4th August 2013, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Can I take direct admission in IPCC after passing 3rd year?

3rd year student can take direct admission on ipcc....please send to me the details

4th August 2013, 12:01 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I take direct admission in IPCC after passing 3rd year?

hello dear,

as you passed 3rd your you can directly go for ipcc but the only condition is that if you are a commerce graduate then you must have to get minimum 55% in your graduation ,

or if you are a science or other than commerce graduate then you must have 60% minimum to get dirct entry to ipcc,

if you fulfill the criteria then you can get dirctly registered to ipcc without cpt, if you get registerd for ipcc then you have to go for itt training and then join articleship,

for more plz visit- icai.org
4th August 2013, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 56% marks in B.com. can i take directly IPCC ?
4th August 2013, 01:27 PM
aashima27

Yes,
you can get direct admission in IPCC(Group -1) after completing your Graduation but
with certain conditions...

CONDITIONS...

As per the new rules of ICAI you can join in IPCC with the following qualification ;

If you belongs to commers background must have at least 55%.

And in case of Other graduations are must have at least60%.

If you have any above qualification you can join in IPCC course.

There are two ways to get admission in CA...

1.Through CPT (i.e CA entrance test)

2. Through GRADUATION

you will directly get addmision in CA after completing graduation , you don't need to go

through CPT ( i.e CA entrance test) after graduation.

There are the following stages in CA...

1. CPT or clearance of graduation with minimum marks required.

2. IPCC-1

3.IPCC-2

then 2.5 years of certified INTERNSHIP is required in a company or under any registered CA.

4. FINAL

So in this way you can be a CA....
4th August 2013, 07:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You should have provided more details about the course you are doing. It would have made it quite easy to answer your question.

The answer quite simply is no. You will have to complete graduation. Being in 3rd year even if its final year does not allow you to get direct admission in the IPCC course. You will have to complete graduation and based on the performance you may get exemption from appearing for the Common Proficiency Test (CPT).

To get exemption and direct admission into IPCC, you will have to meet the following criteria:-

1. 55 percent marks in commerce graduation.

2. 60 percent marks in non commerce graduation.

There is no relaxation for OBC/SC/ST. All must meet the same criteria to get the exemption.

Now see for yourself whether you are eligible for exemption or not. If you are most certain to complete graduation with necessary marks then be assured of getting the exemption from appearing for the Common Proficiency Test.

But in case you are falling short of the percentage, then it is absoutely mandatory to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. I am afraid there isn't any rule that could get you exemption.

You will be able to appear for Common Proficiency Test in June and December. There are 4 subjects in the Common Proficiency Test.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude
5th August 2013, 07:59 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "ICAI" stands for Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of India. Recently the ICAI has made significant changes in CA Course.

Earlier , it was mandatory for each n every candidate to appear for the CPT [Common Proficiency Test] and have to pass the CPT to get admission in IPCC.

But from the year 2012 , this process has been changed a bit. Now,

Those candidates :

a) who have completed graduation with commerce stream with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to get admission directly into IPCC without giving the CPT.

b) who have completed graduation in non-commerce stream with a minimum of 60% marks are eligible to get admission directly into IPCC without giving the CPT.

Also , i am not 100% sure about which course you are currently pursuing , as if you have passed the 3rd year of the normal graduation course , then you can get admission in IPCC if you have secured the minimum required marks.

However , if you are an engineering student or some other stream student and have passed the 3rd year , then you cannot get admission in IPCC as even final year candidates cannot get admission.

You need to complete graduation first in any case to get admission in the same.

Also, No type of relaxation is given to any candidate as the eligibility criteria remains the same for all candidates.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?