30th July 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in B.Tech if I am a government employee?

iam a govt employ ,can itake admion 0n b-tech...please tell me my chances

19th October 2012, 08:16 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.Tech if I am a government employee?

Unfortunately being government employee means nothing when applying for the B.Tech course. It all depends on your performance in the entrance exams. Now I don't know what is your qualification and the age but still I will do my best to help you out.

To apply for B.Tech you will have to appear for entrance exams. You can either apply for All India exam like ISEET or state level exams like UPSEE. There is also an option to appear for private engineering colleges exams like BITSAT. This purely depends on you.

The best option would be ISEET entrance exam especially if you are seeking admisison in IIT or NIT.

Eligibility

1. Must pass 12th standard with PCM as the subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th standard.

The requirement for other exams are also similar but one thing you should look out for is age limit. The requirement is different for each exam. Mainly you can not appear for entrance exam 2-3 years after completing 12th. Therefore this is something you will have to look out for.

If you performed well in Engineering entrance exam then you will get admission in college. There are reservations for SC/ST/OBC/PH/PD but no such reservation is offered to government employees. You will have to seek admission under general category unless you are from a reserve category.
7th November 2013, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

when i should fill up bits exam form in which month it will be conducted i am learning in 12th standared in science group
7th November 2013, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Tell me about bits exam for science branch
19th March 2015, 03:38 AM
Ronie0309

There is no such constraint or an advantage that is given to you only because you are a government employee and do not work in the private sector.

The only criteria you will have to look out for is the age limit which depends completely on the universities you want to get into.
24th May 2022, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

presently is am 47 and also a government servant can i do a b. etch from any private university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?