1st January 2012, 01:52 PM
ramyamalini

Can I pursue MCA course having completed 12th class with Mathematics and pursuing final year of B.Com course?

i am doing b.com final year now... after completing im interested to do mca.. i have studied maths in(+2), so can i able to do mca.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure for a non mathematics student to pursue MCA? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible for MCA programme while pursuing BCA degree? I have completed 12th with Mathematics
  3. What shall I do to pursue MCA after completion of BCA with 72% being a candidate having not gone through Mathematics in 12th class?
  4. Can I do MCA course having passed in Mathematics in Graduation and not having Mathematics in 12th class? Information regarding Entrance Exams for MCA course?
  5. What is the requirements for admission in B.Tech course in UK?
  6. Eligibility criteria to do MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Post graduation in MCA after completing graduation in B.Sc computer science?
  8. Can I eligible to pursue Ph.D if pursuing MCA from correspondence?
  9. Am I eligible to study MCA if pursuing B.A. Economics with Mathematics and Statistics?
  10. Will it be a problem for me to get a good job after completion of MCA of not scoring 1st class in 12th Class?
  11. Does SAP course a good choice for me pursuing final year of MCA course? Complete Details regarding this course?
  12. Should I go for MCA after doing B.Com from IGNOU?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Army having completed 12th with Commerce and without Mathematics and pursuing final year of BBA?
  14. Can I study MCA after completing B.Sc(IT) if completed 12th without Mathematics?
  15. How to pursue MCA in full time? University which would be best for MCA?
  16. Best books for Mathematics for MCA entrance test?
  17. Can I attend TNPSC Exam having completed HSC and pursuing final year of B.Com in Correspondence?
  18. Am I eligible to study MCA if completed 12th Commerce without Maths being a BCA final year student? Is there any specialization in MCA?
2nd January 2012, 01:45 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue MCA course having completed 12th class with Mathematics and pursuing final year of B.Com course?

Yes. You are eligible to pursue MCA course even though you are a candidate of commerce stream in Graduation with B.Com.

Have a look at the required eligibility criteria for MCA course.

-One should have completed Graduation with any of the streams like
-BCA
-B.Sc Computer Science
-B.Tech
-B.Com etc.

It is compulsory that the candidate should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject either in 10+2 or Graduation. If the candidate do not meet this, obviously, he is not allowed to join MCA course.

The admission for MCA course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exams like
-NIMCET
-IIT JAM
-ICET etc.

You can appear for the entrance exam which you are interested by having good preparation to the entrance exam and try to get admission for this course in a reputed college.

There will be number of specializations that are being offered under MCA course like
-Robotics
-Trobule Shooting
-Application Software
-System Management etc.

Choose the one which you are more interested and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

Wish you all the best.
2nd January 2012, 04:57 AM
ravishankerd

Default Yes you can do it

Yes You can ! i give some more suggestion because you from B.Com nothing is wrong but if you improve your abbility of prgramming languages such as c,c++,java and etc it is good to care while doing on you Proffecional course.
so i sujest do some course like PGDCA or HDCA in leshure time and get a certificate .
Lotof institutes are there to teach you like CSC ,NIIT like etc.
MY BEST WISHES TO YOU
2nd January 2012, 08:29 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I pursue MCA course having completed 12th class with Mathematics and pursuing final year of B.Com course?

Dear pal,
Entrance exam are conducted every for admitting the aspirants to the master in computer application. The various entrance exam are NIMCET, TANCET, JECAETC. The eligibility for applying for exam are
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree and final year aspirants are also eligible.
2. Important requirement is that the aspirant should have chosen mathematics as subject in 2.
There is no age limit. As you have not chosen mathematics you case not eligible for the exam. This is because the questions for the exam includes mathematics and computer science . So you need to have good chosen mathematics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?