15th July 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in 2nd year for degree in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in government college of Polytechnic

Sir i am completed my diploma in government collage of polytechnic in nasik can i take admision for second year for degree in collage of nit or iit please send me answer on [email protected] i am waiting for answer please ............ Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure for appearing lateral entry exam in Tamil Nadu?
  2. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in electrical? I am studying diploma in government polytechnic
  3. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical? I am studying diploma in governmet polytechnic Karad
  4. Can I get admission in 2nd year in NIT after completing diploma
  5. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in civil?
  7. How may I get the admission in engineering colleges for B.Tech course? I am a 2nd year student of diploma in E&I at government polytechnic college, Siliguri
  8. Top 10 MSc Chemistry colleges? Can I get in any of them after scoring 2000 rank in OU PGCET entrance exam?
  9. Admission in 2nd year of polytechnic college after diploma in IT?
  10. Am I eligible for NIT and IIT after Polytechnic?
  11. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student? -- [New]
  12. Can I get admission in NIT after completing diploma from government polytechnic
  13. How to take admission in 2nd year IIT after mechanical diploma?
  14. How to take admission in 2nd year degree after completing diploma this year?
  15. How can I get admission in 2nd year in NIT? I am a Polytechnic student
  16. How can I join in government polytechnic college? What are the courses in Government Polytechnic colleges? Date of sale of admission forms for 1st year diploma courses?
  17. How to join a good engineering college after backlog in 1st and 2nd semester in Polytechnic?
  18. Can I get admission in B.E Civil 2nd year through lateral entry after completing diploma in CSE from Polytechnic College?
22nd July 2012, 01:12 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in 2nd year for degree in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in government college of Polytechnic

There is no lateral entry in IIT as well as in NIT. After completion of diploma in engineering you can not take admission directly in second year of degree engineering in IIT or NIT.

If you want to take admission in IIT then you have to appear in IIT JEE entrance examination. If you can clear this examination then you will be able to take admission in first year of engineering in IIT. After completion of your diploma you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE examination. If you are very much interested to complete your engineering from IIT then be well prepared and appear in IIT JEE examination.

To take admission in NIT you have to clear the AIEEE examination. After completion of your diploma of engineering or in last year of your diploma you may appear in AIEEE examination. Generally if you have AIEEE rank within 50000 AIR then you may get chance to take admission in NIT. Through AIEEE you will be able to take admission in first year only. There is no direct admission in second year in NIT.

If you don't want to waste one year and want to take admission through lateral entry directly in second year of engineering then you have to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test(LEET). This is a state level examination. After diploma in engineering candidates are eligible to appear in this examination. If you can crack the examination then through counseling you will be able to choose college from your state to study engineering. You will be able to take admission in directly second year of engineering. But IIT and NITs are the best colleges in India for technical study.

You should try for IIT, NIT and other lateral entry colleges. If you fail to take admission in IIT or NIT then take admission in any other college. If you complete your engineering from IIT then no problem to waste one year. Best wishes.
22nd July 2012, 01:42 PM
srinivas933

Default Re: Can I take admission in 2nd year for degree in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in government college of Polytechnic

Hai,

There is no lateral entry in IIT as well as in NIT. After completion of diploma in engineering you can not take admission directly in second year of degree engineering in IIT or NIT.
If you want to take admission inIIT then you have to appear in IIT JEE entrance examination. If you can clear this examination then you will be able to take admission in first year of engineering in IIT. After completion of your diploma you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE examination. If you are very much interested to complete your engineering from IIT then be well prepared and appear in IIT JEE examination.
To take admission in NIT you have to clear the AIEEE examination. After completion of your diploma of engineering or in last year of your diploma you may appear in AIEEE examination. Generally if you have AIEEE rank within 50000 AIR then you may get chance to take admission in NIT. Through AIEEE you will be able to take admission in first year only. There is no direct admission in second year in NIT.
If you don't want to waste one year and want to take admission through lateral entry directly in second year of engineering then you have to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test(LEET). This is a state level examination. After diploma in engineering candidates are eligible to appear in this examination. If you can crack the examination then through counseling you will be able to choose college from your state to study engineering. You will be able to take admission in directly second year of engineering. But IIT and NITs arethe best colleges in India for technical study.
You should try for IIT, NIT and other lateral entry colleges. If you fail to take admission in IIT or NIT then take admission in any other college. If you complete your engineering fromIIT then no problem to waste one year.
Best of luck.
22nd July 2012, 02:49 PM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: Can I take admission in 2nd year for degree in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in government college of Polytechnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am completed my diploma in government collage of polytechnic in nasik can i take admision for second year for degree in collage of nit or iit please send me answer on [email protected] i am waiting for answer please ............ Thanks

