6th March 2011, 07:35 PM
supreet.panesar

Is it true that degree after diploma has the same importance as degree after 12th? Which one is more preferred?

i will do diploma after 10th class,?????and then degreee in that feild....will my degree after diploma will get same importance as degree after 12th class??which degree will be first prefferd in job degree after 12 or first diploma and then degree?
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me????????

Related Questions:
  1. What is more helpful, degree after diploma or degree after 12th?
  2. Should I go for diploma after 10th or degree after 12th? Which entrance to answer to join degree college after diploma?
  3. Diploma to degree or Degree after 12th, which is more valuable?
  4. Which one is better between diploma after 10th and degree after 12th? Which diploma degree is better for girls?
  5. Is post graduation diploma comes under a masters degree?
  6. Does a Post Graduate Diploma suffice to pursue an M.Phil Degree?
  7. Should I get degree after completing 12th or diploma? Is degree after 12th more beneficial or should i go for degree after diploma?
  8. Can I do any diploma course to do degree in future without 12th?
  9. Is it true that the rules for direct 2nd year admission to degree after diploma has been changed?
  10. Engineering after Diploma is more preferred or after 12th? -- [New]
  11. Is it possible to do graduation than degree after diploma in Electrical?
  12. Can I get a degree for my diploma in hotel management? How can I convert my diploma into degree?
  13. Is it possible to get B.A or B.Com degree without doing 12th(by doing diploma)? What is the procedure?
  14. Best option after completing 10th? Which is preferable diploma in engineering(mechanical) or 12th science? I've passed 10th with 81% marks
  15. Is there any way to get a degree after diploma except engineering? Why diploma isn't considered as degree?
  16. Details of Diploma in HR after B.Com?
  17. What is the cutoff for Gujarati Quota in DJ Sanghavi?
  18. How can I be employed in South African Army? -- [Most Discussed]
1st May 2011, 04:58 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it true that degree after diploma has the same importance as degree after 12th? Which one is more preferred?

Diploma is some what a technical course related to Engineering.The best thing in Diploma is that it covers almost all the subjects in the Engineering stream.

Example:-If you want to take up Electrical and Electronics Engineering then going through diploma(EEE stream) and later taking up B.E/B.Tech course will be useful because in diploma you will cover almost all the subjects in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.Hence diploma is advantageous if you wish to go through any Engineering stream.

Its really advantageous if you go through the Engineering stream after completing your diploma.Only in the Engineering stream you will find diploma students getting benefited.

If you want to take up any other degree course like M.Sc(maths,electronics,computers) or any other M.Sc course which has Maths as one of it's subjects then it will be better that you go through the 12th M.P.C(Maths,Physics,Chemistry)stream.So,diploma has got advantages and disadvantages and it's up to you to choose the degree.Based on your decision you can take up either diploma or 12th M.P.C.
1st May 2011, 05:20 PM
Tushar93

Default Re: Is it true that degree after diploma has the same importance as degree after 12th? Which one is more preferred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreet.panesar View Post
i will do diploma after 10th class,?????and then degreee in that feild....will my degree after diploma will get same importance as degree after 12th class??which degree will be first prefferd in job degree after 12 or first diploma and then degree?
Friend,
First of all you should decide what degree you want to do. If it is BTech. then diploma will help a lot and fetch you good marks in university exams, if it is BSc or any other degree then doing 12th will be a good option.
doing diploma then degree is same as doing 12th then degree.
1st May 2011, 05:32 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

12th standard courses will have complete theoretical knowledge,were as Diploma candidates has more practical knowledge in engineering sector.

Course is complete differs for 12th standard course and Diploma course.

12th completed candidate will join in graduation colleges to get some career knowledge about subjects,in which they were interested,were as Diploma candidate already go through some of the topic in their previous course,so they need make concept more clear in the graduation course.

