26th November 2014, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue IT without clearing NET exam? I am pursuing MCA

I am persuing MCA.I want to do Ph.d in computer science.Can i persue it without clearing the net exam.Can i get direct admission in phd without net in gndu,amritsar.???

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for CSIR NET Exam and UGC NET Exam being an MCA candidate? In what way I can pursue Ph.D course?
  2. Is it worth to pursue MCA from Sikkim Manipal University? From where to pursue MCA and what are the job prospects in government sector?
  3. What is best to do after passing BCA? I have scored 78% in 2nd year
  4. How to pursue MCA in full time? University which would be best for MCA?
  5. Can I eligible to pursue Ph.D if pursuing MCA from correspondence?
  6. How to pursue BMM or BMS without clearing 12th exam?
  7. Can I become a Software Engineer after completing MCA? Eligibility to pursue M.Tech after MCA?
  8. Can I pursue MCA course having completed 12th class with Mathematics and pursuing final year of B.Com course?
  9. Possibility of pursuing M.Tech after MCA? Job in different sectors for MCA graduate?
  10. How to prepare for NET exam? I am pursuing MCA
  11. Difference between BCA and BSc(Computer Science)? Which has more and what is the syllabus?
  12. Career options after MCA? How to apply for UGC exam?
  13. What is the last date to apply for UGC NET exam? I am pursuing MCA final year
  14. Maximum age limit for lectureship in India? What is the necessity of clearing the NET? How many times exams are held in a year?
  15. what are the benefits of clearing icar net? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I do MCA without Maths in 12th? Which are the universities where I can pursue MCA?
  17. When will be the notification for NET Exam be released? Which Books should I prepare for NET Exam?
  18. Which courses can be done after 12th science to become a software engineer?
27th November 2014, 11:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue IT without clearing NET exam? I am pursuing MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am persuing MCA.I want to do Ph.d in computer science.Can i persue it without clearing the net exam.Can i get direct admission in phd without net in gndu,amritsar.???
Yes, you can do Ph.D without UGC NET score but you must have valid GATE score.

No, you can't join Phd in any university directly because every institute conducted their own entrance exam or interview round.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE Exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?