2nd November 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job after completing B.Tech CSE with below 60%?

can i get a job after completing b.tech(cse) with below 60% or approximately 60% marks please help me to get some information..

3rd November 2011, 07:26 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get a job after completing B.Tech CSE with below 60%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i get a job after completing b.tech(cse) with below 60% or approximately 60% marks please help me to get some information..
Can I get a job after completing B.Tech CSE with below 60%?

Yes , you will find it difficult to get Jobs in some well known companies like-Wipro, Infosys, TCS e.t.c because these companies need at least 60% in your overall educational career means in class 10th, 12th and B.tech.

But you can start your career from some little known companies or smaller companies. After getting an experiance of 5 to 10 years apply for these well known companies , you will definitely get job.

For getting job in any software company, you must have good command in programming languages like:
  • .NET
  • PHP
  • C and C++
  • JAVA
  • ORACLE

Apart from these , it would be better for you if you can do some extra courses like -
  • Ceritified Ethical Hacking
  • Network Security

In todays life , marks has importance but the most important thing for getting job in software company is your programming skill.

With Regards
ravik1214
3rd November 2011, 09:26 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get a job after completing B.Tech CSE with below 60%?

Getting a Job won't be difficult , but yeah getting in good and renowned companies like Infosys, HCL, Wipro, Sytel, TCS etc would be challenging for you as you do not meet their criteria of selection.

These companies ask for a minimum of 60% in your 10th 12th and graduation.

Anyhow, you can start by giving interviews to private B grade companies, and can gain experience from there.

It also matters how much knowledge and hold you have on your subject. So polish your programming skills in C, C++, JAVA, Advanced JAVA, .NET, PHP etc.

These days Android is also flooding the market. You can go for it also, to have an edge over others.

Then you would certainly be allowed to work in a company. Once you gain experience and prove your skills and knowledge, you can get a good job in a MNC (Multi National Company.)

Good Luck !
3rd November 2011, 10:19 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I get a job after completing B.Tech CSE with below 60%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Eligibility Criteria For IT Companies

I dont think all is lost as yet..even if you work hard now..then also you can make a good career..

Most of the popular IT companies like TCS,Wipro,IBM,HCL,etc do accept people who fulfill the following minimum conditions :-

1) You should have 60% or more in 10th,12th and your B.Tech (50% for Syntel and 65% for Infosys)

2) A study gap of not more than 1 year (2 years permissible for TCS and Syntel)

3) No active backlogs at the time of placement..

In order to make it to the top IT companies you need to be well-versed in at least 1 computer language like C,C++,VB,JAVA,etc..

In order to get the job you need to go through the following steps :-
Written Exam
Technical Interview
HR Interview

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
16th January 2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a job after completing B.Tech CSE with below 60%?

i m b.tech fresher(2011 passout),m not working anywhere yet now.m getting frustrated at home due to not doing job.i have not done any extra course like ccna etc.wat type of companies i should join ,m totally confused.please find a solution of my problem
20th June 2012, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

i hv completed my btech(cse) in 2012 nd got 68% of aggregate ,i want 2 get into top mnc's for d software post but my intermediate % is below 60 nd 10th is 71% so tel me hw 2 get a gud job of software field in companies like tcs, infosys, wipro etc , i ll do hardwork 2 get into dis company but need suggestions wat shud i do whether to go for diploma courses or start my career with any company?
28th September 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

I'm having 58% in my 12th but 75 in my MCA. can any one list out b grade companies for me?
25th December 2012, 05:54 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Yes, If you are good in programming languages like :

1. PHP
2. .NET
3. SQL Server
4. Oracle
5. Android

Then you can also get a job in web designing company or in a designing company of mobile applications or may also start your own business. Else you have have so many options like, You can apply in one of the following:

Name of Government Jobs for computer science Engineers:

1. DRDO(Defense research and development organization)
2. BSNL(Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)
3. RRB(Railway recruitment Board)
4. UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)
5. AAI(Airport Authority of India)
6. ISRO(Indian Space Research Organization)
7. Government Schools
8. Assistant Lecturer in Colleges
9. Bank Jobs
10. Defence Jobs Like Indian Army/Air Force/Navy

Private Sector:

1. IBM

2. TCS

3. Infosys

4. HP

5. Dell

6. CTS

7. Microsoft

8. GOOGLE

9. HCL

10. Wipro

11. ECIL

12. NPCIL

13. BHEL

14. HPCL

15. NTPC

Wish you all the very best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?