29th November 2012, 08:42 PM
ratheesh100

Can I go for custom officer post after doing 2nd year computer science and engineering

Hi,
I am doing my second year computer science and engineeering. I am an OC candidate. Whether can i get into the custom officier post? Is it so what would be my minimum required qualification for OC candidates.

Related Questions:
  1. Exam to be give to become a Customs Officer after T.Y.BSc Computer Science?
  2. What is the eligibility to apply for the post of custom/excise officer?
  3. Custom Officer or Civil Services? Which career option is better for a Software Engineer?
  4. How can I join in custom officer in airport
  5. Procedure to become Custom Officer for Diploma holder in Computer Science & Technology? Job opportunities in Government sector? -- [New]
  6. How can I become a custom officer in Airport?
  7. How to become Airport custom officer being 12th passed with computer science candidate?
  8. Am I eligible for SET exam after completing M.Tech 2nd year in computer science and engineering
  9. JNTU B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering-2nd Year Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. How can I become a custom officer in Airport?
  11. How to get admission in computer engineering after scoring 63.48 in computer science diploma?
  12. What shall I do to become a Custom Officer being a student of 2nd year B.Com course?
  13. How can i join for the post of Airport Custom officer
  14. How may I find a job in custom department after completing B.Com? What is the age criteria for entrance test?
  15. What does it take to become a custom officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I join as Indian Custom Officer in Airport Department pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc course?
  17. How much should I have to score in my Final year of BBA having secured an aggregate of 52% in last two years to be eligible for Customs Officer Job? Can I appear for SSC Exam for Customs Officer in my final year of Graduation?
  18. Which course to pursue and which institute to join for Custom Officer job?
30th November 2012, 09:49 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for custom officer post after doing 2nd year computer science and engineering

This is very nice choice you have taken. This department controls the import and export of goods for check on the entry of illegal goods.
You need to qualify CGLE i.e Combined Graduate level examination conducted by SSC for Central Excise. The exam selection consists of in Two parts i.e Prelims and Mains.

You to qualify the prelims to step into Mains and then followed by Interview. You must follow some eligibility criteria i.e You must pass your bachelor's in any discipline above 55% of marks. You age must be in between 18 to 27 years of age. Upper age limit is 30 for OBC caste and it's 32 for SC/ST/PD.

Being in 2nd year you can't apply for SSC because you need to be in either final year or your status should be pass out. For syllabus click on the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Combined_Graduate_Level.pdf(107.8 KB, 162 views)
24th November 2014, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I go for custom officer post after doing 2nd year computer science and engineering

hii,
i am doing 2nd year instrumentation & control engineering.weather can i got in to a custom officer post?
i am in general catagory.
what is the minimum requirnment to get the post of custom officer in general catagory
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?