3rd June 2016, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 again after taking admission in any engineering college this year?

Well actually i have attempted first time the Jee Main in 2016, but failed to qualify. If i took admission in any engineering college in 2016, can i be able to give Jee Main again in 2017?

4th June 2016, 06:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 again after taking admission in any engineering college this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually i have attempted first time the Jee Main in 2016, but failed to qualify. If i took admission in any engineering college in 2016, can i be able to give Jee Main again in 2017?
Yes, you are eligible for JEE Main 2017 exam.

Those who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Final year of 12th standard candidates are also eligible for JEE Main exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years
4th June 2016, 09:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 again after taking admission in any engineering college this year?

Yes, you can appear in JEE Main 2017 examination even after taking admission in engineering college this year. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM stream are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. Since, you have utilised your first attempt by appearing in JEE Main 2016 examination, you have two more chances to appear in JEE Main 2017 and 2018 examinations.
4th June 2016, 10:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE examination in 2017. JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted in two stages as Main and Advance.

The maximum number of attempts to appear for examination is :-

Mains - 3 times ( first attempt while appearing for 10+2 ).

Advance - 2 times.

Candidates can appear for Advance stage only after qualifying in Mains stage.
4th June 2016, 10:38 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main is a National level entrance examination which is conducted for offering admissions in Undergraduate courses at NITs/IIITs. Candidates who have completed Intermediate or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.

You can appear in JEE Main examination maximum of three times in consecutive after completion of your 12th standard. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have already attempted JEE Main examination once and failed then, you can your one of your two attempts to appear in JEE Main 2017 examination.
4th June 2016, 10:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear again if you want to improve your rank for getting a better college. You have just three attempts for JEE Main of which one you have consumed.

Now only two are left and if you want to get admission in any other top college then surely you can appear for it again.
4th June 2016, 11:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for JEE(Main) examination in the concluding year, there is no such problem in it. You can get admission in any good college if you score better in the upcoming year. Therefor, I suggest you to prepare well for your examination in the concluding year and try to score better this time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?