7th February 2013, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I take direct admission in IPCC after completing graduation

can i take direct admission in ipcc,having completed graduation?

30th August 2013, 07:18 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take direct admission in IPCC after completing graduation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can get direct admission in the IPCC Stage of the CA course after completion of B.COM and get exemption from CPT Stage if you meet the below conditions

Commerce Graduates needs to score minimum aggregate of 55% marks in B.COM to get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams.

A candidates can get exemption from giving the CPT exams if he/she has studied atleast 3 papers from the below list of papers.
Accounting,
Auditing,
Mercantile Laws,
Corporate Laws,
Economics,
Management including Financial Management,
Taxation including Direct Tax Laws, Indirect Tax Laws etc.,
Costing,
Business Administration,
Management Accounting
31st August 2013, 10:08 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

While earlier anyone regardless of the qualification had to take the Common Proficiency Test, things have changed in recent past. ICAI has brought a new rule which could given exemption to graduates from appearing for the Common Proficiency Test.

However this relaxation is not given to every candidate who has completed graduation. But only to the ones who are meeting marks criteria in the graduation course.

CPT Exemption

1. Must have 55% marks in the Commerce graduation.

2. 60% marks in non commerce graduation.

3. There is no relaxation.

So please see whether you are eligible for the exemption from Common Proficiency Test or not. In case you are not eligible for exemption then it will be necessary for you to apply for the first stage of CA course called Common Proficiency Test.

Common Proficiency Test is conducted in June and December of every year. There are basically 2 sections in the test. Each has 2 subjects. To clear the Common Proficiency Test, you will have to score 30% marks in each of the 2 sections.

CPT Exam Pattern

1. Fundamentals of Accounting

2. Mercantile Laws

3. Economics

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Whether you have to appear for Common Proficiency Test or not. The next step is IPCC course. It is same through both procedures. Those who are eligible for exemption get direct entry for IPCC.

In the IPCC course the candidate has to study for 9 months after which he/she can given group 1 of examinations. This is followed by registering for the articleship and completing the second group exams. During the course of articleship you can appear for Final course after completing 30 months of articleship.
31st August 2013, 12:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes Graduates can take direct admission into CA IPCC but they have to fulfill some conditions which is laid by ICAI. The conditions are given below and you can make your decision according to it.

-Candidates with Graduation in Commerce with 55% marks are exempted from CPT.

-Candidates with Graduation in Non Commerce subjects with 60% marks are exempted from CPT.

So if you fulfill any one of the above condition then you can directly apply for IPCC.

You haven't mentioned your Graduation percentage so i can't give the verdict straight away. But if you have got 60% or above in Graduation then nobody can stop your from applying for CA IPCC directly.

If you do not fulfill any of the above conditions then you have to appear for CA CPT which is the first stage for CA course after 12th. After passing CPT you will become eligible for CA IPCC.

For more information visit http://www.icai.org
31st August 2013, 08:33 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hi,

Yes, you can take direct admission in IPCC if, you have completed B.Com and get exemption from CPT exam.

IPCC is only for commerce graduates. Through IPCC, a B.Com. graduate can get direct admission in intermediate level of CA course.

Eligibility to join IPCC programme ~~

You should be B.Com graduate .

You should have scored minimum 55% aggregate marks.

You should have studied at least three of any of these papers in B.com –

Accounting
Auditing
Mercantile laws
Corporate Laws
Economics
Taxation
Business Administration
Financial management
Management Accounting
31st August 2013, 09:48 PM
EDISONEDWIN

Yes but payment.
31st August 2013, 10:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
Yes,you can take direct admission into the IPCC course without appearing for the CPT exam if you have completed your graduation.The candidates will get exemption from writing the CPT exam if they had completed their graduation in non-commerce stream should have a minimum of 60% and if they had completed their graduation in commerce stream should have a minimum of 55% in their graduation degree.

After completing your IPCC course you need to do articleship training and afterwards then you are eligible to appear for the final CA exam.

Thank You
31st August 2013, 10:41 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes,as you have completed your bachelor degree course you will be eligible to take admission in IPCC(Intermediate Course).Total duration of this course is 9 months and it also include 100 hours of Training program-me after completing this course.

The Eligibility conditions which you have to fulfilled for taking admission in IPCC Course.These are :

~If you have completed your Bachelor degree course with Commerce as Honors Paper,then your minimum marks should be 50% in Bachelor degree course.
~If you are a Non Commerce Graduate Candidate then your minimum marks in Bachelor degree course is 55%.

Quote:
If you have passed the CPT exam conducted by ICWA and having a Bachelor degree in any discipline will make you eligible to take admission in this course.
This course is divided into two groups and for getting pass in IPCC Exam your minimum marks in IPCC Final exam should be 50% in each group and there should be a minimum of 40% marks in each paper.

Syllabus details for each group is as follows :

Papers of Group I
  • Financial Accounting.
  • Laws,Ethics and Governance.
  • Direct Taxation.
  • Cost Accounting and Financial Management.
Papers for Group II
  • Operation Management and Information System.
  • Cost and Management Accountancy.
  • Indirect Taxation.
  • Company Accounts and Audit.
1st September 2013, 01:36 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

Yes it is possible to skip the Common Proficiency Test and instead directly take admission for the IPCC course. However under the rules of ICAI, it can only be done if you meet the specific requirement. The requirement is percentage of marks in the graduation course.

Exemption Criteria

1. You should have 55 percent marks in Commerce graduation.

2. Non Commerce graduates should have 60 percent marks.

Now if you can complete the Bachelor of Commerce course with 55 percent marks, then you can apply directly for the IPCC. Otherwise you should appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

The Common Proficiency Test is conducted in June and December only. There are two sections in the Common Proficiency Test.

Group 1

Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
Mercantile Laws (40 marks)

Group 2

Economics(50 Marks)
Quantitative Aptitude(50 Marks)

You need to score 30 percent marks in each section to clear the Common Proficiency Test after that you can take admission for the IPCC. Then after 9 months of study you can give first group exams of IPCC.

After clearing the first group you should apply for the 3 years Articleship which should be followed by second group of IPCC. The final course can be given after completing 30 months of articleship.

All the best............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?