11th January 2012, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Aeronautical Engineering in Tamilnadu after studying diploma in ETC?

I am studying DIPLOMA IN ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING can i join in
AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING in tamil nadu ?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  2. Can I get admission in B.E. in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering after diploma in CSE?
  3. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma with 84%?
  4. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering with 80%? Which entrance exam to appear to join Aeronautical Engineering?
  5. Is Aeronautical Engineering possible after Diploma in Mechatronics?
  6. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering in AP after studying diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  7. How to go for aeronautical engineering? I am studying in diploma mechanical
  8. Any chance is there to join BE in Aeronautical Engineering through Lateral entry? -- [New]
  9. How to join Aeronautical engineering for 2nd year Diploma student of Electrical and Electronics student?
  10. How to join Aeronautical Engineering after diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to do diploma in aeronautical engineering after 10th standard with 95%+ marks?
  12. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?
  13. After diploma in Computer Engineering can I join Aeronautical Engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical Engineering? How to apply for it? Opportunities present after completing aeronautical engineering?
  14. Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Electronics and Communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What can I do after Aeronautical engineering? I am studying diploma in aeronautical engineering
  16. How to join Aeronautical engineering in best colleges in India after studying 12th standard?
  17. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Any chance of Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Automobile engineering?
10th May 2012, 07:31 PM
stlawrence

Default Re: Can I join Aeronautical Engineering in Tamilnadu after studying diploma in ETC?

Aeronautical Engineering is a specialized engineering stream that deals with the designing, manufacturing, testing and maintenance of aircraft in commercial aviation and defense sectors. Unlike Aerospace Engineering, it concentrates on the flying vehicles functioning within the earth's atmosphere and not in space. These flying vehicles include jet airplanes, military aircraft and helicopters. A course in Aeronautical Engineering encompasses the study of advanced level Physics and Mathematics with emphasis on Thermodynamics, Propulsion Systems, Fluid Mechanics, Applied Mathematics and Aero Dynamics. It is in fact a challenging career choice where professionals always need to assure that the aircraft is safe to fly. Aeronautical engineers are, therefore, highly paid professionals who work in teams in the areas of aircraft building, communication techniques, safety and control systems and navigational management. With the Indian Commercial Aviation Industry growing at a rate of 17.6% (according to the Directorate General Civil Aviation) and the Government of India spending Rs. 1.64 Trillion in the defense sector (Union Budget for financial year 2011-12), a career in Aeronautical Engineering offers wide opportunities.

Courses offered in Aeronautical Engineering

Aeronautical engineering programs in India are offered in two ways - as both undergraduate and post graduate level engineering and technology degrees courses and as undergraduate level AMAeSI courses certified by the Aeronautical Society of India, Government of India. The syllabus for both is similar and both these courses are All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved. The major difference between them is that degree course requires an entrance test for admissions and the AMAeSI courses does not require an entrance test. The examinations though are tougher for AMAeSI and maximum number of years given to complete the course is 6 years. For degree courses the undergraduate (U.G.) B.Tech or B.E. degrees are of 4 years duration and P.G. or post graduate degrees are for 2 years. Here are the courses in aeronautical engineering that you can consider pursuing:
10th May 2012, 07:31 PM
rati23dec

Default Re: Can I join Aeronautical Engineering in Tamilnadu after studying diploma in ETC?

Undergraduate Courses
B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering

B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering

AMAeSI

Post Graduate Courses
M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering

M.Tech in Avionics

M.E. in Aeronautical Engineering

M.E. in Avionics

Eligibility criteria for Aeronautical Engineering Courses

The eligibility criteria for Aeronautical Engineering are similar to any engineering course. Students can start preparing for a career in the field just after class 12. You can also study further at post graduate and doctoral levels. The eligibility criteria for each course level are:

Under graduate Level:

•Must be between 17 and 21 years of age
•Must have passed the high school board examination with minimum 50% aggregate marks (depending on college)
•Must have studied Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English in the high school level

Post Graduate Level:

•Must have an undergraduate degree in Aeronautical / Aerospace or related Engineering, or have passed both Sections A and B of AMAeSI
•Must have passed with at least 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination (depending on college)

Doctoral Level:

•Must have completed post graduation in Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering
•Must have a valid GATE score
10th May 2012, 07:33 PM
edr_fdr

Top Institutes offering Aeronautical Engineering

More than 500 institutions in India offer programs in Aeronautical Engineering. The parameters to look for while selecting your college to pursue the course are infrastructure, internship opportunities, number of permanent teaching staff and placement records. The courses also should be approved by AICTE and other governmental organizations. The top 10 Aeronautical Engineering colleges in India are:

