11th September 2011, 07:34 PM
g2g

Can a seafarer with captain licence pursue MBA in shipping? Names of the institutes conducting MBA?

Can a seafarer with Captain licence can persue MBA in shipping?
What are the courses available, duration, fee and is it possible to study by correspondence.
Pls suggest me name of Institutes / University conducting MBA.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a seafarer with Captail license pursue MBA in Shipping? What are the courses available and duration of the course?
  2. How can I pursue MBA in Shipping and Logistics after graduation
  3. How to pursue MBA in shipping and logistics after my graduation
  4. How to pursue MBA in Shipping and Logistics? I am a SYB.Com student
  5. Which are the MBA institutes other than IIMs where I can get good placements?
  6. What is Shipping MBA and what is the scope in it? Educational qualifications and institutes in India offering Shipping MBA? How much is the fee structure and salary?
  7. Are there any MBA institutes where I can enroll myself for MBA?
  8. Top institutes in India conducting MBA in Rural Management? Which are the entrance exams for MBA in Rural Management? Is MAT sufficient for admission in those institutes?
  9. Best Institutes for MBA in Shipping & Logistics? Career Prospects of this course?
  10. Is it beneficial to study MBA if being a 24 years of B.Com student? -- [New]
  11. Is it necessary to qualify CAT or other management exam to pursue MBA in Shipping Management in IIT KGP?
  12. Is there any MBA college where I can enroll for MBA course without writing entrance exam?
  13. Institutes offering course in MBA in Logistics and Shipping or Operations?
  14. Fee structure for IGNOU undergraduate courses?
  15. Best colleges offering MBA in Shipping and Logistics Management? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Eligibility and courses available for pursue MBA in Shipping? What is the procedure for the same?
  17. Does a degree student of any stream can pursue MBA programme?
  18. Is PG diploma without approval of AICTE acceptable?
20th April 2012, 08:17 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a seafarer with captain licence pursue MBA in shipping? Names of the institutes conducting MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2g View Post
Can a seafarer with Captain licence can persue MBA in shipping?
What are the courses available, duration, fee and is it possible to study by correspondence.
Pls suggest me name of Institutes / University conducting MBA.
Candidate seeking for Master of Business Administration [MBA] in Shipping, through correspondence mode, may look to opt for AMET University. The Academy of Maritime Education and Training [AMET] offers MBA in Shipping and Logistic through distance mode. In order to be eligible of the program candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

Must have completed the Bachelors degree program from a recognized University or Mariners must hold the following professional qualification obtained after a minimum duration of study-cum-training of 6 years after the +2 level leading to:
i]Master Foreign Going Certificate of Competency
ii] First Class Motor or Steam or Combined [Chief Engineer] Certificate of Competency issued by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India or its counterparts in other countries.
The minimum duration of the program is two years , whereas it can extend up to 8 years. The fee for the program costs Rs. 30,000 per year.

For detail information one may refer to the following link.
Academy of Maritime Education and Training [AMET].
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?