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]HI FRIEND,
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]ELIGIBILITY FOR NIT/IIT;
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4] 
*YOU SHOULD WRITE ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR NIT/ IIT AFTER
12TH LEVEL(IN 2013 ISEET EXAM)

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]*THERE IS NO ANY LATERAL ENTRY FOR THIS COURSES

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]New Exam Pattern for ISEET 2012 are as follows :
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Minimum 40% of weightage shall be given to School Board Marks.
Totally ISEET 2013 was divided into two categories such as ISEET Main and ISEET Advanced.
ISEET Main : is an Objective Test which is same like CAT, SAT and other exams. It is to test the student’s English comprehension Logical Reasoning and Critical Thinking.
ISEET Advanced : mainly depends on School Board Syllabus and difficulty level equal to that of AIEEE. 30% weightage will be taken into consideration which was mandatory to take admission into central engineering institutions.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Syllabus Structure :
[/SIZE][/SIZE]ISEET Main Consists of Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Critical Reasoning. And
ISEET Advance consists of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Purely Objective.

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Duration of ISEET 2013 Examination : 3 Hours from 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE] 

ALL THE BEST....
22nd July 2012, 02:52 PM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: Can I take admission in 2nd year for degree in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in government college of Polytechnic

Quote:

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]HI FRIEND,

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]ELIGIBILITY FOR NIT/IIT;
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4] 
*YOU SHOULD WRITE ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR NIT/ IIT AFTER
12TH LEVEL(IN 2013 ISEET EXAM)

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]*THERE IS NO ANY LATERAL ENTRY FOR THIS COURSES

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]New Exam Pattern for ISEET 2012 are as follows :
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Minimum 40% of weightage shall be given to School Board Marks.
Totally ISEET 2013 was divided into two categories such as ISEET Main and ISEET Advanced.
ISEET Main : is an Objective Test which is same like CAT, SAT and other exams. It is to test the student’s English comprehension Logical Reasoning and Critical Thinking.
ISEET Advanced : mainly depends on School Board Syllabus and difficulty level equal to that of AIEEE. 30% weightage will be taken into consideration which was mandatory to take admission into central engineering institutions.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Syllabus Structure :
[/SIZE][/SIZE]ISEET Main Consists of Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Critical Reasoning. And
ISEET Advance consists of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Purely Objective.

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Duration of ISEET 2013 Examination : 3 Hours from 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE] 

ALL THE BEST....
31st July 2012, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

how can diploma students apply AIEEE and IIT entrance examinations?
6th August 2012, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

how to take admission in b.tech. after diploma in coputer engg.
12th August 2012, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am completed my diploma in government collage of polytechnic in trichy (tamilnadu) can i take admision for second year for degree in collage of nit or iit please send me answer on [email protected] i am waiting for answer please ............ Thanks
16th August 2012, 12:02 AM
manu3

