26th February 2013, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Can I give IAS collector exam after passing 12th from commerce stream?

please inform me whether i can give IAS collector exams if Im 12th pass from Commerce stream????? Please reply as quick as possible............

12th March 2013, 07:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give IAS collector exam after passing 12th from commerce stream?

Yes, you can apply for IAS exam after graduation. Graduates in any subject can apply. UPSC conducts the selection process. Selection is done in two stages, prelims and mains. Subject selected in 12th is not a restriction to apply.
2nd April 2013, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I give IAS collector exam after passing 12th from commerce stream?

How can i get the qualifier status to collector
22nd May 2013, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

I m in 10th standard nd I have commerse with math please inform me wheather I can give IAS exam if I m 12th pass?
22nd May 2013, 01:17 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Hello,

So sorry,you must be graduate to apply for IAS exam.

Minimum qualification required for IAS exam

Age Limit :

General candidates : 21 to 30 years
OBC candidates :21to 33 year
SC/ST Candidates : 21 to 35 years

Number of Attempts

General Candidates : 4 Years
OBC Candidates : 7 years
SC/ST Candidates No Restrictions

Educational Qualification :

The minimum qualification that a candidate is required to be eligible for this exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Exam Pattern:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview

Thank you!!!
22nd May 2013, 03:47 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah the educational qualification for I ndian Administrative Service.

Union Public Service Commissionconducting this exam every year once.

Eligibility details:-

Educational qualification:- Graduation in any discipline or any bachelor's degree.

The graduation must be complete from a recognised university and no need of percentage restrictions.

Final year graduates are also eligible.

Nationality:-

You must an Indian origin.

Age criteria:-

For General category: 21 years to 30 years,

For OBC category: 21years to 33 years,

For SC/ST category: 21 years to 35 years.

Selection steps:-

Civil Services Preliminary exam,

Civil Services Mains examination,

Personal interview.

List of optional subjects:-

More details please visit below website

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
23rd May 2013, 12:03 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to pass Graduation to become eligible for IAS examination. The stream in 12th class don't have any relation with the eligibility criteria for IAS exam.

Those who are Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University can apply for IAS examination means you don't have to worry about your 12th class subjects.

Age Limit :

The age should be between 21 to 30 years if you are a candidate from General category.

Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category is available.

Exam Pattern:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test

So you can take admission into Graduation and start your preparation for IAS examination along with it.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd May 2013, 02:36 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I give IAS collector exam after passing 12th from commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please inform me whether i can give IAS collector exams if Im 12th pass from Commerce stream????? Please reply as quick as possible............

Dear Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

sorry , you are not eligible for Indian Administrative Service exam after passing 12th std. so , complete your graduation degree after you can apply for this exam.....

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline from recognise universities. are eligible for IAS exam and Final year students are also eligible for this exam. no need of percentage marks...

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years..

OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years..

SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years..

No. of Attempts-

4 for the GENERAL candidates,

7 for the OBC candidates,

No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates..

Citizenship of India....

Exam Pattern:

Preliminary Exam.

Main Exam

Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.......
23rd May 2013, 08:40 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Dear,

Yes you are eligible for IAS exam.

To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course because 12Th passed candidates are not eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS exam:

Educational Qualification : You must be a graduate in any stream (Engineering, Medical, Commerce, Arts etc. it doesn't matters). There is no restriction for aggregate.

Age Limits

- For General Candidates
Age Limit - Between 21 - 30 years.
Number of attempts allowed: 4 times

- For OBC Candidates
Age Limit - Between 21 - 33 years (Because there is relaxation of about 3 years)
Number of attempts allowed: 7 times

- For SC/ST Candidates
Age Limit - Between 21 - 35 years (Because there is relaxation of about 5 years)
Number of attempts allowed: No Limit

24th May 2013, 08:09 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am afraid you can not appear for the Civil Services Examination unless you have minimum qualification of graduation degree. Those who have not completed graduation are not eligible for the Civil Services Examination.

Therefore you can't appear after 12th, but certainly after graduation. The stream is irrelevant to appear for Civil Services Examination. You simply need to complete graduation that too in any discipline. This is enough to appear for the exam.

If you have passed 12th, then take admission for the graduation course. After which when you are in final year, start preparation for the Civil Services Examination. Give yourself good 8-10 months to prepare.

You can start preparations by studying 12th standard books from NCERT. There are sample papers to download from internet as well. You should also watch news and read newspapers and magazines to improve knowledge on current affairs around the world.

IAS Eligibility

1. IAS exam is strictly for Indian nationals.

2. Bachelor course completed from any valid degree will be accepted.

3. No criteria for percentage in graduation.

4. Lower age limit is 21 years for IAS.

5. Upper age limit is 30 years.

6. OBC relaxation is 3 years in upper age limit.

7. SC/ST relaxation is 5 years making upper age limit 35 years.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam

Two written tests and your goal is to secure enough marks to appear for the next stage. Your marks in preliminary will not be added to final tally.

2. Main Exam

There are 9 written tests. You should be able do clear them all and that too with good marks since this stage will decide whether you clears the exam or not. Must select 2 optional subjects for 4 written tests.

3. Personal Interview
24th May 2013, 09:30 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for IAS after 12th Commerce as the minimum educational qualification for this id Graduation in any stream.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam after Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate should be an Indian National. He should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or passed in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate like OBC and SC/ST candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th May 2013, 09:35 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..............

No, there is no chance for 12th standard students

because, the minimum educational qualification for IAS is any bachelor of degree in any stream

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years .

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

>> Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

>> Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates

>> There is no restriction for SC/ST candidates

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
10th June 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Can i become IRAS or IRPS in railways after 12 th
15th June 2013, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

i am the student of civil engg. diploma can i attend the ias collector exam. plz reply
1st November 2013, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of XII commerce And BCA can i attend the IAS exam
3rd November 2013, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Can I give IAS collector exam after passing 12th from commerce stream?

Brother impossible u will have to get 21 year age for bec ome IAS after this age u can give ur first entrens exam IAS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?