11th May 2011, 12:14 AM
arunmitra

Procedure to join Indian Army as a doctor afte completing MBBS? Can i do PG while serving in Army?

My son has done MBBS and wants to join Indian Army as a doctor. What should he do and how and when he should apply. What are the prospectus of his doing post graduation during his service in the army.

15th May 2011, 06:28 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army as a doctor afte completing MBBS? Can i do PG while serving in Army?

Hello,
Armed forces recruits for MBBS qualified doctors, via AFMS (armed forces medical services). Its not an regular basis exam, candidates are selected on interview before selection committe of army.
Its completely depends on army norms and regulations that after joining indian army as a doctor, you will have chance to persue PG or not. For more information you can visit-www.indianarmy.nic.in
18th May 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army as a doctor afte completing MBBS? Can i do PG while serving in Army?

my daughter is doing MBBS and wants to join Indian Army as a doctor. What are the procedures ?
20th June 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Iwant know what i need to do to get into army as adoctor after 2.
1st July 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
Myself kuldeep, i have been called for interview for ssc in the army medical corps:batch mar 2011
kindly give details about medical examination. Thanking you
17th July 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, Can some one help me for the confusion

Can a permanent Commissioned doctor in indian army serving as captain appear for PG entrance examination for AIIMS PG and All-india PG. And if qualified for suppose all india PG can he get admission for PG ?
4th August 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

I am completing my internship after MBBS in march 2012. I want to join army medical corps after that. When is the date for submission of form for the same?
25th August 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

how to join as an army doctor after completing mbbs from other college than afmc ? what are the procedures ? any entrance exams? if there how to apply? how to prepare for the exams?
13th September 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

what are the physical elligebility requirmwnts to join as a doctar??
22nd September 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Resp.sir I am dharmraj. I just completed m.b.b.s. And i want information about vacancy avilabale after m.b.b.s. Post in army
5th October 2011, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum age to join army medical officer (MBBS)?
27th November 2011, 12:02 PM
Yasir yousf

Dear indian army takes doctors from armed force medical college .so u cant become army doctor
16th December 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

how can i be a army doctor after my mbbs done in 2013
3rd January 2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

i have completed final year mbbs.i want to work in defence.how can i get through?
5th February 2013, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Going to complete my diploma in orthopaedic sin 2013 April , how can I enter in to AFMS
11th May 2013, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

what are the eligibility conditions for joining as medical officers in army like age, domicile,etc?
29th November 2013, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i completed my mbbs in china before 1 year now im working as a resident doctor in andhra pradesh ,i want to join in army doctor can you help me how to join
5th May 2014, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

I want to become army doctor so I want to know the qualifications required for it.
1st September 2015, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir. I have completed my mbbs and intrnship in march 2015from mci permitted medical college.i got my provisional registeration nd degree but our permanent registration has not been done as our college is still mci permitted not recognised.so can i join army next year with provisional registration or not.kindly inform me pls.
21st September 2015, 10:20 AM
sai5733

Eligibility Criteria of Indian Army as a Doctor :--------------

> Indian National

> MBBS Degree (House Surgeons can apply provided they complete their Internship in time)

> Normal Vision / Corrected vision of 6/6

> No Psychical disabilities

> Prescribed Height and Weight

> Chest Expansion min 05 cms

> Female candidates should not be pregnant while enrollment

For more details you can see the below attachment
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?