3rd August 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I give the entrance test of IIT after passing 10th from Gujarat State Board

I am in 10th std of gujarat state education board. can i give an entrance test of iit?

Related Questions:
  1. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard? -- [New]
  3. Can I go for Gujarat board after passing 10th?
  4. Can I go for Gujarat board after passing 10th?
  5. Which is better between Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board?
  6. Is it beneficial to transfer from ICSE Board to Gujarat State Board for H.S. education?
  7. Can I get admission in 11th Science of Gujarat state board if completed 10th CBSE from Private school?
  8. List of the private schools in Gujarat for 10th from UP passed candidate?
  9. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  10. Eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS course in Gujarat?
  11. Can I give the eligibility test after passing 10th from CBSE?
  12. Can I get admission in 11th Gujarat State Board after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  13. Qualifications required for the IIT JEE entrance exam?
  14. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE
  15. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  16. How can I get admission in Gujarat state for degree after passing diploma in Electrical from Maharashtra?
  17. Procedure to give Gujarat common entrance test?
  18. Whether changing the state will not give me advantage of 85% seats reservation in GUJCET 2015?
4th August 2012, 08:29 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give the entrance test of IIT after passing 10th from Gujarat State Board

No you can not give IIT-JEE entrance exam until you complete 12th board. It does not matter from which state board you complete the basic required qualification as long as itis recognised by the government. You need to meet other requirements in order to appear in IIT-JEE entrace exam.

The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is for admission is prestigious Indian Institute of Technology. IIT-JEE is the toughest exam in India to crack. Every year lakhs of students appear in JEE for few hundred seats offered by the IITs.

Eligibility:

You must pass 12th from a recognised board with PCM as the subjects.

Your percentage in 12th should be at least 60 percent.

If belongs to SC/ST then percentage requirement in 12th board is 55 percent.

There is no relaxation for OBC candidates.

Please remember that you will have to provide certificate as proof if belongs to reserve category.

Each candidate can only appear in IIT-JEE exam for two times in consecutive years. What this means is that if you completed 12th in 2010 then you are eligible to appear in IIT-JEE in 2010 and 2011. You won't be able to appear in JEE for 2012.

This rule is universal regardless of caste.

Getting admission in IIT is not a piece of cake. I would recommend you finish your studies first before applying for IIT-JEE exam. Only after completing 12th you would be able to apply for the IIT-JEE exam. It is advised to join coaching center that prepares students for IIT-JEE exam.
4th August 2012, 11:27 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give the entrance test of IIT after passing 10th from Gujarat State Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 10th std of gujarat state education board. can i give an entrance test of iit?

To give the IIT JEE exam you need to be a 12th pass out. Thus you are not eligible to give the exam as of now.

Undoubtedly the IIT's are the topmost prestigious institutions in India and so its only fitting that in order to book a place in one of these IIT's you need to give the toughest entrance exam in India.

This entrance exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology for admission to undergraduate programs at various IIT's in India.

IIT Exam Details:

To sit for this exam you need to pass the final examination of the 10+2 system conducted by any recognized or central or state board.

Even final year students awaiting the result of their board exam can also sit for this exam.

If you belong to the general category or OBC category then you have to secure 60 percent of marks in aggregate at 10+2 level.

For the SC/ST candidates and person with disabilities the percentage secure is 55 percent in aggregate.

You need to have physics, chemistry and mathematics as your compulsory subjects since this exam is only for students from science background.

The upper age limit for this exam is 25 years for the general category. For the SC/ST candidates and person with disabilities there is age relaxation of upto 5 years. However there is no age relaxation for the OBC candidates.

All the candidates have to submit a physical fitness certificate stating that they are completely fit for this exam.

For students opting for mining engineering they have to separately submit one certificate stating that they do not have any color blindness. Even students with one eye defect are not eligible since they wont be able to work underground then.

Please Note: Mining engineering is not for girls.

Exam Pattern:

IIT JEE 2012 consisted of two papers and the duration of each paper was 3 hours. There were separate questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics in each paper. Equal weightage is given to all subjects. Questions are generally objective types to check your reasoning and analytical power.

IIT JEE Cut Off:

Generally the exam takes place in the second week of April. It is conducted in seven zones and to know more about it click on this link: http://jee.iitd.ac.in
6th August 2012, 02:01 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

sorry, to say that but, you can not join IIT direct after completing your 10th.

If you wish to join IIT then you have to complete your intermideat std. 10+2 with science stream.

ELIGIBILITY for IIT:

=> you have to complete your 12th science with minimum 60% from recognise board.
=> apply for IIT-JEE entarnce exam conducted every year and have to crack it.

if you have decided to go for IIT then you can also join IIT coaching center

Referance Books for IIT:

so, first of all complete your 12th science then crack it.

All the best
18th October 2012, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Is this important to appear in iit test in the year i complete my 12 exam.
24th February 2013, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

I AM IN 9 CLASS WHAT I SHOULD DO FROM NOW TO CRACK IIT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?