7th March 2018, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Can I give Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) with my incomplete graduation?

I wanted to know if I can apply for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) even if my B.Com degree is not completed? Is it possible? Am I eligible to appear for the exam?

15th March 2018, 01:20 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) with my incomplete graduation?

CLAT is Common Law Admission Test and it is conducted by National Law university for admission in B.A.LLB or LLM course.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in B.A LLB course.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with minimum 45%. There is no age limit to appear for examination.

For detail information about examination visit at http://www.clat.ac.in.
15th March 2018, 01:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) with my incomplete graduation?

The full form of CLAT is Common Law Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria for CLAT exam:

1. You should have minimum academic qualification of 12th from a recognized board.

2. Minimum 45% marks in 12th is required to apply for exam. For SC/ST candidates, it is 40% marks.

You can apply for CLAT exam even if you have not completed Bachelor of Commerce.
15th March 2018, 01:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Common Law Admission Test;

*Minimum academic qualification required is 12th passed in any board.

*The minimum percentage of marks in 12th should be 45% for general and OBC category. It is 40% for SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for exam at http://www.clat.ac.in.
15th March 2018, 03:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Common Law Admission test before completion of bachelor's degree. The minimum academic qualification required for CLAT exam is higher secondary. You must have passed 12th.

But you should have at least 45% marks in higher secondary to apply for CLAT examination. You can apply for exam at http://www.clat.ac.in.
15th March 2018, 03:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to appear for CLAT examination. CLAT examination is conducted every year for admission in B.A LLB or LLM course.

So you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in B.A LLB ( 5 years duration ) course.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream from a recognised board. There is no age limit to appear for examination.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination is 45%. The application form for the examination is closed now. For detail information related to CLAT visit at www.clat.ac.in.
15th March 2018, 04:20 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CLAT refers to Common Law Admission Test and it is held by NLUs ( National Law University ) for admission in degree courses in law across various NLUs.

Being a student of B.Com degree student you are eligible for appearing in CLAT for admission in BA LLB degree course of five years for which the basic educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with 45% marks ( or 40% marks in case SC/ST/PH category candidates ) from a recognized board.

For more details related to CLAT you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.
15th March 2018, 04:39 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to give Common Law Admission Test Entrance Examination having B.Com as an educational qualification. CLAT examination is basically conducted for admission into:

Master of Law course

Bachelor of Law course

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for Bachelor Degree CLAT Examination is 12th class from a recognized board. Since you have completed B.Com which is Graduation, you are absolutely eligible for CLAT Examination. To be eligible for LLM course, the basic educational qualification required in Bachelor Degree in LLB course. Yes, you can start your preparation for CLAT Examination being a B.Com Graduate.
15th March 2018, 04:53 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get admission in integrated B.A LLB course then you are eligible to appear for CLAT examination.

The examination is conducted every year. You are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in master in law.

The required qualification to appear for BA LLB is that candidate must have passed higher secondary with minimum 45%. So, you can appear for examination next year.

The last date of filling the application form the entrance examination is over. To get complete information about the admission visit at www.clat.ac.in.
15th March 2018, 05:32 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Being a student of B.Com degree you are eligible for appearing in CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) for getting admission in LLB ( Bachelor of legislative law ) degree course of five years in National Law University provided that you have secured at least 45% marks in your Class 12th as for appearing in CLAT, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in any stream with 45% marks from a recognized board of examination. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST or PH category.

For more details regarding CLAT you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.
15th March 2018, 05:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Common Law Admission Test:

Student should be 12th passed from a recognized board. Board appearing students can also apply for CLAT examination.

You can apply even if your Bachelor of commerce is not complete.

You should have at least 45% marks in 12th board exam.
15th March 2018, 05:55 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.

It is conducted by National Law University for admission in BA LLB course. The requirements for this entrance exam;

Academic qualification: 12th passed from a recognized board with 45% marks.

In case of SC/ST candidates, it is 40%.

You can apply for exam at its official website.
15th March 2018, 06:29 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for CLAT but eligible for admission only in BA LLB course not in LLM course.

The examination is conducted for admission in BA LLB and LLM course.

The eligibility to appear for BA LLB course is that :

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have scored minimum 45% in the 12th.

There is no limitation on discipline of 12th.

No age limit to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?