21st January 2018, 06:18 PM
Khoriberia

Can I study MA in English after securing only a passing percentage in BA (General)?

Sir I had passed BA (general) degree course from Calcutta University. My subjects are English, Political Science and Philosophy. But I had only got pass marks in BA degree course. Now I want to study MA in English. Can I study MA from any recognized University?

23rd January 2018, 03:54 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I study MA in English after securing only a passing percentage in BA (General)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoriberia View Post
Sir I had passed BA (general) degree course from Calcutta University. My subjects are English, Political Science and Philosophy. But I had only got pass marks in BA degree course. Now I want to study MA in English. Can I study MA from any recognized University?
Yes you can study Master's in English from any recognized university or college because you fulfill one of the important criteria of UGC that is to study Master in any subject/specialization student should have studied one of the subject and should have passed out of minimum 300 marks and should have scored 50% minimum in Bachelor degree of study. So, yes you can apply for the Master degree course and take the admission also. But this time, admission is done on the basis of MCQ written exam because you belong to B.A General so its important for you to give the entrance exam and then only based on the entrance exam you will be given admission in a college.
You have done your B.A from Calcutta University so here is the list of M.A (English) colleges in Kolkata particularly:

Aliah University
Address- Salt Lake, Park Circus, Kolkata
Phone- (033) 27062269

Amity University
Address- New Town, Kolkata
Phone- (033) 44012801

Bangabasi Morning College
Address- 19, Rajkumar Chakrabarty Sarani
Phone- (033) 23509210

Bethune College
Address- 181, Bidhan Sarani
Phone- (033) 22571712

Jadavpur University
Address- Campus#1, Raja S C Mallick Road
Phone- (033) 24146666

Calcutta University
Address- Ashutsosh Building 2nd Floor Kol- 73

Loreto College
Address- 7, Sir William James Sarani, Park Street 700071
Phone- (033) 2264 0952
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?