23rd May 2012, 01:47 PM
JANANI BAI

Can I get a seat in Aeronautical Engineering in top 50 colleges after scoring 76% in 12th?

Now i had finished 12th then i want to join aeronautical engg but i had got only 76% in 12th for engg.now my doubt is i able to get seat for aeronautical engg atleast at top 50 collages.plz answer me sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get free seat in Top Aeronautical engineering college in Hyderabad?
  2. Can I get a free seat in top aeronautical engineering college of Hyderabad? -- [New]
  3. Exams to be written by intermediate student to get a seat in Aeronautical Engineering? Names of the colleges in AP for Aeronautical Engineering?
  4. Top colleges for Aeronautical Engineering for girls? Job opportunities after Aeronautical Engineering?
  5. How to get a free seat in Aeronautical Engineering Colleges?
  6. What is the minimum rank required in AIEEE to get a seat in Aeronautical Engineering in top colleges in India
  7. Is it possible to get a seat in top engineering colleges affiliated to JNTU/OU after scoring 72290 in GATE?
  8. Which are the best Aeronautical Engineering colleges after completing 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. List of top engineering colleges in which I can get a seat after scoring a rank of 1944 in ECET?
  10. How to get a free seat in Aeronautical Engineering College?
  11. Will I get a seat in university or top engineering college after scoring 1711 in PGECET in ECE?
  12. Am I eligible for getting admission in India's top 5 engineering colleges after scoring 85% marks in 12th?
  13. Can I get a seat in top 30 engineering colleges in Hyderabad after scoring 41,000 in EAMCET?
  14. Top 10 universities which offer B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) in Abroad? Percentage required in 12th to study Aeronautical in Abroad?
  15. How to do Aeronautical engineering after scoring 75% in 12th and 96 marks in EAMCET?
  16. Top 5 colleges in Tamil Nadu for Aeronautical Engineering? Information regarding Fee structure ad Entrance Examination for this course?
  17. Can I get aeronautical engineering seat in Bangalore after scoring 90% in 2nd PUC?
  18. How to do Aeronautical engineering after passing 12th?
22nd July 2012, 08:07 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in Aeronautical Engineering in top 50 colleges after scoring 76% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANANI BAI View Post
Now i had finished 12th then i want to join aeronautical engg but i had got only 76% in 12th for engg.now my doubt is i able to get seat for aeronautical engg atleast at top 50 collages.plz answer me sir.
Your score in 12th hardly matters when trying to get admission in top colleges for Engineering. To get seat in a Engineering college in India, you will have to appear in one of the many entrance exams like:

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

UPSEE

BISTAT

MHT-CET

DCE

EAMCET

KCET

HP CPET

GCET

IIT-JEE is among the toughest entrance exams not just in India but around the world. However there is a bright side, if you cleared the IIT-JEE exam, you will get a golden opportunity to study is best Engineering colleges in India.

Similarly the next major entrance exam is AIEEE. Around 15 percent of Engineering seats in India are filled by the All India Engineering Entrance Exam. Some of the top Engineering institutes give admission on the basis of AIEEE score.

Its the state level entrance exam which accommodates almost 85 percent of Engineering students every year. Each state has its own entrance exam which would make you eligible to get admission in Engineering college within that particular state. For example - GCET is exam of Gujarat, MHT-CET belongs to Maharashtra etc.

Basis of your performance in these entrance exams you will admission in the college. Therefore stop thinking that your 12th class score has ruined your chances of getting admission in top Engineering colleges. Do you know that you are only required to score 50 percent marks in 12th board to appear in the Engineering entrance exams like AIEEE.

Therefore your percentage in 12th class is far better than many Engineering aspirants. I would suggest you to stop thinking about 12th class score and start preparing for the Engineering Entrance exam.

Good Luck.
22nd July 2012, 09:37 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in Aeronautical Engineering in top 50 colleges after scoring 76% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANANI BAI View Post
With your class 12 result it is not possible for you to get a good college unless and until you are trying to opt for direct admission to some colleges whose placement records are doubtful.

To pursue this course you need to sit for the engineering entrance exams, crack that and based on the rank you get you will get a college accordingly and also the stream.

To sit for the engineering exams the basic eligibility criteria is minimum 50% of marks at 10+2 level. However IIT JEE demands for a 60% in aggregate.

If one has a diploma degree in aeronautical engineering or mechanical engineering then also he can apply for the full time course.

You can give the following entrance exams to pursue this course: IIT JEE, AIEEE, CEE, SLIET, IIA, IISAT and various other state level entrance exams.

Top Institutes for this course includes:

Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
Academy of Aerospace & Aviation, Indore
Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
IIT, Chennai
IIT, Kharagpur
Manipal University
IIT, Bombay

So it is a long process and time consuming as well and requires you to start preparing for it much in an advance. Many students starts preparing for it from class 11 itself. You do not have much time at hand so my advice would be that you should drop a year, prepare yourself for the exam and give the exam and then sit for the exam next year.

All the best dear
22nd July 2012, 10:30 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

top Aeronautical Engineering Colleges :

Indian Institute of Technology , Mumbai
Indian Institute of Technology , Chennai
Institute of Technology , Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology , Kharagpur
Punjab Engineering College
Madras Institute of Technology
Academy of Aerospace & Aviation , Indore
Institute of Aeronautical Engineering , Dehradun
Hindustan College of Engineering , Tamil Nadu
Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?