5th June 2010, 10:58 PM
dhavalsmnt

Can i pursue cinematography from FTII simultaneously while doing B.com?

Hi. Am currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in commerce from the university of mumbai. Due to some reasons i had to take a drop for a year. I want to pursue cinematography from FTII and give the exams this year. Can i pursue the course simultaneously while doing B.com? I checked out the FTII admission form online. Minimum qualification was HSC. Please guide me as am very eager to purse the course and also because the last date for submission of form is 25th of june.
THanku!!

11th June 2010, 06:55 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i pursue cinematography from FTII simultaneously while doing B.com?

I am so sorry friend but, you can not pursue the post graduate diploma in cinematography unless you qualify your bachelors programm.
PG diploma in animation and computer graphics is the only programme offered by FTII, which does not require bachelors degree.
So, do complete your B.Com to be eligible for the PG Diploma in cinematography.
11th June 2010, 12:23 PM
jicks

Default Re: Can i pursue cinematography from FTII simultaneously while doing B.com?

Hello Dear,

It's nice you have a high ambition of becoming a cinematographer and enroll yourself at FTII.

Firstly, FTII,Pune gives admisssion in Cinematorgraphy to candidates who have completed a minimum Bachelor's Degree.

Most of the branches at FTII require Degree certificate as eligibility.

You can apply for Animation and Computer Graphics course which is a certificate course for one and half years, for which +2 is the qualification needed. Total No. of seats available is:14.

Instead, what I would suggest, is better continue your Degree and try to complete it , and then you can go for FTII in cinematography.

Even otherwise, you can always pursue the course if you are doing B.Com by distance education.

Best of Luck......
11th June 2010, 04:39 PM
swati123

I think you are mistaken because the FTII website clearly mentions that Cinematography is a PG Diploma course (of three years) that can be pursued only by those who have Bachelor Degrees.

But since you are talking of the form, I'd advice you to contact FTII directly to clear your doubts. You can contact authorities at the following nos.:
Phone: 020-25425656 (Direct line), 25431817 / Ext. 223
Fax: +91 20 25430416 / 3441
11th June 2010, 05:48 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhavalsmnt View Post
Hi. Am currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in commerce from the university of mumbai. Due to some reasons i had to take a drop for a year. I want to pursue cinematography from FTII and give the exams this year. Can i pursue the course simultaneously while doing B.com? I checked out the FTII admission form online. Minimum qualification was HSC. Please guide me as am very eager to purse the course and also because the last date for submission of form is 25th of june.
THanku!!
Hi
Why not dear if you seen that the mininmum qualification was HSC than just go for this course because there is no boundation for education.
If you have capability to do both courses then do that.
Good luck
11th June 2010, 06:23 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

you are eligible for it but here eligibility is not a factor
however it is a 3 year course i dont think if it is available as distance learning.you should be able to give time to both of them
of course choice is yours.
i suggest you to go through the syllabus so that you can make out whether you are comfortable with doing both of them simultaneously.
11th June 2010, 06:59 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend ,

definitely!!!

but you need to be do is to just apply since its admission is on the hsc basis .

so you can definitely take admission to it .

you can also visit http://www.ftiindia.org

feel free to post as many doubts as possible,we are here to solve your doubts as much as possible

cheers
11th June 2010, 08:45 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Though there isn't any restrictions as such, but it is quite difficult to do both the courses simultaneously as both are regular courses.

So, everything depends on you, if you really think you can do the both, just go for it.

Don't forget to contact the officials of FTII prior to any decision.

Best of luck
11th June 2010, 10:14 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It seems that you have good interest in cinematography and so you should go for it. For diploma course, you only need 10+2 course, so if you think you can manage Bcom and diploma in cinematography together, then you are welcome to do it.
14th June 2010, 08:56 AM
raghav*

Yes you can do the both, but your ability is the thing that matters.
If you think you you will be able to take the stress of both the courses, then do the both.
10th July 2010, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Hello
i want to join cinematography course in CRAFT can anyone help me for interview
Thanks in advance
11th July 2010, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Can b.tech student pursue cinematography from FTII?
11th July 2010, 12:37 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

FTII,Pune gives admisssion in Cinematorgraphy to candidates who have completed a minimum Bachelor's Degree.Most of the branches at FTII require Degree certificate as eligibility.You can apply for Animation and Computer Graphics course which is a certificate course for one and half years
9th August 2010, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

can i pursue cinematography from FTII while completed three year mechanical engineering diploma from B.T.E U.P.
14th August 2010, 02:29 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

Yes definitely you can do the cinematography course simultaneously with your present course.

