8th April 2015, 08:59 PM
ritik777

Can I get job in Air Force or Army after Electronics and Electrical engineering?

I am currently doing B.tech in Electronics and electrical(1st year). Can i get a job in air force(flying wing) or army after completing it.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army?
  2. How can girls get job in Air Force after pursuing diploma in electrical and electronics engineering?
  3. Can I get Job in Air Force after completion of Diploma with Electrical Engineering?
  4. How to join Indian Air Force? I am pursuing final year engineering in electrical and electronics stream
  5. What is the career scope for me in IAF after completion of BCA course?
  6. How can I join Indian Army, Navy or Air Force after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
  7. Can I get a job for technical position air force passing 3rd year electronics and communication?
  8. How to join Indian Army after B.Tech. in Electronics and Electrical engineering?
  9. Job Opportunities in Air Force after completion of B.Sc in Electronics & Computers? How to prepare for the required Exams?
  10. How can I join Army, Navy, Airforce while pursuing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?
  11. How can I join Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  12. Previous year paper of AFCAT and other details about the exam?
  13. How to get a job in Navy, Air force or Police after passing engineering from electronics and telecommunication?
  14. How to join Indian Army after completing electrical and electronics engineering
  15. Opportunities in Technical field of Indian Air Force for B.E.(ECE) student?
  16. Jobs for Electronics and Electrical engineers in Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can i join Air Force as a Pilot at 2nd year Electronics engineering?
  18. How can I get a job in Navy, Army or Air force? I have scored 51% marks in intermedaite
8th April 2015, 10:49 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Air Force or Army after Electronics and Electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik777 View Post
I am currently doing B.tech in Electronics and electrical(1st year). Can i get a job in air force(flying wing) or army after completing it.

You can apply for CDS exam which is one of the defence service exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year as CDS I and CDS II.

To join in Indian Army or Air Force there are eligibility standards which are needed to be satisfied which are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 19-24 years for Indian Army

# For Indian air force, candidate need to have 19-23 years of age.

# Educational qualification needed for Indian army is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university

# For joining in Indian Air Force candidate need to have completed degree with physics and mathematics as subjects.

# Apart from all these candidate need to be physically fit.

The candidate who satisfies all these above criteria is eligible for applying CDS Exam. You are pursuing your B.tech course at this stage, so it is better that you finish it and then apply for the exam.

To know more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th April 2015, 11:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Air Force or Army after Electronics and Electrical engineering?

Yes, why not, there are several exams for which you can appear in final year of engineering for Indian Airforce and Indian Army.

For Indian Air Force:

AFCAT that is Air Force Common Admission test is the entrance exam conducted for engineering graduates twice every year for ground duty, technical and flying wings.

You can apply for this exam in final year of engineering. You must have studied mathematics and physics at 10+2 level.

First stage is written test which contains questions from General awareness and aptitude, English and one paper from core branch of engineering.

If you clear written test, you will be called for Service Selection Board.

For any more details about this exam, visit www.careerairforce.nic.in.

For Indian Army:

1. UES: University Entry Scheme

You can apply for this scheme which gives you direct chance to appear for SSB in prefinal year of engineering. Candidates are short listed depending upon percentage of marks in all semester till final year.

2. Technical Graduate Cadre Scheme:

You can apply for this exam in final year of engineering. Percentage criteria is used to short list candidates for SSB.

For any more details about these two schemes, you can visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.

3. Combined Defense Services exam:

It is conducted twice every year by UPSC.

For Indian Military Academy, you must be a bachelor's degree holder or final year of it.

The age limit is 19-24 years.

Official website for CDS entrance exam details: www.upsc.gov.in.
9th April 2015, 09:46 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get a job in Air Force or in Army after completing bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. But you will have to appear for entrance exams and crack it with good marks and ranks.

The list of entrance exams for which you can appear in final year of engineering to get a job in Air Force or Indian Army is as below:

1. Air Force Common Admission test.

2. Combined Defense Services.

3. University Entry Scheme.
9th April 2015, 10:29 AM
poojasingh151

You cannot get a job in first year of Electrical Electronics Engineering but during your final year you can appear for certain entrance exams that will give you chance to join Indian Air Force and Indian Army.

~~One of the exam for Air Force is Air Force Common Admission test.

~~ For Army and Air Force, Combined Defense Services.

~~ For prefinal year candidates of bachelor's degree, University entry scheme.

~~SSC tech for Men and Women for Indian Army.
9th April 2015, 01:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Air Force in various departments like Flying branch and Technical branch.

For Flying branch :

1.CDS (19 to 23 years )

2.Flying Short Service Commission (19 to 23 years )

3.National Cadet Corps Special Entry (19 to 23 years )

For Technical branch :

1.Direct Entry Scheme (18 to 28 years )

2.University Entry Scheme

Thus you can apply for Indian Air force above methods. But you should note that any candidate who wants to apply for Direct entry scheme and University Entry scheme you have a AFCAT score with you.
9th April 2015, 05:58 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can get job in Air Force or Army after completing bachelor's degree in Electronics and Electrical engineering.

To join Indian Army, you can apply for CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the exam are as under:-

-The candidate nationality should be Indian with valid residence certificate.

-For CDS exam,the age limit are following:-

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The educational qualification are;

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Indian Naval Academy-B.Sc. with Physics and Mathematics/Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board/Bachelor of Engineering.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the physical standards for admission to the CDS exam.
10th April 2015, 12:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik777 View Post
If you have completed B.Tech in Electronics and Electrical engineering then you are eligible for Indian Air Force and Army exam through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Naval Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers
10th April 2015, 01:25 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely.
There are very bright opportunities for b.tech students like you to serve the nation and to be a part of Air force and Indian Army.

See, now i will be telling you about the different schemes through which you can apply for Army or air force-
1) University entry scheme
2) Exams like CDS and AFCAT
3) Pool campus interviews are also held time to time by the Indian Army, Navy and Air force.

These all are sort of a screening tests after which you have to appear for the SSB exam.

Generally exams like CDS and AFCAT should be given around 3rd year because they consists of your b.tech knowledge. So, i would like to advise you to prepare for all this accordingly.
10th April 2015, 12:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not get a job in any wings of Air Force or Indian Army while pursuing first year of engineering.

You can only apply for the various entrance exams for Air Force an Indian Army only after completion of bachelor's degree in engineering or in final year of it.

Entrance exams for you:

~~ Air Force Common Admission test.

~~ Combined Defense Services.

~~Technical Graduate Entry Scheme.

~~University entry scheme.

You can select the entrance exam as per your wish and career goal of life.
11th April 2015, 11:28 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No there is no jobs in Indian Air Force or Indian Army for the B.tech Ist year students . But if you were a science candidate in class12 you can apply for NDA if your age lies between 16.5-19 years .
Otherwise you have to wait till your final year of B.tech . Then there are large number of examination for recruitment in these .
You can go for :-
AFCAT .
CDS .

You can also directly apply for the SSB through:-
TGC .
UES .

So wait for 3 more years or apply for NDA entrance examination .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?