31st May 2012, 11:33 PM
jeyalakshmi007

What is the qualification required to join NET exam? How to prepare for that exam?

hello sir,am doing m.e computer science.i like to write net exam.pls tell about that exam and what is the qualifications and portions of exam.if there any attempt on exam? how will prepare for that exam.i am very eager to write that exam.pls tell ideas and details about that exam

pls pls
thank u sir

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for NET exam? Books to be referred for that? Should I join any coaching classes?
  2. Can I apply for law after passing B.Com with 42% 18 years back? Eligibility criteria and qualification required?
  3. How can I prepare for IFS exam? What is the syllabus? What is the qualification?
  4. Required Qualification and Syllabus for NET Exam for English?
  5. How can I prepare to qualify interview of Microsoft? Qualification required to join Microsoft? -- [New]
  6. How can I join marine engineering after 12th? What is the qualification required?
  7. Can I give NET exam after completing first year B.Com with required percentage?
  8. How to do teaching after BCA? I have completed BCA course from Kanpur University
  9. What is the required qualification for NET entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the qualification to appear for NET exam? How much percentage is required for PG
  11. What are the qualifications that are required for CIVILS and the strategies to prepare for the exam?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?
  13. How to become a lecturer in government engineering college? What is the salary?
  14. Syllabus and Required Qualification for TNPSC Group 1 Exam? How to prepare for the Exam?
  15. What is the qualification required for IS exam? What is the fee structure
  16. Required Qualification for GPSC Class 2 Exam? How to prepare for GPSC Exam?
  17. Required Qualification to join CS course? Will there be any Entrance Exam to join this course?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria to become a lecturer?
1st June 2012, 09:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required to join NET exam? How to prepare for that exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeyalakshmi007 View Post
hello sir,am doing m.e computer science.i like to write net exam.pls tell about that exam and what is the qualifications and portions of exam.if there any attempt on exam? how will prepare for that exam.i am very eager to write that exam.pls tell ideas and details about that exam
pls pls
thank u sir

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.But your Masters degree marks must be above 55% and for SC/ST candidate it must be above 50%.

You have completed M.E in computer science so you are applicable for NET exam but you must be fulfill these criteria.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but your minimum age should be 19 years old.For the case of JRF , your age should be maximum 28 years old.For lectureship , there is no age criteria.

BEST BOOKS FOR NET EXAM=>

From this year NET exam pattern should be MCQ type so you can choose some good computer science books and Prepare well.

For Paper I=>It's has 60 Question.Out of 60 Question , you can answered 50 Question.Total marks of this paper is 100 marks.The time duration for this session is 1¼ Hours (09.30 a.m. to 10.45 a.m.)

For Paper II=>It has 50 question.All Question are compulsory . Total marks of this paper is 100 marks.The time duration for this session is 1¼ Hours (10.45 a.m. to 12.00 Noon.)

For Paper III=>It has 75 question.All Question are compulsory . Total marks of this paper is 150 marks.The time duration for this session is 2½ Hours (01.30 p.m. to 04.00 p.m.)

I have attached some papers of NET exam for Computer Application department so please check it out.This papers are really helpful for you.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

1st June 2012, 11:53 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required to join NET exam? How to prepare for that exam?

For giving UGC NET u have to master Degree. You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper. so qualifying first and second paper is must

BEST NET books are as follows:-
Upkar's UGC NET/SLET
UGC NET/SLET by GKP
1st June 2012, 11:58 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

pls pls
thank u sir
Eligibility Criteria for National Eligibility Test (NET)

1) Educational Qualification

The candidates must have passed the Master's degree with minimum percentage of 55% (for General and OBC students)
Some relaxation is provided for SC, ST, Physically and Visually handicapped which is of 5 percent i.e. they must have secured 50% marks
Remember that there should be no grace or rounding off i.e. a general candidate with 54.99% wil not be eligible.

2) Age Limit

-For candidates appying for JRF the upper age limit is 28 years as on the first day of the month of the Net exam. Relaxation of 5 years will be provided for SC, ST, OBC, PH, VH and women candidates

- There will be no upper limit for lectureship

3)Eligibility for Lectureship

Those candidates who have passed UGC/CSIR JRF Exam before 1989 or State Level Eligibility Test before 1 June 2002 will be exempted for the NET exam.

-
1st June 2012, 12:23 PM
__Prateek
Member+

Quote:

pls pls
thank u sir
PREPARATION FOR NET ( national eligibility test )

NET is a national level enterence test for candidates pursuing post graduate course and wish to qualify for p.hd research or university teaching level jobs in india.

ELIGIBILITY ~

Candidate must have secured atleast 55 % marks in their master degree.

ST/SC/OBC and other backward classes are required to pass their master degree with minimum 50 % of marks.

candidates giving their final year are also eligible for this exam.

candidates are advised to appear accoding to their subject in post graduation.

AGE ~

1. junior research fellowship - not more than 28 yr on 1 june 2012.

2. lectureship - no age limit

EXAM PATTERN ~

The exam will consist of 3 papers, all of them will be of objective type

1 . 50/60 question to be attemted 100 MARKS 1.4 hr

2 . 50 questions are compulsory 100 MARKS 1.4 hr

3. 75/75 questions are compulsory 150 MARKS 2.5 hr

Candidates are required to pass on each paper separately .

general - 40 % ( PAPER 1 ) 40 % ( 2) 50 % (3 )

OBC - 35 % (1 ) 35 % (2) 45 % (3)

SC/ST - 35 % (1 ) 35 % (2) 40 % (3)

IMPORTANT DATES ~

1.Application submission last date - 30 april 2012

2. last date of receiving the documents - 7 may 2012

3.examination date - 24 june 2012

BEST BOOKS FOR PREPARATION ~

5th June 2012, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

good morning sir,
i have a query that minimum % for net exam is 55%.BUT if in case it is not so then i cannot apear for it.
24th June 2012, 06:47 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend...!!

->NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.

->This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

->Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

->But your Masters degree marks must be above 55% and for SC/ST candidate it must be above 50%.

->You have completed M.E in computer science so you are applicable for NET exam but you must be fulfill these criteria.

->There is no age criteria for NET exam but your minimum age should be 19 years old.For the case of JRF , your age should be maximum 28 years old.For lectureship , there is no age criteria.

thank u..!!

21st July 2012, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

can a candidate eligible who have done master degree under distance education??
22nd July 2012, 12:29 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam is conducted by the UGC(Universty Grants Commission) twice in a year i.e in the month of july and december every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete master's graduation in any stream with 55% of marks from any recognised university.

5% marks relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

The age limits for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) is the minimum age is 19 years and there is no maximum age limit.

The age limits for Lecture ship is the maximum age limit is 28 years and no minimum age limits for lectureship.

This exam consist of 3 papers,

Paper-1:- General studies(50 questions),

Paper-2:- Optional paper(50 questions),

Paper-3:- Optional paper(50 questions).

For more details visit below website

www.ugc.ac.in

All the best.
3rd November 2012, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

i completed m.a from pshychology?how to prepare for net
8th February 2013, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

i completed m.a from political science what I can fill public administration subject in net
25th July 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE M.COM from correspondence .am i eligible for giving NET examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?