For 12th completed candidates,they have to continue the graduation course from first year,were as Diploma candidate will start their studies from 2nd year.
9th May 2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

I want to do degree in mechanical engineering,how should i go through 12th science or diploma after 10th? which one is more beneficial?
15th May 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

is it good to do diploma in architecture after 10th instead ofve me the right way doing 12th??????? and can i take degree in architecture after doing doploma???????plz.............tel me the right way......................
27th May 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

i have passed out 10th and want to pursue engineering.........if i take a diploma and then go for a degree,will it take the same no.of years as it takes from 2 yrs of college[11th and 12th] and then a degree?
which course will be more beneficial?
30th May 2011, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

is diploma after 10 preferable over 12 M.P.C for computer engineering???
31st May 2011, 12:12 AM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
friend,

12th is more of theoretical and diploma is practical and if you wanted to join engineering after diploma the a diploma course is better.but you should have same streams in diploma and engineering otherwise no use of it.

good luck.
4th June 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED 12th ,BUT NOW WHAT I WILL DO NEXT,WHETHER ENGINEERING OR DEGREE( BSc MATHS) WHICH SHOULD I SELECT ?
14th June 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

which is the best type of engineering?
17th June 2011, 09:06 PM
sachin6

Diploma after degree is good. Because you have a practical knowledge gain . That is needed one for doing a degree.
19th June 2011, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 12 sci i want to know that how many years wil it take to do, diploma
24th June 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I had completed my 10th..... And now I want to do "Diploma In Computer Science And Engineering"..................
Which Is Better option To Take... Doing Engineering After 12th OR Doing Diploma after 10th.................???????

Could Somebody Help me Please.........................!!!!!
26th June 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my ssc, i want to do computer engg . is it better to do12 or diploma
5th July 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I had completed(in 2004) Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering after 10th,Now I am a proffessional and wanted to have degree..so which course I could select ..please suggest.
6th July 2011, 12:29 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi,
Yes it is true that degree after diploma has the same importance as degree after 12th.
But with the diploma course you only get benefits when after diploma you go for the engineering course. But if you want to go to any other stream beside engineering then it is not a good idea to join diploma course.

Best wishes....
6th July 2011, 01:00 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

If your aim is to do degree courses like BSc or BCA or other degress except engineering, then you must do 11 12. this is because diploma is completely technical line and it will not help you in your degree courses except engineering degree.
But if you want to do engineering then doing 11 12 or diploma does not matters. A student got degree after 12th and a student dot the degree after diploma have the same value. both have the same job oppurtunities.
If your ultimate target is Engineering, then I will sugeest you to go for diploma either than 11 12. As diploma is completely technical line, it will help you durring your b.tech studies.....
6th July 2011, 02:55 AM
naveen7777

Quote:
Hello
both have same importance and the same value and there will be no problem in future or any placement time
if after 10 diploma is done for b.tech then it will be a advantages part because it covers more of your engineering syllabus and .in placement time your value rises more and will get good job

diploma
carries syllabus of ,12
so no difference
6th July 2011, 08:02 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

both are same.

after diploma you do engg. and after 12th you do engg.
have equal opportunity.

difference is that after diploma you entry in 3rd semester in engg.

but after 12th you entry in begining .

job opportunity are same for both .............