Name of Institute Location Courses Offered Entrance Exam
Institute Of Aeronautical Engineering Hyderabad Undergraduate: B.Tech (Aeronautical Engg) U.G.: EAMCET
Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University Manipal Undergraduate: B.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering) U.G.: Manipal University Online Entrance Test
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Hindustan University Chennai Undergraduate: B.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering) Post Graduate: M.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) Doctoral: Aeronautical Engineering U.G.: Entrance test conducted by the university OR AIEEE P.G.: Entrance test conducted by the university
MVJ College of Engineering Bangalore Undergraduate: B.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering) Post Graduate: M.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) U.G.: Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) OR AIEEE P.G.: Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (KPGCET) OR GATE
PEC University of Technology Chandigarh Undergraduate: B.E. (Aeronautical Engg) U.G.: AIEEE
Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University Chennai Undergraduate: Aeronautical Engineering Post Graduate: Aeronautical Engineering, Avionics U.G. and P.G.: Merit based
Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Information Technology (IIAEIT) Pune Undergraduate: Aeronautical Engineering (at par with degree course; examinations conducted by the Aeronautical Society of India) U.G.: Merit based
IIAE (Center for Internationally Recognised Aeronautical/Aerospace/Aircraft Engineering) Dehradun Undergraduate: B.S. (Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering), B.Eng (Hons) in Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering U.G.: Merit based
Indian Academy of Aeronautical Technology Lucknow Undergraduate: Aeronautical Engineering (at par with degree course; examinations conducted by the Aeronautical Society of India) U.G.: Merit based
Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering Bangalore Undergraduate: Aeronautical Engineering (at par with degree course; examinations conducted by the Aeronautical Society of India) U.G.: First Come First Serve

Entrance Exams for Aeronautical Engineering

As already mentioned, pursuing a degree program in Aeronautical Engineering will require you to take an entrance test that is accepted by the college you wish to study in. Popular Aeronautical Engineering entrance exams include:

Exam Level
Name of Exam
Conducting body
Last Month for Applications
Exam Month

Undergraduate level
EAMCET (Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test)
JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University), Hyderabad on behalf of the APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education)
March
May

MU-OET
Manipal University
March
April - May

AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination)
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
November
April (offline) and May (online)

KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
Karnataka Examination Authority
March or April
April or May

Post Graduate level
KPGCET (Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test)
Karnataka Examination Authority
July
Examination

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering)
GATE Committee (comprising professors of IIT and IISc)
September
January - February

How to prepare for Aeronautical Engineering Entrance Exams

Undergraduate Entrance Exam:

The entrance exams to study Aeronautical Engineering in India usually comprise objective type questions of 12th standard level Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. You will need to start preparations for your undergraduate engineering entrance exam as early as possible. You can also join a coaching center to get some help. Brilliant Tutorials, FIIT-JEE, Bansal Institute and Resonance are the top engineering coaching centers in India. There are several books that you can refer to for your preparation, including:

•The Pearson Complete Guide for the AIEEE 2012 (All India Engineering Entrance Examinations) by Dinesh Khattar, Ravi Raj Dudeja, K. K. Arora
•Objective Mathematics for Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
•CBSE All India Engineering Entrance Exam Mathematics by Dr. N.K. Singh
•Objective Physics: For Medical & Engineering Entrance Exam by Mahesh Jain
•Physics for AIEEE 2012 by B. M. Sharma
•Complete Chemistry For All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) by Tata McGraw Hill Publications
•Chemistry for AIEEE based on the New Pattern OF All India Engineering Entrance Exam by Cengage Learning

Post Graduate Entrance Exam:

A post graduate level study of Aeronautical Engineering will require an entrance exam score to enter into the program in the college. The exam tests your graduate level knowledge of Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering. Self study is the best way to prepare for these entrances. Solving test papers will increase your confidence. You can also enroll into a coaching institute like GATE Academy, GATE Forum and Elite Academy to get some preparation help. Books that you can refer to are:

•GATE Aerospace Engineering Solved and Mock Papers by Anshul Khandelwal, Sidhartha, Jagmohan Meena, Durgesh Chandel
•Solved & Mock Papers for GATE Aerospace by Arihant Publications
26th June 2012, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

i am studying diploma in mechatronics engg,can i join aeronautical engg in B.E ?
26th June 2012, 10:10 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Aeronautical Engineering:-

You can apply for aeronautical engineering if you have 50% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics taken together.
If you are a diploma holder in mechanical or aeronautical engineering, then also you can apply for this course.

The duration of this course is 4 years.

You can give the following exams to study this subject:-
AIEEE
CEE
SET
IIA
IISAT

Following are the top aeronautical engineering colleges in India:-

Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
IIT, Chennai
IIT, Kharagpur
Manipal University
IIT, Bombay
Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
Academy of Aerospace & Aviation, Indore
Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
10th April 2013, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for aeronautics from school level?
15th October 2013, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i have completed diploma in ECE. Can i join for Aeronautical eng?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?