15th April 2018, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I study ISC Science with 63% in 10th ICSE?

Respected Sir, I have completed my 10th from ICSE Board but unfortunately I have secured only 63% marks. I have a desire to study Science but with this percentage I don't think that I can study Science in ISC Board. Please tell me about this.

Related Questions:
24th April 2018, 12:04 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study ISC Science with 63% in 10th ICSE?

There is no minimum required aggregate to pursue science or any other stream in 12th declared by any recognised board.

So, you are eligible to pursue science stream if you are interested in pursuing. Yes, schools have made certain criteria to get admission in science stream.

So, kindly visit the school in which you want to get admission for more details regarding the admission.
24th April 2018, 12:28 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Yes, it is not possible to get admission in best schools with only 63% in 10th board examination.

But, I think there are many schools which offer admission to candidates on the basis of entrance examination conducted by respective schools. So, you can try to appear and qualify in the examination.

There is no any limitation by ICSE board for admission of candidates on marks/aggregate in Science stream or other stream.
25th April 2018, 12:20 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The admission to class 11 is based on the marks secured by the candidate in class 10. Each and every school has its own cut off percentage of marks to offer admission to Science stream. But the minimum percentage of marks secured by the candidates to avail admission in science stream is that the candidate must have secured above 60% marks from a recognized board of education.

But all reputed school offer admission only to the candidates who have secured above 75% marks in class 10. You can avail admission in science stream in any of the local colleges if you sincerely wish to pursue science stream otherwise opt for any of the non-science stream.
25th April 2018, 08:47 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study ISC Science after completion of your 10th standard with 63% aggregate marks from ICSE Board. Candidates who have passed 10th standard from ICSE Board are eligible to pursue 11th standard Science stream from ISC Board. So, being a 10th passed candidate from ICSE Board, you are eligible to study ISC Science stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?