23rd November 2016, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Sc maths on the basis of B.Sc CS?

I have done MA post graduation after B.Sc CS. Now I want to do my masters in maths. Can I do my M.Sc maths? Please reply soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after passing BSc Maths? Which is the best university in India?
  2. How can I do MSc Maths from Government College after getting disqualified from MSc Maths entrance exam?
  3. Passing marks in MA(English) from Punjab university? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to do MSc statistics after pursuing BSc degree in Maths and Statistics
  5. Is MSc Maths a good option after BSc Computer Science with 2 years of gap? How to prepare for the exam? Best colleges in Hyderabad to do MSc Maths? Career opportunities after doing MSc Maths except teaching?
  6. M.Sc in Astrophysics or Physics is possible to do after B.Sc in Maths and Economics? Is it possible to present my several Pro Certificates in lieu of a proper Astrophysics or Physics course if I am not eligible?
  7. What to do after BSc(Physics, Chemistry and Maths)?
  8. How to prepare for NET exam for student of M.Sc(Mathematics)?
  9. Doing MSc Chemistry without doing bridge course of BSc Chemistry? Can I do MSc Chemistry in 1 year sitting?
  10. Any entrance exam for BSc maths and BSc Statistics? Eligibility criteria for BSc Maths and BSc Statistics?
  11. How to get job on the basis of my graduation in maths? -- [New]
  12. List of best colleges abroad (UK/Australia) which permits M.Sc (maths) after B.Tech in MG University?
  13. What are the courses which we can do after completion of B.Sc course?
  14. What to do after BSc Maths graduation between MCA, MSc and M.Tech in Maths?
  15. List of colleges in which we can do M.Sc course via distance mode after completion of B.Sc in Maths?
  16. BITS Pilani takes admission in its M.Sc program after 12th only or after doing B.Sc?
  17. Which are better courses or best option after M.Sc in Maths to be a part of ISRO?
  18. Names of the colleges for doing MSc in Maths?
23rd November 2016, 09:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc maths on the basis of B.Sc CS?

Eligibility for MSc in Mathematics:

Candidates should have a pass BSc mathematics or BSc Computer Applications degree or any other degree of other University shall be eligible for PG admission.

BSc degree with a minimum aggregate of 60% is desirable but the marks of admission for the course may vary from University to University.

Moreover you have to appear in the entrance exam to pursue course from government university.
23rd November 2016, 11:16 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do M.Sc in Mathematics after the completion of B.Sc in CS if you have studied Mathematics as a subject in your Graduation.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation studying Mathematics as a subject from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to do M.Sc in Mathematics.
15th May 2019, 05:06 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Yes, you can go for M.Sc. (Computer Science) after your bachelors in physics. It will be of 2 years. Eligibility for M.Sc. (Computer Science) in most of the top universities is pass with 50% aggregate marks in Bachelors degree.

Main aim of the degree is to strengthen and brewing the innovative power of doing by yourself approach. It is designed for learners intend to construct strong basic understanding in the field of Computer Science.

I can enlist some university for your help - Lovely Professional University, Manav Rachna University, Sharda University etc. They provide worthy scholarships to its students depending upon the entrance test taken of the university or board result. These universities also offer various skill development programs, professional enhancement training and outstanding exposure to its students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?