc degree in hotel management? I have completed 3 years diploma in hotel management affiliated with Alagappa University
  2. How to go for higher studies after completing my diploma in Hotel Management, Catering Technology from IHMCT Chennai?
  3. Converting Hotel Management Diploma to BSc in Hotel Management by giving extra papers
  4. How can I convert my Diploma in Hotel Administration into degree?
  5. List of colleges offering programs to convert diploma into B.Sc degree?
  6. Can I do hotel management after diploma in computer engineering? -- [New]
  7. Whether Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology course is available? Entrance exam for this course? Whether a candidate get admission in degree course after completing diploma?
  8. Is diploma for hotel management and degree of tourism available from IGNOU? List of 3 year courses available for students?
  9. Courses after higher secondary with Commerce stream?
  10. Whether 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is equivalent to Degree?
  11. How can I get admission in Bachelor's degree if completed Hotel Management Diploma course?
  12. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  13. Courses available to study other than B.Sc(Hotel Management) for a Diploma candidate?
  14. What are the other courses other than engineering and medical? I am a girl student in class 12th with PCMB
  15. Which bachelor courses are there in commerce?
  16. Can I convert my diploma into BHM after doing 2 years diploma in hotel management and 7 years international experience?
  17. Eligibility of joining hotel Management course during pursuing first year B.Sc IT and entrance exam details for the same?
  18. Which is better between Hotel Management diploma and masters degree?
11th June 2011, 06:31 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a degree for my diploma in hotel management? How can I convert my diploma into degree?

Hello Friend,
If you are interested in going for higher studies in hotel management like a bachelors degree, you will have to pursue it from a reputed institute. A diploma is never considered equivalent to a degree and therefore, there is no way to convert your diploma into degree without pursuing a 3 year degree program.
Following are some of the well known institutes which offers courses in hotel management and related area:
Institute of Hotel Management, kolkata
NSHM School of Hotel Management, Durgapur
Oriental School of Hotel Management, Kerela
Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai
2nd July 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a degree for my diploma in hotel management? How can I convert my diploma into degree?

please suggest me the name of the institutions which can allow me to complete my bachelor in hotel management as i have completed my 3 years diploma in hotel management and now i want to convert it into a bachelor degree.what are the process for the completion of the bachelor programme and the duration it takes to complete the programme.
thanking you,
asif hussain
18th July 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

i hav one q, i completed my hm in deplo
27th July 2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

hello,
is there any way that we can do some additional course after 3 year diploma in hotel management to convert into a degree, if not is there any other good option that we can go for higher or better study for the future.
thx...
2nd January 2012, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

sir i have my diploma..but is there anyway of completing bachelor degree in 2 years.. like open universities..?
18th March 2012, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

hello want to do postgraduate diploma so that I will one day pursue a career in chartered accounting is this possible?
13th June 2012, 06:39 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

its not a logic that your diploma is converted into degree.you should complete your graduation.because diploma is not a graduation.

if you want to get a degree in hotel management then you should do degree in hotel management else your diploma should not be converted into degree.its a general knowledge.
22nd August 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Doing this so called professional Diploma from IHM PUSA, passing all india level entrace, getting into a rigrous learning, all gone wasted.
Anybody sitting at the ministry of tourism should take a note of this. You guys are litterly spoiling careers of the young generation.

I feel sorry for my decision that I had taken 10 years back.
25th August 2012, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Doing this so called professional Diploma from IHM PUSA, passing all india level entrace, getting into a rigrous learning, all gone wasted.
Anybody sitting at the ministry of tourism should take a note of this. You guys are litterly spoiling careers of the young generation.

I feel sorry for my decision that I had taken 10 years back.
don't feel sorry - you can convert diploma to degree by enrolling in a course in IGNOU - its 2 years course and diploma holders are eligible to apply. for more details log on to IGNOU website and search for a course called MTM - masters intourism management.
29th December 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

can i turn my diploma of higher education into a full degree?
11th January 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by navjotsidhupamal View Post
its not a logic that your diploma is converted into degree.you should complete your graduation.because diploma is not a graduation.

if you want to get a degree in hotel management then you should do degree in hotel management else your diploma should not be converted into degree.its a general knowledge.
I am unable to understand what r these so called senior person r replying. IHM diploma can be converted in degree there is one year course in IGNOU u must talk somebody in IGNOU.
17th January 2013, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do BBA degree after completing the Diploma course in hosptality management
11th March 2013, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

I have already compeleted my ty bcom last year, n want 2 go for diploma in hotel management, am i going in a right way, i cant do degree in hotel management bcoz i already have a degree of tybcom...many people told me dat diploma is not a good way go for degree, should i go for degree or dimploma
Plz guide me....
9th May 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects we want to take for the course in hotel management? can i do hotel management after taking humanities as a subject
16th December 2013, 05:09 AM
Unregistered

Hello Iam an Indian living in Peru and i want to do an online bachelors degree preferably in education or a teachers degree
how can i do it
Nishant
28th January 2014, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
I am a 1 year diploma holder in hotel management after 10th i need degree is it possible ?
13th May 2014, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Hey I had doned my 10th at 60% marks and now I want to do Hotel Management so what should I do now and can u tell me a best ins/colleges for hotel management...

JAIPAL SINGH
28th December 2014, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello
I have a same question too, can I convert my 2years diploma to degree? If yes, suggest me the institution or colleges name.
10th June 2015, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have completed my 10th with 79% and I want to do hotel management course without 12% is that possible?????
25th August 2020, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

It is possible to convert 3 year diploma in hotel management & catering technology ( only recognised by NCHMCT , AICTE , State board / university ).

Currently, there's a lateral entry program wherein those possessing a 3 year diploma in hotel management & catering technology can enrol directly to the 3rd year of BSC Catering & Hotel Administration. The admission registration process will close towards end of September 2020 & exams will be held during June/July 2021.

Course fee - Rs.75,000/- including course material , online tutorial & college fee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?