4th December 2011, 07:49 AM
supritha

Can I just attend for Campus Placements for experience in my 7th semester of Engineering having interest to pursue higher studies? What will happen if I get selected will not join?

Hi,
I'm a 3rd yr E&C engineering student planning to take up GATE in 2013 soon after completing my engineering. But as we have campus recruitment in my 7th sem, though i want to pursue my higher studies can i attend it just to get some experience?? What if i get selected and wont join? will that be a negative remark ? What i fear is, even after quitting my job, may be my gate score doesn't satisfy me and i decide to take it up the successive year,then wont that be a loss for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be eligible to attend the campus interviews of Wipro, Accenture and Infosys after scoring 65% marks till 6th semester?
  2. Eligibility to attend Accenture On-Campus Interview with a backlog for B.Tech 7th semester candidate?
  3. What chances are there for me to get selected in Off-Campus Interviews being a candidate of pursuing 7th semester of ECE with 4 backlogs?
  4. Eligibility to attend Syntel Off-Campus Drive for a B.Tech(EEE) final semester candidate who has secured 82% till 7th semester?
  5. Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?
  6. Should I go to work or study further after my BCA? -- [New]
  7. How to get selected in campus placements after scoring 82% aggregate in 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility to attend Infosys On-Campus Drive for B.Tech 7th semester students?
  9. Eligibility criteria for Microsoft Off-Campus interview?
  10. How to pursue higher studies in overseas after doing B.E Industrial Engineering
  11. Am I eligible to attend open campus placements after completion of B.E 5th semester?
  12. Eligibility to attend Infosys On-Campus Drive for a candidate who has secured 88% in 10th, 71% in 12th and 63.9% till 7th semester of B.Tech?
  13. Am I eligible for TCS campus placements after failing in 6th semester?
  14. Am I eligible for campus placements with 80% in 10th,12th and 70% in B.E?
  15. Is it better to study abroad instead of working in Infosys?
  16. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  17. Can I be eligible to attend for Accenture after passing final year B.E
  18. What all exams can I try after my B.E?
4th December 2011, 10:27 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I just attend for Campus Placements for experience in my 7th semester of Engineering having interest to pursue higher studies? What will happen if I get selected will not join?

Though you are having high interest to pursue higher studies, you can opt for the same by having good preparation to the GATE Exam.

GATE stadns for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).

No need to wait for your completion of Engineering in order to appear for this exam. You can appear for this exam in the final year of Engineering course.

GATE score is valid for 2 years. So, if you have got good GATE score card by appearing in for this exam in the 3rd year of your Engineering, you can use that GATE score card to get admission for M.Tech soon after the completion of your Engineering.

If you want to appear for Interviews or campus placements just for the sake of experiene, you can appear for the same.

But don't neglect your preparation for GATE Exam. Becaue the much better score you secure in GATE Exam, the much better college you are going to get admission for M.Tech course.

However, from my point, it will be better to join in job opportunities if you are selected in good job oppportunites rather than going to pursue M.Tech course.

By the time you finish your M.Tech course, you are going to get 2 years of industry experience which will enhance your career opportunities later.

For complete information on GATE Exam, you can visit,
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
4th December 2011, 02:06 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I just attend for Campus Placements for experience in my 7th semester of Engineering having interest to pursue higher studies? What will happen if I get selected will not join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supritha View Post
Hi,
I'm a 3rd yr E&C engineering student planning to take up GATE in 2013 soon after completing my engineering. But as we have campus recruitment in my 7th sem, though i want to pursue my higher studies can i attend it just to get some experience?? What if i get selected and wont join? will that be a negative remark ? What i fear is, even after quitting my job, may be my gate score doesn't satisfy me and i decide to take it up the successive year,then wont that be a loss for me?

Campus Placement or GATE

Well, i do have a simple solution for you..which will get you out of the dilemma..

When you appear for the campus placement..just let the company know that you are a GATE aspirant..

There are many companies which allow the candidates for the GATE preparations and take them back to job after that..

They even provide paid leave for the candidates but the candidates are required to join back in the same company..

In this way..even if you are not able to perform well according to your capabilities..you still have the job in your hand and you are free to try out for GATE in the next attempt as there is no age limit or no restriction on number of attempts for appearing for GATE..

Hope this relieves you of a big load..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
8th December 2011, 05:45 PM
tuntunia

Default Re: Can I just attend for Campus Placements for experience in my 7th semester of Engineering having interest to pursue higher studies? What will happen if I get selected will not join?

Though you are having high interest to pursue higher studies, you can opt for the same by having good preparation to the GATE Exam.

GATE stadns for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).

No need to wait for your completion of Engineering in order to appear for this exam. You can appear for this exam in the final year of Engineering course.

GATE score is valid for 2 years. So, if you have got good GATE score card by appearing in for this exam in the 3rd year of your Engineering, you can use that GATE score card to get admission for M.Tech soon after the completion of your Engineering.

If you want to appear for Interviews or campus placements just for the sake of experiene, you can appear for the same.

But don't neglect your preparation for GATE Exam. Becaue the much better score you secure in GATE Exam, the much better college you are going to get admission for M.Tech course.

However, from my point, it will be better to join in job opportunities if you are selected in good job oppportunites rather than going to pursue M.Tech course.

By the time you finish your M.Tech course, you are going to get 2 years of industry experience which will enhance your career opportunities later.

For complete information on GATE Exam, you can visit,
15th February 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

HELLO sir ,
my name's rahul prasad
ive got 72% in 10th ,51% in 12th(2nd p.u) and average of 86% in B.E 6TH SEM, have i got any chance of getting seected into very good companies such as infosys,wipro,IBM,oracle or other such
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?