26th September 2015, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I prepare for Civil services exam if am doing bachelor of fishery sciences course?

Can I prepare for Civil services exam if am doing bachelor of fishery sciences course? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer soon as possible. Thanks a lot for taking the time to listen!

26th September 2015, 06:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for Civil services exam if am doing bachelor of fishery sciences course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I prepare for Civil services exam if am doing bachelor of fishery sciences course? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer soon as possible. Thanks a lot for taking the time to listen!
You are doing bachelor of fishery sciences course so you can prepare for Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. Final year of degree course candidates are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

26th September 2015, 09:30 PM
ant man

Smile Re: Can I prepare for Civil services exam if am doing bachelor of fishery sciences course?

Yes you are eligible for writing civil service exam. So you can start preparing for civil services exam.

IAS and IPS will come under civil service exams. Both are conducted by UPSC and the eligibility and regulations are same for both the exams.

Eligibility for civil services exam :

Nationality :
1. A candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. A subject of Nepal, Bhutan or refugee of Tibet etc

Qualification :
1. A candidate must complete bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
2. There is no restriction of the stream in the degree.

Age limit :
1. A candidate must complete 21 years of age.
2. The maximum age limit is 32 years.
3. SC/ST candidates are given 5 years age relaxation.
4. OBC candidates are given 3 years age relaxation.
5. Physically disabled candidates are given 10 years age relaxation.
5. Ex-servicemen are given 5 years age relaxation.

No. of attempts to give for the civil services exam :
1. General can write the exam upto 6 times.
2. OBC candidates can write the exam only up 9 times.
3. There is no such limit for SC/ST candidates .

To know more details click>>www.upsc.gov.in
>>CSP_2015_eng.pdf

26th September 2015, 11:15 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I prepare for Civil services exam if am doing bachelor of fishery sciences course?

If you want to prepare for the civil service exam you can prepare yourself for the U.P.S.C. service that conducts the exam of I.A.S. and where you got appointed in various departments as in Indian administrative department, Indian Police department, Indian Forest department, Indian Railway department.

I.A.S. is the exam that is conducted on the base of the Graduation for preparation of it you have to choose a subject as your main subject in that you have to prepare yourself well as that subject will very helpful to you in Main exam after qualifying the Preliminary exam.

>> You have to regularly read the magazines that are related to Civil service exam and there articles that are posted for you like (Pratiyogita darpan) and Success Mirror.You should solve the last ten years question papers of the I.A.S. exam and check that what is the matter changing every year and what can be your strength in the exam according to your interest.

>> Regularly read the best magazines as- Career 360, Rojgar samachar,Upkar publication and UPSC books corner.

Age criteria-

** Candidate to be 21-30 years age group and the relaxation is given as per the government rules.

Selection procedure is-

>> Preliminary exam

>> Mains exam

>> Personal interview

You can also join any institute for its preparation-

>> Chanakya institute, New Delhi

>> Chanakya Institute, Chandigarh

>> IAS study circle, Chandigarh

>> Centre for civil services, Secundrabad

>> Brain tree india, hyderabad

>> Brilliant tutorials, Chennai

>> Alsias IAS academy, Delhi

>> A.L.S. Institute, New Delhi

27th September 2015, 12:29 AM
JSD.

Yes of course you can prepare for the Civil Service examination. This examination is conducted by the Upsc every year for the posts like IAS/IRS/IFS/IPS etc.This exam completes in the following three stages:-

1. Preliminary.
2. Mains.
3. Interview.

The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is, to have a bachelor degree course in any stream from a recognised university with good percentile.

Also the age of appearing aspirant must be lie in between 21 years to 32 years for the general category. For the SC/ST category It should be lie in between 21 years to 37 years and for the Obc category aspirants the age must be in between 21 years to 35 years.

The final year's aspirants of the Bachelor degree are also eligible for this exam.As you are telling that you are completing the BSc course in fishery science then you can appear in this exam during your final year or after completing it.You can start preparation for it .

27th September 2015, 01:00 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

The required qualifications to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university and age between the 21-32 years. So you can appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted in thee stages and the candidates have to qualify in all these stages for the final selection and candidates are eligible to select the optional paper other than the graduation paper also.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.

27th September 2015, 06:30 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

As you are doing Bachelor course in Fishery Sciences, so you are eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam only if you are in Final year of your graduation or if you had completed it.

If you are either in first year or second year of your Bachelor course, then you are not eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam.

Civil Services Exam are conducted by UPSC every year for IAS, IFS, IRS, IPS aspirants.

This year, Civil Services Preliminary Exam was conducted on 23 August, 2015 and now upcoming Main Exam will be conducted on 18 December, 2015.

For appearing in this exam, you must meet following requirements like:

Age Criteria:
  • For General: 21 to 30 years
  • For OBC: 21 to 33 years
  • For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:
  • For General: 3
  • For OBC: 7
  • For SC/ST: No Restriction

Some of the descent books for Civil Services Exam preparation are:

Indian Economy for Civil Services Examination (English) 6th Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 378

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination Paper - 1 (2014) (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 1,250

CSAT 2015 (Paper II) Volume - 1 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 459

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?