Do not worry about this ................
6th July 2011, 12:56 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
See, it is depend in which field you want to make your future..
If you want to go for engineering then Diploma is a better than 12th..
because diploma is a technical course based on engineering subjects.. If you go for B.tech after diploma, then you will be helpful as the basic knowledge you already got from the diploma...
Also after completion of your diploma you can get a good job in govt. sectors..
but if you want to go for general field like B.Sc then 12th with PCM is the better option...
it will clear your basic concept....
so, now you decide what you will do..
All the best..
6th July 2011, 01:18 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is clear from your question that you have set your goal for a degree. It is a very good thing to have a clear cut goal. Now your confusion is regarding what to do after your 10th. The confusion is regarding what to do, either +2 or diploma. Now for degree admission almost all the colleges require students who have completed 10+2 and not 10+ diploma. Even companies that recruit candidates prefer to have students who are 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 rather than 10+ diploma.
6th July 2011, 01:26 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
See, it is depend in which field you want to make your future..
If you want to go for engineering then Diploma is a better than 12th..
because diploma is a technical course based on engineering subjects.. If you go for B.tech after diploma, then you will be helpful as the basic knowledge you already got from the diploma...
Also after completion of your diploma you can get a good job in govt. sectors..
but if you want to go for general field like B.Sc then 12th with PCM is the better option...
it will clear your basic concept....
so, now you decide what you will do..
All the best..
6th July 2011, 04:18 PM
digvijaygarg

Well dear it depends on the company
some ask specifically for 12th while some are okay with diploma
in diploma you get to learn about engineering for 6 years whereas in degree you learn in 4 years
7th July 2011, 03:02 AM
namit_sahu21
Member+

Degree after diploma or 12th has the same importance but degree after 12th is more preferred. In my opinion you should first go for 12th because diploma is a three course while in completing 12th it will take2 years only....
So I advice you to go for 12th then for a degree...
Good luck...
6th August 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

i want to do BA degree after diploma is it possible
7th August 2011, 05:10 PM
Bmsri

since degree after diploma has the same importance as degree after 12th it is better Joining diploma after 10th ,then with it will be a advantage in many ways as it would not waste 2 years,if you do your diploma after your12th.Otherwise it is better to do degree after your 12th instead of diploma.
Good luck.
13th June 2012, 08:03 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

yes both have same importance but the only difference was that you get more confused in mathematics during b.tech after doing diploma.because there in no subjetc related to mathematics in diploma.that is the main big disadvantage that the students that enter in degree after +2 they have strong base in mathematics and the diploma holder lacks in taht field.otherwise ther is no such difference.
14th June 2012, 01:21 PM
rockstarrocks

Hi dear,

Diploma is some what a technical course related to Engineering.The best thing in Diploma is that it covers almost all the subjects in the Engineering stream.

Example:-If you want to take up Electrical and Electronics Engineering then going through diploma(EEE stream) and later taking up B.E/B.Tech course will be useful because in diploma you will cover almost all the subjects in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.Hence diploma is advantageous if you wish to go through any Engineering stream.

Its really advantageous if you go through the Engineering stream after completing your diploma.Only in the Engineering stream you will find diploma students getting benefited.

If you want to take up any other degree course like M.Sc(maths,electronics,computers) or any other M.Sc course which has Maths as one of it's subjects then it will be better that you go through the 12th M.P.C(Maths,Physics,Chemistry)stream.So,diploma has got advantages and disadvantages and it's up to you to choose the degree.Based on your decision you can take up either diploma or 12th M.P.C.
Thanks
25th June 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Is Diploma after 10th in Information Technology and a degree in engineering (3 years) as i get admitted directly into 2nd year of degree course considered in USA for pursuing Masters Degree? I ask this question as it is 10 3 3 ad not 12 4 as reuired by US universities.Please answer ASAP.
25th June 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Is Diploma in IT after 10th and then Degree in IT after Diploma i.e 10 3 3 considered in USA for masters?
13th May 2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

my 10percentage is 80 but unfortunately I get 12 just 57 percent I want to study eng or dip and eng which better scope for me
25th June 2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i got 87 % in ssc which iz better n of more scope in future fr computer engineering.....diploma or 12......plz help me ......n if i do my diploma r there scopes fr getting admissions in good degree colleges
27th June 2014, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

I GOT ADMISSION IN POLYTECHNIC, I ALSO WANT TO DO B A FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY, IF IT IS POSSIBLE OF NOT
14th July 2017, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Is the promotions in companies are same for both 10 diploma engineering and 12 engineering candidates or any type of difference we have to face later.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?