14th August 2012, 09:58 PM
Satyam solanki

Can I sit for CAT exam after doing BBA?

.I am doing bba.can i sit in cat exam?...please tell me if i can do it

16th August 2012, 07:33 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I sit for CAT exam after doing BBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyam solanki View Post
Candidates possessing a bachelors degree in business administration or any other field, are considered eligible to take the test.
Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management. As far as percentage of marks required to be eligible for the test is concerned, candidates belonging to general category must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in the bachelors degree examination, whereas candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST), the required percentage of marks in the bachelors degree examination is 45%.

So, after completion of your BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) program and qualifying the same with aforementioned percentage of marks, you will definitely be considered eligible to take Common Admission Test (CAT).

For further information, refer to the official websites of the Indian Institutes of Management.
31st May 2013, 06:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for CAT. Graduation in any stream is the basic qualification required. But you must have completed BBA with a minimum of 50% marks. There is no age limit for CAT. You can attempt the test any number of times.
1st July 2013, 10:50 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyam solanki View Post
Yes you are eligible to sit for the CAT Exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. Indian Institutes of Management conducts this exam and by giving this exam you can get to pursue MBA not only in the IIM's but also in the other top B-Schools which accepts CAT Scores.

Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to get a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.
  • At graduation level you need to have 50% of marks in aggregate.
  • In case you are a SC/ST/DA/PWD candidate then you need to get 45% of marks in aggregate.
  • If you are in the final year then also you are eligible to give this exam.
Give stress on the following areas:-
  1. Quantitative Ability
  2. Data Interpretation
  3. Verbal Ability
  4. Logical Reasoning

Top Colleges Under CAT:-
  • Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University (FMS)
  • Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies Mumbai
  • Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
  • SP Jain Institute of Management & Research
  • Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
  • Indian Institute of Management Kolkata
  • Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
  • Management Development Institute Gurgaon
  • Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad

Top CAT Books To Follow:-
  • How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT 5th Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma
  • Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs (Paperback) by Sarvesh K Verma
  • Analytical & Logical Reasoning For CAT & Other Management Entrance Tests (Paperback) by Piyush Bhadwaj
  • Koncepts of Numbers for CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT and Other Aptitude Exams. (Paperback) by Gajendra Kumar
  • The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha
Hope this helps :-> :->
30th May 2020, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

If a student can give the exam while he/she is still in the final year then why did your second point under eligibilty criteria states that we need to have 50% at least to give the exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?