15th December 2011, 05:59 PM
preetdeep

Can I give NET exam after pursuing MSc IT?

hello,
I m presently pursuing Msc-IT 3rd-sem (Final Year)....Can anybody tell me that i m able to give the NET exam conducted on JUNE 2012..for the Computer Science field context.....

16th December 2011, 04:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give NET exam after pursuing MSc IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetdeep View Post
hello,
I m presently pursuing Msc-IT 3rd-sem (Final Year)....Can anybody tell me that i m able to give the NET exam conducted on JUNE 2012..for the Computer Science field context.....
NET : National Eligiblity Test
-------------------------

This examination is Conducted by UGC (University Grant Comission) Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course form a recognised University, Final year Post graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for NET Examination.

This examination conducted by UGC, Twice in a year to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

This examination is held in June and December Every year, For this year June NET Examination completed and December NET Examination will be held on 24/Dec/2011, If you are Pursuing your Final year Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for Next year NET Examination.

The Notification of Next year June NET Examination will be Published in the Month of April 2012, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online, The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through Challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill the online application form of NET.

If you have completed your M.sc degree course in IT, then you are eligible to choose Computer Science subjects in NET Examination. The syllabus and pattern of NET Examination is already availiable in the official website, There are 3 papers in NET Examination and all are conducted in same day in 2 session, First Two paper is Objective and last paper is descriptive.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for NET Examination.

And for More Information check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
16th December 2011, 04:52 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I give NET exam after pursuing MSc IT?

Quote:
hello,

Eligibility For UGC NET

The University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test or commonly known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year in the months of June and December..

A candidate is eligible for appearing in the UGC NET exam if he has completed his post graduation or a final year student in any stream from a recognized University..

The candidate must have an aggregate of 55% in the post graduation for general candidates and 50% for the reserved categories (without rounding off)

In case you are applying for the JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) then you must be less than 28 years of age as seen on the 1st date of the month of the exam..

You will have to clear three papers for clearing the exam..the first one will test your general aptitude and general awareness and the rest of the two will test your subject knowledge..

You can choose your stream as Computer Science and Applications

I have also attached a few past papers of Computer Science so you go through them and i hope they will help you out in your preparations..

Observe the pattern and the level of the questions asked..

For updates on the release of the forms of the UGC NET online keep checking the following website Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
16th December 2011, 05:02 PM
why this kolaveri di

hello friend,
NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
It is the entrance exam for the post of lectures and PHD.
It is conducted by University Grants Commission(UGC).
It is conducted in the month of June and December.

Eligibility Criteria for NET:-

**Educational qualification is Master degree graduation in any stream with 55% marks from any recognized university.
**For Sc/st 50% is only required.
**NO age limit.

prepare well
for further details www.ugcnetonline.in
all the best............
16th December 2011, 05:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello,
After M.SC(IT) , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

UGC NET consists of three papers

1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper.
16th December 2011, 07:07 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for give the net exam.

UGC conducts the net exam every year two time in month of june and december for lecturership and jrf.

Notification will be anounce in month of march for the June exam and for December exam notification come in September.

you can apply by the ONLINE only.

Qualification:- candidate should be post graduate with 55% marks in any
subject from recognised university. Finel year student also can apply for net exam.

Age limit:- for lecturership - no upper age limit
for jrf - maximum 28 year

Syllabus

DOWNLOAD PAPER

more detail:- www.ugc.ac.in
16th December 2011, 09:52 PM
preetdeep

thanks a lot to all members for their responses...........
and plz help me in my preparation for NET exam by post some solved previous years papers as well as suggests some reference books too for the COMPUTER SCIENCE & APPLICATIONS field......
Thanks In Advance.....
21st December 2011, 09:10 AM
mettuguy

National Eligibility Test (NET)

Eligibility Criteria for appearing in NET Examination

a) Qualifications
Candidates belonging to the General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off in Master's Degree (or equivalent) examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination. Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category and Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's degree (or equivalent) examination are eligible to appear in the NET examination.

Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).

Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility, only after they have passed the Master's Degree examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) within one year from the date of UGC_NET examination under consideration.In case, these candidates fail to obtain their P.G. Degree/Mark-sheet within one year from the date of the relevant UGC_NET examination, they will be treated as disqualified.

Only those candidates, who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified degree as given in Item No.18, are eligible to appear for NET examination.

The Candidates should appear in the subject of their Post Graduation. However, the candidates whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects given at item No. 13 below, may appear in the subject related to their Post Graduation subject.

Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate shall not imply that the Commission has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents enclosed with their application. The Commission may call for any document(s) at a later stage to verify the eligibility of the candidates.

b) Exemption from NET (Eligibility for Lectureship)

For M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates: NET shall remain the compulsory requirement for appointment as lecturer even for candidates having Ph.D. degree. However, the candidates who have passed their M.Phil degree by 31st December 1993 or have submitted their Ph.D. thesis to the University in the concerned subject on or before 31st December 2002 are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination. In case such candidates fail to obtain Ph.D. degree, they shall have to pass the NET Examination. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF Examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in the NET Examination.

For SLET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), accredited by the UGC for Lectureship prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination. For SLET examinations scheduled in or after June 2002, the qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer only in the university/colleges belonging to the state from where they have passed the SLET Examination. However, such candidates are also eligible to apply for appearing in the NET.

c) Age Limit and relaxation

There is no upper age limit for candidates appearing only for eligibility for lectureship

Applicants for Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 28 years of age as on the first day of the month in which the NET Examination is to be held. For example, in case of NET to be held on 20.06.2004, a candidate born on 01.06.1976 or later is eligible because his/her age on 01.06.2004 is exactly 28 years or below; but any candidate born on or before 31.05.1976 shall be considered overage.

Age relaxation for JRF: Age relaxation up to 5 years is available to SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped (PH) / Visually Handicapped (VH) / Women candidates. Relaxation, up to a maximum of 5 years, supported by a certificate from appropriate authority, is applicable to the candidates for the period spent on research/training in the related/relevant subject of post graduation. Candidates possessing LLM. Degrees are also permitted for relaxation in age up to a maximum of three (3) years. Total age relaxation on above grounds shall not exceed five (5) years under any circumstances
2nd February 2012, 04:20 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

This examination conducted by UGC, Twice in a year to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship This examination is held in June and December Every year, For this year June NET Examination completed and December NET Examination will be held on 24/Dec/2011, If you are Pursuing your Final year Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for Next year NET Examination.The Notification of Next year June NET Examination will be Published in the Month of April 2012, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online, The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through Challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill the online application form of NET.
13th February 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

what goverment job will i get after clearing net exam taking computer as subject
28th April 2012, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

give me information about JRF. what is JRF? What after JRF?
28th April 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

what is JRF? Why is felloship?
20th September 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

After completing msc microbiology in distance learning how can give net exam for lecturship
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?