20th March 2018, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

A student is considered qualified if secure 20 marks in Physics of 12th Board exam?

I heard that if student gets 20 marks and above in Physics Board exam paper in 12th standard then they will pass that student by giving Grace marks. Is this true?

Related Questions:
  1. Tips to score 60 marks in Physics of 12th Uttarakhand Board exam?
  2. Tips to score above 75 marks in Physics of 12th WBCHSE Board exam
  3. Will I be considered fail if secure 43 marks in CBSE Physics?
  4. How can I prepare to score good marks in Physics of 12th CBSE Board exam?
  5. Will I be considered as pass student if get 22 marks out of 70 marks in Physics paper of Jammu & Kashmir board?
  6. Will I considered to be pass if disqualified in Physics Theory of 12th ISC Board exam?
  7. Tips to secure 80 marks in Sociology of 12th Punjab Board exam?
  8. Will I be considered, fail or compartment if fail in Physics paper of 12th PCB?
  9. Can I qualify in Physics if attempted questions of 25 marks in 12th HSEB Board exam?
  10. Tips to secure full marks in Accountancy of 12th Sikkim Board exam?
  11. Tips to secure full marks in Statistics of 12th Kerala Board exam -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having secured an aggregate of 67% in PCM but 59% in Maths?
  13. Whether the marks obtained by the student in the exam of higher secondary conducted by the school will be considered or the marks obtained by the student in the last board exam?
  14. Eligibility to secure BSc(Physics) admission in any reputed college of Bihar for a candidate with 56% in 12th BSEB Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Passing marks in Physics Theory of 12th CBSE?
  16. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Physics) in St. Xavier's College if secured 69% in 12th and scored 83 marks in Physics?
  17. Through which board a candidate can secure good marks in 12th among CBSE and Maharashtra Board? Is there any difference at the time of admission in Engineering or Medical field?
  18. Whether I be disqualified in 12th Board exam if failing to qualify in Physics?
31st March 2018, 12:26 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A student is considered qualified if secure 20 marks in Physics of 12th Board exam?

No, the candidate will not be awarded any grace marks officially unless if there is any mistake in question paper. The minimum marks required to qualify any examination is 35% of the marks for which the examination is conducted. If the examination is conducted for maximum of 60 marks then, if you secure 21 marks in the examination then, you will be considered as qualified else, you will be considered as failed. So, now you can calculate how many marks are required to qualify the examination based on the maximum marks for which the examination is conducted.
31st March 2018, 02:15 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: A student is considered qualified if secure 20 marks in Physics of 12th Board exam?

First thing I would like to let you know that there is no specific rule for providing grace marks and it is just a general perception that candidate is awarded grace marks if he/she is falling short of passing marks by few marks and hence no can guarantee you about the grace marking.

Now, as far as you are concerned about the passing in Physics by securing 20 marks then I would like to let you know that Physics is a science stream paper with two parts i.e; theory paper of 70 marks and practical paper of 30 marks, and to clear the paper of Physics a candidate has to pass in both theory and practical paper of Physics separately by securing minimum passing marks which is generally 30% in case of most of state board of examination and 33% marks in case of CBSE and 35% in case of ICSE board.

So, for your information I would like to let you know that by securing 20 marks in your Physics paper you are likely to fail in your Physics paper because of reason discussed above.
31st March 2018, 06:11 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It is to be heard that if any one got 20 marks then on grace marking they will get passed. But if grace marking is not done then less than 23 marks in theory is considered as fail. Minimum 23 marks is compulsory.
31st March 2018, 06:51 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to inform you but the moderation policy or grace marking is stopped. So, to pass the Physics paper you must have to score at least 23 marks in theory and 10 marks in practical to get passed in the physics paper.
31st March 2018, 06:58 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, it's officially not declared in any board (CBSE, ICSE, State level) that they will add any grace marks to pass the student who gets marks closer to pass marks.

You should get pass marks as per board mentioned to get qualified.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?