11th March 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

What are the options available for a B.Tech graduate? What is more preferable, either doing job or qualify GATE?

1)I am a B.Tech student in Instrumentation Engineering of 8.0 CGPA. Which will b better for me after B.Tech.
i)To do M.Tech qualifying GATE.
ii)To do job in Software Company.

2)When we do M.Tech with valid GATE score then the stipend of all colleges are same or different?

29th March 2012, 09:02 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the options available for a B.Tech graduate? What is more preferable, either doing job or qualify GATE?

Your CGPA is good but I think CGPA doesn't completely reflect a person's technical
knowledge and ability to use it in practical world.
If you have to go for higher education and your CGPA is more than the minimum required
then you must go for higher education.

Doing M.Tech./M.S. is not perfectly a gateway to become scientist only.
You can do a job in software/core industry after doing M.Tech. too.

You should first decide what you actually wish to do.

Few questions you should ask yourself.
Do you want be a professor ?
Do you want to work in R&D dept. of some public or private sector company ?
Do you want to go for higher education because you do not have a job?
Do you want to go for higher education because you want a better job?
Are you ready for doing job?
Are you okay with continuing studies?

If you want to be a professor then you must go for higher studies.
If you ultimately want to research in some field then also go for higher studies.
If you do not have a job right now or you think you are earning too less then
if you go for M.Tech. in top institutions then you will be getting a very good
platform for good jobs and research both.
After joining their first job few students realize that they are not at all ready for
jobs so they go for higher studies first. This gives you further 2 years (or more)
to explore yourself and to decide your career path.

Sometimes, a student can't figure out any of the above.
In that situation he/she should concentrate on only question.
Does he/she has some liability or lack of money that he/she can't afford more time for studies?
If yes, then go for a job, earn money and sort out your money problems and if after
2-3 years he/she realizes that he/she should have done higher studies then he/she
must go for higher studies.
If, no then go for higher studies right after B.Tech.

A man should never make moves on someone else' decision.
You should always make your moves on your decision only.
If you have confusions while choosing the right way then you must ask someone
a way out.

If the type of scholarship is same then it will be same in all same category institutions.
e.g. In IITs other government institution MHRD scholarship is offered so it is same in
all of them.
29th March 2012, 09:12 PM
bablucena9

Default Re: What are the options available for a B.Tech graduate? What is more preferable, either doing job or qualify GATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1)I am a B.Tech student in Instrumentation Engineering of 8.0 CGPA. Which will b better for me after B.Tech.

2)When we do M.Tech with valid GATE score then the stipend of all colleges are same or different?
What i can say dear,it is your choice.
If your economical condition is not good, then you choose a fine job otherwise work hard to qualify the gate entrance exam.
Ok dear.
29th March 2012, 09:22 PM
neha4001

better for me after B.Tech is do mtceh.. at list by distance education along with job you can get information on this at http://examresultscenter.com
29th March 2012, 10:08 PM
G.S.K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You have not specified regarding your location of studies that is if your from any of the IITS you can directly apply for the the M.TECH as your CGPA is acceptable for directly applying into the IITS.

Now as you are in dilemma whether to go for the job or pursue M.TECH, check yourself once that what you want exactly from yourself if you are willing to get in the research stream i suggest you to pursue your M.TECH and i would like to remind you that you can get into the job post M.TECH also hence its better to take decision on your own.

Now one more question was regarding the stipend, the stipend in all the IITS are almost same and it varies for state universities and other AICTE affiliated colleges.
9th June 2012, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

sir , i got 26.78 marks in gate 2012 and i am not qualify this exam this time .i already drop one year and i am working as a lecturer in polytechnic college from last year because my finacial position is not good i want take advice that if i drop this year and prepare for gate once again then either it effect my future jobs because but. i want to do job in government sector
24th June 2012, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

i am doing Btech from IIT kanpur in mechanical engineering and i have passed my 2nd year i have a cpi of 7.0
and i am still not sure about what i have to do after my Btech
MBA, job, Mtech, MS ??
can anyone please guide me?
i have interest in core sector but the pay they give there is not much
MBA from IIM will get me a good pay but i m not that much interested in management
i dont know what to do?
13th January 2013, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam,I have completed B.TECH-IT with an aggregate of 81% and now I am waiting for call letter from a reputed IT company. In the long term,I want to be a software product developer like Bill Gates,Steve Jobs.So,
1.What courses(Diploma/PG) will I study to achieve this endeavor?
2.What are the qualities essential for a software product developer?
24th May 2013, 01:07 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Its good to see that you know your options very well.
Let me try to help you further

M.Tech can be done with and without workex. However, it is always advisable to do it as soon as you finish your B.Tech. This is because course of GATE is same as your B.Tech and things are pretty fresh in you memory. You would be able to do it much better. It becomes difficult to prepare and appear at later stage.

You also have an option of going for MBA. You need to appear for CAT or other MBA entrance exam for going for MBA from good college.
Work ex is required for MBA, its not mandatory, but it help you get admission.

To go for Job, MBA and M.Tech, totally depends on your interest. Evaluate all your option with constraints such as money, interest, job expectation and kind of life wanted.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?