31st December 2015, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

Procedure for a non mathematics student to pursue MCA?

As I am pursuing B.Com in general and now i am planning to pursue MCA as my Masters study. But eligibility for MCA is Mathematics in 10+2 and B.com and i didn't opted mathematics in 10+2 and B.com as well. So kindly help me to know the procedure for admission in MCA being a non mathematics student?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study MCA in any government college for B.Sc(Mathematics) final year student? What is the scope of MCA course?
  2. Am I eligible to study MCA if pursuing B.A. Economics with Mathematics and Statistics?
  3. Is there any chance for me to do MCA after B.Sc Mathematics?
  4. How to take admission for BCA after scoring 54% in 12th?
  5. Can I get admission to study MCA if studying B.Com without Mathematics?
  6. What is best to do after passing BCA? I have scored 78% in 2nd year
  7. Procedure to pursue Ph.D in USA having completed MCA in the year of 2010 from India?
  8. MCA after B.Com. and mathematics in +2
  9. How to pursue MCA in abroad after doing final year BCA? What is the duration of MCA in foreign countries? Procedure to get into the foreign colleges
  10. Am I eligible to get admission in MCA if I do not have any mathematics paper in BCA but I have studied 12th with mathematics? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What can I do after passing 12th science?
  12. Can I do MCA course having passed in Mathematics in Graduation and not having Mathematics in 12th class? Information regarding Entrance Exams for MCA course?
  13. Can I pursue MCA course having completed 12th class with Mathematics and pursuing final year of B.Com course?
  14. List of universities which offer MCA in Abroad? Procedure to get admission and course duration?
  15. Colleges which I can get after scoring 47% in graduation and 89 JECA rank?
  16. High studies and job opportunities after BSc Maths through distance education?
  17. What shall I do to pursue MCA after completion of BCA with 72% being a candidate having not gone through Mathematics in 12th class?
  18. Is it compulsory to have a bachelors degree to pursue MSc in Mathematics?
31st December 2015, 02:21 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure for a non mathematics student to pursue MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As I am pursuing B.Com in general and now i am planning to pursue MCA as my Masters study. But eligibility for MCA is Mathematics in 10+2 and B.com and i didn't opted mathematics in 10+2 and B.com as well. So kindly help me to know the procedure for admission in MCA being a non mathematics student?
Yeah you can join in MCA but not in all universities, there are some universities which does not regard you having studied mathematics as subject in your +2 or not. But there are many universities which prefer you to have studied mathematics in your +2.

The other option to solve this problem is you doing BCA course (Bachelor of Computer Application) in order to directly get into MCA without any trouble. But in the case of yours, having completed B.com general it is not possible for you to pursue MCA course.

To join in MCA course you need to apply for the entrance exam and you are not eligible for applying or to pursue the course.
31st December 2015, 03:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, as you do not have mathematics in 10+2 you are not eligible to pursue master or even bachelor degree in Computer Application.

The eligibility to get admission in bachelor degree course is candidate must have passed passed 10+2 from any recognised board and have mathematics as main paper.

So, there is no chance for you to getting admission in MCA course without mathematics as main paper.
31st December 2015, 10:39 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you can do MCA in Annamalai University after your graduation without studying mathematics in 10+2. The eligibility to study the course is three year Bachelor’s Degree after completion of 10+2, candidates seeking admission to I year of MCA Programme and who have not studied Mathematics at +2 level should undergo a bridge programme for a week. Personal Contact Programme is compulsory for this course. The duration of the course is 3 years. The website link is given for your reference
http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in...=it&course=138
31st December 2015, 10:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application. This is a post graduation course. The eligibility criteria for MCA is:

>>Candidates who have done BBA, BCA or B.Tech course can apply for exam. Those who have done bachelor's degree in science can also apply for course.

>>Candidates must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level. This is an essential criteria for MCA course.

>>There is no age limit regarding this course.

You are not eligible for MCA course without studying mathematics. Non mathematics candidates are not eligible for MCA course.
31st December 2015, 10:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No, non mathematics students are not eligible to pursue Master of Computer Application as per eligibility criteria which is a candidate must have studied Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 10+2 otherwise he will not be eligible for this course.

Graduates in discipline like science or business administration or computer applications etc are eligible for MCA course but they must have studied mathematics. You are not eligible for MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?