24th May 2012, 08:37 PM
chandini moon

Can I study MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech mechanical?

after my B tech mechanical what can i study wheather a M.B.A or M tech to get a good job ,,and can i get a govt job ,right now i completed b tech 2nd year,,

24th May 2012, 09:47 PM
denwer

Default Re: Can I study MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech mechanical?

DEAR FRIEND!!!
hi...

As you are in b. tech course of mechanical engineering, so there are lots of options after the completion of the course. You can either opt for higher education like m.tech or MBA or you can get a nice job.

If you move for higher education then a MBA degree will take you to a better job with handsome salary(even seven figure).

If you are looking for a nice govt. job then after you b.tech only you can join a government service. For this either you have to apply to various government or semi-govt. companies separately (like ONGC, BHEL, NTPC etc ) or you can appeare in the GATE examination and apply with the GATE score to these companies.

The latter is the best option for you, to get a govt. job as you are in the core branch(mechanical).

thank you and all the best!!!
24th May 2012, 09:48 PM
denwer

Smile Re: Can I study MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech mechanical?

DEAR FRIEND!!!
hi...

As you are in b. tech course of mechanical engineering, so there are lots of options after the completion of the course. You can either opt for higher education like m.tech or MBA or you can get a nice job.

If you move for higher education then a MBA degree will take you to a better job with handsome salary(even seven figure).

If you are looking for a nice govt. job then after you b.tech only you can join a government service. For this either you have to apply to various government or semi-govt. companies separately (like ONGC, BHEL, NTPC etc ) or you can appeare in the GATE examination and apply with the GATE score to these companies.

The latter is the best option for you, to get a govt. job as you are in the core branch(mechanical).

thank you and all the best!!!
25th May 2012, 12:33 AM
GOUTHAMMADDY

You need to complete your B.Tech to get a good government job,as your stream is mechanical which is an evergreen one,it has got vast number of opportunities in the PSUs and also many other government sectors.
As you have asked whether to pursue MBA or M.TECH ,it really depends on your interests.If you want to develop yourself in a core industry,you need to pursue M.TECH. If you have interest towards management and business sectors,you can proceed towards MBA.Its quite interesting to note that a M.B.A student gets higher salary packages when compared to a M.TECH student.

WITH WARM REGARDS

GOUTHAM.
7th June 2012, 03:53 PM
sree019

Actually in btech which one is better(mech,it,ee,ece..etc) when we decided to go for MBA after btech?
23rd June 2012, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

can i do m-tech frm civil branch after b-tech frm mechanical engg???
4th July 2012, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.TECH in mechanical after completing BTECH in Production
21st July 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have got a job offering a decent package ,through campus selection . i am a B.TECH. fresher in mechanical engineering... should i go for MBA or M.TECH right now by rejecting the offer given to me.. or it would be a better option to gain some industrial experience before going through any P.G. course ...plz guide me..
22nd July 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

^ the latter is the better option with the opportunity u have...go for the job and prepare for the entrance exams of either of the MBA or M.TECH courses ,up to ur discretion ,simultaneously.
24th July 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I want to study MBA after b tech ? are there any entrance exam?
25th August 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare cat along with b tech in mechanical enggineering(1 st year)....?????
26th August 2012, 04:34 PM
suvendum14

Red face Re: Can I study MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech mechanical?

Hi..
after doing B.Tech in any stream..
two best option for doing post graduation-
1. M.Tech( if you have studied well in B.Tech)
try for GATE EXAM
2. MBA
TRY FOR MAT,XAT,CAT EXAM

After doing any of above courses from reputed instituion you will get excellent JOB..
best of luck
26th August 2012, 08:48 PM
NITIN S PAWAR

Thumbs up Re: Can I study MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandini moon View Post
after my B tech mechanical what can i study wheather a M.B.A or M tech to get a good job ,,and can i get a govt job ,right now i completed b tech 2nd year,,

If you move for higher education then a MBA degree will take you to a better job with handsome salary.

So you finally try for M.B.A which will be excellent as per my opinion..........
26th August 2012, 11:42 PM
soumadeep7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandini moon View Post
Yes. Just you have to pass the MAT/CAT exam for gettig a good college for MBA. You have to pass the GATE exam for M.TECH
27th August 2012, 12:22 AM
prince raj1

hi...
If you move for higher education then a MBA degree will take you to a better job with handsome salary. If you have interest towards management and business sectors, you can proceed towards MBA.
If you want to develop yourself in a core industry, you need to pursue M.TECH It’s quite interesting to note that a M.B.A student gets higher salary packages when compared to a M.TECH student.
If you are looking for a nice govt. job then after you b.tech only you can join a government service. For this either you have to apply to various government or semi-govt. companies separately you can appear in the GATE examination and apply with the GATE score to these companies.
27th August 2012, 12:28 AM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Yes,why not...you can do MBA or M.TEH after completing your B.tech.
If you are intersted in further study then there is no problem at all.you are free to apply as per your preference as in MBA or in M.tech.

For MBA you have to clear MAT/CAT exam.But if you will apply in M.tech then you have to clear GATE Examination.

An another way as you ask like to do a Govt. job as in Indian Railways,Bank po etc..For these types of Govt. jobs you must completed your B.Tech successfully.
Good Bye and Good luck
19th September 2013, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical engg 4th year, l want to earn more money then what to do, M Tech or MBA
11th April 2014, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

hello sir , i am pursuing my b.tech in mechanical eng. . i am in private collage (lpu punjab) ,i want to do mba soo i am preparing for cat . should i appear for cat just after b.tech oer should i get job n have work exprience , ? how much work exprience affect mba degree ..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?