21st September 2015, 11:37 AM
@vi kumar

Can I join Indian Army if I am 18 years old and have scored 48.8%

Sir i m 18 years old and my 12 marks is 48.8% can i join indian army?

21st September 2015, 02:24 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army if I am 18 years old and have scored 48.8%

With age 18 years and percentage of marks in 10+2 as 48.8 %, you can apply for the National Defense Academy exams to join Indian Army.

Only male candidates who are unmarried are eligible to apply for the exam. It conists of written test and Service Selection board.
21st September 2015, 04:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by @vi kumar View Post
Sir i m 18 years old and my 12 marks is 48.8% can i join indian army?
You have completed 12th standard and your age is 18 years old so you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
21st September 2015, 06:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can join Indian Army after passing 12th and at an age of 18 years .

You have to appear for NDA exam conducted by UPSC in order to join Indian Army. UPSC conducts this exam twice a year with the name NDA I and NDA II .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19 years.

Marital Status : only unmarried male candidate .

Edu. qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.
21st September 2015, 06:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Army after the 10+2. To get the recruitment you have to qualify in the NDA examination.

NDA stands for the National Defence Academy and the examination for it is conducted by the UPSC. The required qualification to appear for the NDA examination is candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board. Candidates age must be between the 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible.

The examination is conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB. Candidates after qualifying in the written are eligible for the SSB. The application form for the next NDA examination will be available in the January. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
21st September 2015, 07:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can join Indian Army having passed your higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th with 48.8% aggregate but for the same you will need to clear the NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is an academy meant for providing necessary education and training to those who have clear the NDA examination and wishes to an officer in Indian Defense.

The same examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission and is organised in two stages which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> The qualifications required for the appearing in the same examination are as given below :-

* You must be an Indian unmarried male candidate.

* Your age must lie in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same with any stream of your choice from a recognized board of education. Percentage aggregate does not matters if you have passed.

* You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

--> Apart from Indian Army, NDA has two other wings also namely Indian Navy and Indian Air force. You can also join these through the NDA examination but for these wings your stream of academics must be Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects.

For further information regarding the syllabus, question pattern and notifications about the next NDA examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
21st September 2015, 08:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can join in Indian Army being a 18 years old candidate. To join in Indian Army, you must have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
21st September 2015, 11:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Army through the National Defense Academy entrance examination. NDA/NA entrance exam for different wings of defense is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

Eligibility criteria for the NDA/NA exam:

>>10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board. For Navy and Airforce, you should have studied Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.

>>Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years for candidates of every category.

>>Only unmarried male Indian citizen can apply for the exam.

So, you can apply for NDA exam for joining army at the age of 18 years with 48.8% in 10+2. For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?