10th January 2013, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for M.Tech through GATE exam after completing 3 years of my BSc?

Can i go for m.tech through gate exam after completing 3 yrs. Of my b.sc?

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get a chance to get a seat in M.Tech after completing B.Tech
  2. MTech admission criteria after BSc and MCA
  3. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  4. Should I do directly do M.Tech after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exams I need to write?
  5. GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?
  6. Can I go for M.Tech through GATE after completing 3 years of my BSc?
  7. Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?
  8. Can I go for M.Tech through GATE exam after completing 3 years of my BSc?
  9. How much salary is offered after completing BSc computer science? How much is the salary with M.Tech and without M.Tech?
  10. GATE Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How will I get the application form for this year M.Tech?
  12. can i get admitted in M.E or M.Tech in West Bengal after completing BSc in civil engineering from Bangladesh
  13. How can I get admission in M.tech without qualifying GATE?
  14. What should I do to pursue M.Tech from IIT? I am doing B.E from Rewa MP
  15. Where in Mumbai can I do M.E/M.Tech distance learning course in Computer Engineering?
  16. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  17. Whether GATE covers both M.Tech and M.S. program? Should I have to appear in IELTS for M.S.? -- [New]
  18. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Tech course?
11th January 2013, 07:34 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I go for M.Tech through GATE exam after completing 3 years of my BSc?

Yes, you can apply for gate once you've completed your b.sc because you can apply to gate if you're a graduate from engineering field or science field.
The minimum percentage required for engineering graduates to appear in gate are 50% while for the graduates other than engineering field requires a minimum percentage of 55%. There is no age limit for the graduate aptitude technical entrance(gate) exam, therefore you can give it as many times you want.
Gud luck
11th January 2013, 11:03 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for M.Tech through GATE exam after completing 3 years of my BSc?

You can not do Master of Technology after the bachelor of science course. To do M.Tech you need to have B.Tech degree. Since you have completed Bachelor of Science, that makes you ineligible to appear for M.Tech as for now.

Although you can not take admission into the M.Tech but B.Sc graduates certainly can take admission for the B.Tech course. Just like the diploma holders, B.Sc graduates are also eligible for lateral entry admission.

You can take admission into the second year of B.Tech which is known as the lateral entry scheme. This scheme is also offered to Bachelor of Science graduates. You must have minimum of 50 percent marks in B.Sc for lateral entry admission.

Colleges either conduct their own entrance exam or offer admission directly for the lateral entry students. Most colleges reserve some number of seats for the lateral entry. However this does not include National Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Technology.

After completing B.Tech through lateral entry, you can appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) for admission in M.Tech.

There is another way to seek admission in M.Tech. You can appear for GATE exam after completing Master of Science as well. M.Sc graduates are also eligible to do M.Tech course by appearing for the GATE entrance exam.

Same also goes for the Master of Computer Applications graduates. Those who have completed MCA are also eligible for admission in M.Tech Computer Science. MCA graduates are also required to appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering also known as GATE.
11th January 2013, 12:23 PM
kadiyam pavani
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I go for M.Tech through GATE exam after completing 3 years of my BSc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i go for m.tech through gate exam after completing 3 yrs. Of my b.sc?
Dear Friend,

B.Sc is non- technical education you can't appear directly to M.Tech through GATE. First you complete any Master degree like M.C.A or M.Sc. After that you will go for M.Tech through GATE. So it is the best choice to do M.Tech.
12th January 2013, 01:08 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Sorry to say that you cannot do M.Tech as per as your present qualification.

For doing M.Tech, you must have a B.Tech degree.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
12th January 2013, 03:32 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

No, you cannot go for M.Tech through GATE exam after completing 3 yrs of BSc.

You must have a B.Tech degree for doing M.Tech. you can take admission for the B.Tech course through lateral entry scheme. For lateral entry admission, you must have a minimum of 50% marks in BSc.

Thanks.
21st December 2013, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

can i go for msc biomedical engineering after bsc biotechnology through gate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?