If you want to take admission inIIT then you have to appear in IIT JEE entrance examination. If you can clear this examination then you will be able to take admission in first year of engineering in IIT. After completion of your diploma you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE examination. If you are very much interested to complete your engineering from IIT then be well prepared and appear in IIT JEE examination.
If you don't want to waste one year and want to take admission through lateral entry directly in second year of engineering then you have to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test(LEET). This is a state level examination. After diploma in engineering candidates are eligible to appear in this examination. If you can crack the examination then through counseling you will be able to choose college from your state to study engineering. You will be able to take admission in directly second year of engineering. But IIT and NITs arethe best colleges in India for technical study.
You should try for IIT, NIT and other lateral entry colleges. If you fail to take admission in IIT or NIT then take admission in any other college. If you complete your engineering fromIIT then no problem to waste one year.
Best of luck.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-take-admission-2nd-year-degree-nit-iit-after-completing-diploma-government-college-polytechnic-872349.html#ixzz23dJiu2R2
21st August 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Polytechnic diploma,now can i join in degree 2nd year of B.SC(Mstcs,mpc,mpcs,etc.,). If so how can i join in the relevant course?? Please give me your feedback as soon as possible. Thank you.
26th August 2012, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in mechanical engineering in Government polytechnic Thane. I wan to give AIEEE, NIT, IIT after diploma.So what can i do? Please reply on '[email protected]'
21st September 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

I belong to Haryana. Can I get admission in himachal pradesh after give the leet exam of himachal... please tell me on my email ID
[email protected]
25th September 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am a student of b.tech and i wanna change my college aftr completing my 1st yr to 2nd yr from semi govt. to pvt college so plz rply me is this possible or not??
29th September 2012, 09:29 PM
surajm093

Smile Re: Can I take admission in 2nd year for degree in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in government college of Polytechnic

For taking admission in NIT or IIT you have to give its entrance exam but in this you have to study from first year itself.
For getting a seat in NIT you have to be in under 20000. For this you have to practice a lot and join some good coaching for qualifying these exam.
So, there is no direct way to take admission in NIT or IIT in 2nd year examination.

Good Luck
1st October 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of sist bhopal in first sem. can i change my collage through lateral entry. can l got best eng. collage in second year sir i donot west one year
1st October 2012, 12:43 PM

I am student of sist bhopal in first year . Can i change my collage by lateral entry
5th October 2012, 10:00 PM
Rajanitai

HI......

After completion of diploma in engineering you can not take admission directly in second year of degree engineering inIIT or NIT.
If you want to take admission in IIT then you have to appear in IIT JEE entrance examination. If you can clear this examination then you will be able to take admission in first year of engineering in IIT. After completion of your diploma you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE examination. If you are very much interested to complete your engineering from IIT then be well prepared and appear in IIT JEE examination.
If you don't want to waste one year and want to take admission through lateral entry directly in second year of engineering then you have to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test(LEET). This is a state level examination. After diploma in engineering candidates are eligible to appear in this examination. If you can crack the examination then through counseling you will be able to choose college from your state to study engineering. You will be able to take admission in directly second year of engineering. But IIT and NITs are the best colleges in India for technical study.
You should try for IIT, NIT and other lateral entry colleges. If you fail to take admission in IIT or NIT then take admission in any other college. If you complete your engineering from IIT then no problem to waste one year.
6th October 2012, 03:37 AM
surajm093

Smile Re: Can I take admission in 2nd year for degree in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in government college of Polytechnic

For taking admission in NIT or IIT you have to give its entrance exam but in this you have to study from first year itself.
For getting a seat in NIT you have to be in under 20000. For this you have to practice a lot and join some good coaching for qualifying these exam.
So, there is no direct way to take admission in NIT or IIT in 2nd year examination.

