22nd May 2012, 08:12 PM
pathyraghuu

Can I take B.Tech Biotech after completing HSc with Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology

i completed HSC with physics,chemistry,botany,zoolofy (pire science),can i take B.Tec bio technology?

31st August 2012, 02:38 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take B.Tech Biotech after completing HSc with Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyraghuu View Post
i completed HSC with physics,chemistry,botany,zoolofy (pire science),can i take B.Tec bio technology?

Candidate who have passed the +2 level of examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Botany and Zoology, are eligible to pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology. However, one must have scored a minimum aggregate of marks in this group [PCB] as prescribed by the University or Institute of concern. The duration of the program is four years and admission is through entrance examinations.

Following are the list of Universities offering B.Tech in Biotechnology with admission criteria:

SRM University - 70% aggregate marks [PCB/M] - Admission : Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by SRM University.

Lovely Professional University - 70% aggregate in +2 [ those who scored more than 50% aggregate needs to have a valid score in LPU NEAT - UG / AIEEE / State Level Entrance Test / SAT. - Physics, Chemistry and English/Computer Science.

IIT Guwahati: The Department of Biotechnology - Admission through IIT JEE.

Amity Institute of Biotechnology - 60% aggregate in class X & XII - 60% in PCB/M.

For detail information, refer to the official website.
27th August 2013, 05:41 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take B.Tech Biotech after completing HSc with Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology

Yes, you are eligible, since you have studied PCB as subjects in HSC. Certain Universities like Karunya University, SRM, etc prefer candidates having studied PCM/B as subjects. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune admits candidates with at least 45% marks in HSC. Admission is done on the basis of All India Biotechnology Common Entrance Test (AIBTCET). Other national/University level entrance examinations are also conducted for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?