FTII is a premier institute for fine arts and cinematographic courses.

The eligibility to join in the cinematography course is to pass the 10(+2) from any recognized board..

So just go for it..

All the best!
19th September 2010, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

if anyone completed graduation under IGNOU,will eligible for ftii entrance exam
9th October 2010, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am a 1 st year regular student in govt polytechnic college as a diploma course time is 5:30pm to 8:30pm ... But i can pursue a 3 year LLB courses in regular as same time? LLB time is 9:30am to 3:30pm please give advice:-)
1st November 2010, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

hello sir... i am pursuing my B.B.A dgree from rajashthan university,this is my 2nd year .i want to ask to u that ..after B.B.A
am i eligible for film direction course in ftii.....by request please do fast for me sir.......i am very thank full to u for this act.....mandeep yaduwanshi........
2nd November 2010, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am a 1 student,what are the eligibilities needed for cinematography course,plz reply
20th January 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i pursue cinematography from FTII simultaneously while doing BCA(TYBCA)
28th May 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

sir, i completed my b.tech degree in electrical engineering. am very much interested in doing pg in direction. am i eligible for ftii entrance exam?
31st July 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Please let me know which FTII cources can be done after 12th commerce and after 12th science..?
also let me know the FTII cources which can be done after B.Com and B.Sc??
thank u!
30th December 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.tech mechanical engineering and wanna pursue cinematography.... i have always been interested n movies script writing and movies only...what are my chances...m 25 nw...help me out...m goin through a bad stage n my life n choosing between careers ..... i been working for a while but i dont know what am doing there...am not happy and wana do something creative,i dont have ny film baground to support me....jus temme ur views.
30th December 2011, 07:27 PM
vishnu456123

i completed my b.tech mechanical engineering and would like to pursue cinematography,this has been a long cherished dream of mine...at present am 25 and working...but am not happy...i was interested in movies and script writing...i don have any film bag-rounds to support me...haha my parents would b scared and angry if they sees this...i wana do sum thing creative...its been movies movies and movies only...i value kubrick,cristopher nolan ,cameron,Francis ford cappolo,bala, more than Einstein or Edison.... and always looked upon on robert deneiro,al pacino,Morgan freeman,kamal hassan,Leonardo ,(wow the list s endless)...so jus answer to my crap...hehe..i could go on like dis n bore u... mayb am jus a frustrated youth...
9th January 2012, 06:56 PM
dafilmschool

Location: Plot No C-3, Street No-11, MIDC,, Mumbai (Bombay), India 400093

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu456123 View Post
i completed my b.tech mechanical engineering and would like to pursue cinematography,this has been a long cherished dream of mine...at present am 25 and working...but am not happy...i was interested in movies and script writing...i don have any film bag-rounds to support me...haha my parents would b scared and angry if they sees this...i wana do sum thing creative...its been movies movies and movies only...i value kubrick,cristopher nolan ,cameron,Francis ford cappolo,bala, more than Einstein or Edison.... and always looked upon on robert deneiro,al pacino,Morgan freeman,kamal hassan,Leonardo ,(wow the list s endless)...so jus answer to my crap...hehe..i could go on like dis n bore u... mayb am jus a frustrated youth...
Hi Vishnu,

Just because you don't have any support or a you don't come from a Filmy background doesn't mean you can't be make it big in the Film Industry. If you have talent well, surely you can be in the Industry. In fact, it's a good thing that you've realized what you wish to do.
For starters, you can get yourself into a Film School and learn all there is to learn about Cinematography. This will be a big launchpad for your career.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Digital Academy - The Film School
16th September 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir
I kranthi Kush studying BFA Photography & visual communication in JNAFAU at Hyderbad ..
I interested. To do cinematography. In FTII
Plz note me that
With 2 cinematography courses. Even certificate. Course also
13th August 2015, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

can i apply both pg diploma in sound engineering and certificate course in sound engineering simultaneously ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?