Good Luck
24th October 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

SIR,
I AM STUDYING B TECH IT FIRST YEAR IN SSEC OF CHENNAI.IS THER IS POSSIBLE TO JOIN IN SECONDYEAR IN NIT OR IIT THROUGH CLEARING AIEEE.?
25th October 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i have same question plz send ans at my email id..
[email protected]
30th November 2012, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech 1st but i to appear in iseet 2013. am i eligible for this?
19th January 2013, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my first semester in b.tech cse so can i join another college for 2nd year? if yes which college will be better for this?
26th January 2013, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

As i am a diploma student ,how much % of marks is required to obtain a seat in nit
8th February 2013, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

I am doing polytechnic 2nd year. can i enter into IIT's
8th February 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

I am doing polytechnic 2nd year. Can i enter into I.I.T or N.I.T through any lateral exam into 1st year or should i write ISEET with 2 students after my completion of 3rd year?
19th February 2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Can i take admission in second year in another college after completing first year ?
1st March 2013, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir, what is prosiser to take admission in iit or nit for a polytechnic student who had completed it
11th April 2013, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

i am completed polytechnic diploma in electronics branch.i want to admission in nit raipur.
19th April 2013, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

I've passed graduation in mathematics(honours) this year.
Can I take admission in 2nd year in B.Tech in any govt. college?
2nd June 2013, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in engineering in IIT after completing diploma please send me answer on [email protected] i am waiting for answer please ............ Thanks
7th July 2013, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

i have already given polytechnic 1st yr exam & i m selected in nit college through jeemains.so can i get T.C. From college
30th July 2013, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

sir mai nit srinagar se btech 1st yr me hoo kya mai iit ya nit me phir se exam dekr btech 2nd year me admissn le skti hoo iska kya prosess hoga
10th September 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a final year student in diploma engineering. I m an sc. How much rank do i need in the aieee entrance exam to get a seat in nit durgapur?
21st February 2014, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

can i take admission in 2nd year in iit and nit colleges?now i am doing isc from biharboard.
17th March 2014, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing diploma in computer engineering,after completing my diploma course is there chance to get admission in iit or nit?
21st May 2014, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Can i take admission in second year of IIT after doing first year of b.tech from any other college i.e, after appearing and clearing IIT when i am in first year from other college.
28th May 2014, 08:23 PM
JAGANROCK

Hi sir!! Im completed Diploma in computer science engineering 2014 batch with 78 % . i would like ti join in IIT plzz any idea to join in IIT, other Best Engineering college best in Computer Science. I have best Knowlege in Computer science field. plz Im at OMR . so easy for me.. what Examination for diploma holder?? plzz tell brifly about the exam nad best engineering college.
29th May 2014, 10:14 AM
harishbabu1234

Unhappy Re: Can I take admission in 2nd year for degree in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in government college of Polytechnic

Quote:
hi...I'm sorry.you dont have a chance to get a seat in iits or nits...you can only do your btech in local engg colleges.
13th July 2014, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

can I get admssion in 3rd year for degree in trichy anna university after completing diploma with 95%
7th September 2014, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir b.tech second uear me admission polytechnic ka result aane k baad hi start honge kya??
25th September 2014, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I want to know that how can I go to iit or mit after diploma in mechanical engineering
14th October 2014, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Hai my name is pruthvi iam studying b.tech 2nd year in SRM university.But my dream is to study in iit.is there any chance of lateral entry in to iit after completing my 2nd year?plz answer my question....
6th November 2014, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir my brother is doing 1st year engineering in govt colg can he has chance to join in NIT for 2nd year??? Can u plz say me the procedure and email me at ths id sir.. [email protected]
8th January 2015, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am Aakash.I am studing in diploma in computer engineering in 6thsem last year.I want a admission in IIT after diploma.Am i Eligible for appearing JEE main exam-2015?
Can u give me reply on [email protected].
Thank you.
24th February 2015, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm studying 1st year in mechanical and automation engineering.can i get NIT for 2nd year?
12th March 2015, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission in b.tech 2nd year if i am still a student of b.tech 1st year
if yes suggest me good colleges and its procedure
28th December 2015, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

I am Sirshendu Biswas and I am a student of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in 3rd year... Can I take admission in 2nd year in NIT or IIT after completing diploma in Mechanical ?
14th April 2017, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

I had not completed my 12th class but I am going to complete diploma in computer science this year. Please tell whether i am eligible for jee mains or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?