2nd August 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I join CID or CBI after studying B.A(Eng Hons)

I AM PRASHANTA, READING BA[Eng Hons] 1st yrs can i join CID or CBI how ?

3rd August 2012, 08:37 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join CID or CBI after studying B.A(Eng Hons)

You can become a CID officer after competing the graduation course. Crime Investigation Department (CID) along with ATS is the most important department of the state police. The technical expertise of CID makes it more ideal to handle more complicated cases.

Today each state whether its Karnataka, Gujarat, Punjab, Delhi or Himachal has its own CID team. Major cities in India also have their own CID team to tackle cases that require more technical expertise which ordinary police force do not have.

This is why CID is given some very complicated cases related to robbery, murder and sometimes even terrorism related however this has become rare due to ATS and now the formation of NIA which mostly handles such cases. CID is often referred as Crime Branch and it could even tackle cases related to hacking.

To become a CID officer you need to appear in UPSC Indian Civil Service Exam. There are three levels to get selected in the Civil Service Examination:

~~ Preliminary Exam
~~ Main Examination
~~ Interview

Make sure you meet all the eligibility to appear for the Civil Service Examination. Here are the required eligibility for Civil Service Examination:-

Nationality:-

Only Indians are allowed to appear for UPSC Indian Civil Service Exam.

Your age should be between 21 to 25 years.

For reserve categories like SC/OBC/ST the requirement is relaxed up to 30 years as per the rules of government of India.

Education Criteria:

For a officer level post in CID, candidate is required to have graduation degree in any stream.

He/She also need to secure at least 60 percent marks in the graduation course.

For candidates who are applying for constable in CID, the required educational criteria is 12th pass from a recognised board.
3rd August 2012, 03:16 PM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

To become a CID officer you need to appear in UPSC Indian Civil Service Exam. There are three levels in the Civil Service Examination:

1. IPS Cadre

2. State Public Service Commission

3. District Police Headquarters

Make sure you meet all the eligibility to appear for the Civil Service Examination. Here are the required eligibility for Civil Service Examination:-

Nationality:-

Only Indians are allowed to appear for UPSC Indian Civil Service Exam.

Your age should be between 21 to 25 years.

For reserve categories like SC/OBC/ST the requirement is relaxed up to 30 years as per the rules of government of India.

Education Criteria:

For a officer level post in CID, candidate is required to have graduation degree in any stream.

He/She also need to secure at least 60 percent marks in the graduation course.

For candidates who are applying for constable in CID, the required educational criteria is 12th pass from a recognised board.

ALL THE BEST FOR BRIGHT FUTURE.
7th August 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir:-
I Am Subrata Ghosh
How I Can Join The CID, CBI Dipartment, Whith type Qualifecation
For Join Tiis Dipartment?

Please Help Me.
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?