27th January 2018, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army as a Doctor with minus power in both the eyes?

I have a power of -4.5 in my left eye and -2.5 in my right eye. Can I join the Indian Army as a Doctor? Please help me with my query.

31st January 2018, 10:55 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army as a Doctor with minus power in both the eyes?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army as a doctor as you have minus power in both eyes. Below is the eligibility criteria to join Indian Army as Doctor.
>>Candidates should be Indian.
> Candidates should have completed MBBS Degree (House Surgeons can apply provided they complete their internship in time).
>>Candidates should have 6/6 vision in both eyes.
>>Candidates should not have any physical disabilities.
>>Female candidates should not be pregnant while enrollment.
31st January 2018, 08:00 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army as a Doctor with minus power in both the eyes?

Yes, you are eligible to join as doctor in any military forces as far as your vision is 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other with spectacles. However, you can visit opthomalogist for your LASIK eye surgery for a better vision.

You cannot apply for above said posts if you’re suffering from colour vision defect.

Apart from this you have to be medically fit in all other aspects without suffering from any major disease.
21st December 2020, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

can i join Indian Army as a doctor if i have eye power of -3 in one eye and -3.25 in other
22nd May 2021, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Can i join army as doctor after lasik surgery
18th July 2021, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Can i became a commando if i have eye hass -7 power
17th August 2021, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian army as docor if i have -2.00 sight in one eye and other eye is normal
30th April 2022, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Can i join nda if i have the eye power of -1.50
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?