31st July 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Air Force? I am pursuing final year engineering in electrical and electronics stream

How to join Indian air force??
I am perusing final year engineering in electrical & electronics stream which entrances i have to take and when is that entrances will be and how i have to prepare for it??
And will be allowed if i go with laser treatment to eyes since now i am using spectacle wt power -1& -1.25

Related Questions:
24th March 2015, 12:08 AM

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force? I am pursuing final year engineering in electrical and electronics stream

Yes you can join IAF (Indian Air force) after your Electrics & electronics degree.

you can take the AFCAT exam which is conducted two times in a year for getting into IAF. The exam can be taken even when you are in your final year and you can try for technical, logistics, ground duty cadre through it.

You can also take CDSE exam (Combined defense services exam) which is for getting into Army, IAF or the navy.

IAF also comes into engineering colleges for TGC- Technical grade course and if you are shortlisted you will be called for SSB.

After taking these exams of AFCAT or CDSE, you need to pass the SSB interview and medical test.

As you have mentioned that you use spectacles of -1 and -1.25, you wont be eligible for Flying branch but you are eligible for ground duty and technical subjected to the specific requirements of the forces.
Visit www.careerairforce.nic.in for notification.
24th March 2015, 08:55 AM
sanspeur

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force? I am pursuing final year engineering in electrical and electronics stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to join Indian air force??
I am perusing final year engineering in electrical & electronics stream which entrances i have to take and when is that entrances will be and how i have to prepare for it??
And will be allowed if i go with laser treatment to eyes since now i am using spectacle wt power -1& -1.25
Defence services are most reputed and better carrer option for any student.
As it imparts job security and future prospects.
For final year engineering student there is so much scope to get into it.
.you are eligible for afcat exam conducted every year by the IAF.

As from engineering background it is advisable one should go for technical scheme for this exam.
As patter of the exam is as follows..
Afcat written exam
Ssb interview.
As from medical fitness point of view any student having defect or pretreatment of body organs are not eligible for pilot only but they are eligible for ground duty.
25th March 2015, 12:07 AM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi Guest,

Yes you can apply for Indian Air Force.To join Indian Air Force you have to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test(AFCAT).

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AFCAT:

-> 3rd year B.Tech student or Final year B.Tech student can apply for AFCAT.

-> Candidates who have passed B.Tech can also apply.

-> Age of the candidate must be in between 21 to 30 years.

-> Indian citizen can apply for AFCAT.

-> Candidate must be physically fit.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

* AFCAT.

* SSB interview.

* Medical test.

Thanks and Regards,
er.animesh6
22nd May 2017, 11:01 PM
isargie

Indian Air-force recruits electricians every years depending on vacancies available.
As an electrician, candidate have to deal with various electrical components of aircraft, electrical assistance in hanger/apron/terminal building,etc.These are falls under 'X' group.Various technical and non technical trades are filled under this group.

Educational Qualification::::

Candidate must have to complete their 12th minimum 50% in physics , chemistry and mathematics and 50% in English from recognized school and colleges.
or Three years diploma from government polytechnic institute in Mechanical/ Electrical /Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology /Information Technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?