7th September 2010, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Career After B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration)

Respected Sir / Madame,

I had completed my regular B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) from
University of Rajasthan ( Jaipur ) in the Year 2006, with aggregate 51% Marks
In all those Subjects which are related to Management & also with Computer
Fundamental as a compulsory Subject.

Currently from 7th December 2007 Onwards, I am working in a
K.K. Birla Group, Employer :- Sutlej Textile & Industries Ltd, ( Unit :- Rajasthan
Textile Mills ) in Costing / Excise Department as a Junior Clerk & Performing
Following duties such as :-

A) Cost Record Working :- All those cost which are incurred by the Unit through
different Departments is being maintained through
Computer, For the purpose of Cost Sheet.

B) Export Licence Working :- All the export done through EPCG. Licence in
terms of Yarn Export Vie. Shipping Bill & BRC.
is being maintained through Computer, For the
Purpose of Endorsement working.

C) Other Working :- All other working such as bill wise duty entry
etc. which are related to Excise department as
per requirenment.

As a Junior Clerk I have gained good experience in Computers such as :-
MS. Office i.e MS. Excel , MS. Word , SAP , Outlook Express , Internet Browsing etc.

Currently for the above mentioned post my Currently Monthly Earning is approx
7000 /- ( Including PF. + Bonus + Perks etc. )

After all the above mentioned details , I want to mentioned one more thing about
my Physical Condition , that I am a Physically Handicap Person. As a Physically
Orthopadically Handicap Person I can perform all those duties which are performed
In a routine office and my personal preference is for Desk Job.

Having a regular degree of B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) & Also having
good experience in Administration & Also having good exposure in Computers & As a
Physically Orthopadically Handicap Person , I want to know that how can I enhance my Career forward for better future.

So with due respect Sir / Madame please provide me your good suggestions & kindly
Guide me for the above mentioned query for my brighter future. So please consider
your Views & suggestions on my E - Mail Id . Therefore I will be ever great full to you. Hoping Positive response from your side.

( Thank You )

7th September 2010, 09:06 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Career After B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration)

HI!

Though you are working in a reputed company & having good experience in administration your opportunities are limited because you does not hold a masters degree in management (MBA/PGDBM)

So to increase your opportunity for career growth & advancement it is better to pursue MBA from a reputed institute. For enrolling yourself in MBA you need to appear in various management entrance exam like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP etc.

If you do not want to do leave your job n pursue regular MBA course, then you also have the option of doing part time MBA program. Many companies support their employees in pursuing MBA. Find out the HR policy of your company & see if it is one among those companies.

An MBA degree will increase your job prospects manifold. Your salary will also get double & the promotional prospects are also quite high.
7th September 2010, 09:55 PM
nuzhat fathima

Hi after you bba you could do any masters degree like mba or mca.or llb.if you cant manage to go to a college then you can do tese courses by correspondence and work while you learn.
7th September 2010, 10:09 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

BBA is good but I think to build up your career in a stronger point of view...Its not enough...You also need to do a masters degree MBA for your promotions in various sectors....But if you are self satisfied..then you can Stop with BBA
7th September 2010, 10:12 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

First of all let me appreciate you for such a well written mail with all the necessary details. I can see that you have acquired good amount of work experience and my suggestion for you will be to look at having MBA by distance learning as an option. Once you have MBA you can look for manager job profiles and with your experience, it would help you very much. Also you can try for government jobs, but not sure about your age since PSC tests may have some age limits. There will be some reservation for you and many of them will have desk jobs and no need of transfers too.
7th September 2010, 10:46 PM
chaitu667

Hello sir!

Great that you have completed your BBA back in 2006 and now willing to know about the future career. I suggest you to do MBA and there after you have many more career options. You can earn more that you are earning now at present or else you can open your new bussiness.

You have different skills, so I think you are good at management also. so please try to do MBA and there after work for a company or else open a new bussiness.

Good luck!
7th September 2010, 11:07 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

As you have completed,I will say you first that you should complete your MBA degree in any course such as marketing,
in any branch as your wish,because as you are physically handicapped,there are so many institutes for you

some important colleges are as follows:

1:Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Mumbai, Maharashtra
2:Naralkar Institute Of Career Development And Research - Pune, Maharashtra.
3:J.M. Institute of Speech and Hearing - Patna, Bihar,
4:National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research - Cuttack, Orissa etc...

Then you will gain a good knowledge as well as very good quality experience.

Otherwise,as you have some computer knowledge such as MS-Excel , MS-Word , SAP , Outlook Express , Internet Browsing etc... then you can get chance in Govt sector through PH(Physically Handicapped) quota.

Dear Friend, as you have work experience in job,then you can apply for IT sector's MNCs,
But,it is not sure that you may get any chance in those high profiled MNCs like TCS,CTS,Infosys,Wipro,IBM,HCL etc...

Good luck.
7th September 2010, 11:43 PM
robart
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Career After B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration)

dear friend,

i am very happy to see your courage.you are very hardworking man.keep it up.
as you have gained lot of jobs experience.so it will benefit you lot for your future jobs.

you can join government jobs in which you will get reservation of physical handicapped person.

you can join Indian banks also as an officer.

you can apply for different reputed companies.because maximum reputed companies requires experienced person like you.you have good experience of management jobs, computer works, auditing etc.

definitely you will get jobs.wishing for your prosperous future....

good luck.
8th September 2010, 02:49 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
No doubt your degree BBA as well as your work experience is very appreciable & on the basis of your job experience you will easily get another better job.

But , i would like to suggest you to do MBA which will sharply enhance your career, as well as your job prospect also.

Kindly appear in various exam like CAT,MAT,XAT,GMAT etc.

& after cracking these exams you can get admission in various reputed institutes like IIMs, XLRI,FMS etc.
& for admission in XLRI a candidate must have 2 year work experience & as you have some job experience then it will better for you.

good luck.
8th September 2010, 03:04 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
No doubt your degree BBA as well as your work experience is very appreciable & on the basis of your job experience you will easily get another better job.

But , i would like to suggest you to do MBA which will sharply enhance your career, as well as your job prospect also.

& after cracking these exams you can get admission in various reputed institutes like IIMs, XLRI,FMS etc.
& for admission in XLRI a candidate must have 2 year work experience & as you have some job experience then it will better for you.

good luck.
8th September 2010, 08:49 AM
meeria

As you have completed BBA ,I think you should complete your MBA degree in any course such as marketing,finance ,HR..............etc
in any branch as your wish,because as you are physically handicapped,there are so many institutes for you

some important colleges are as follows:

1:Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Mumbai, Maharashtra
2:Naralkar Institute Of Career Development And Research - Pune, Maharashtra.
3:J.M. Institute of Speech and Hearing - Patna, Bihar,
4:National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research - Cuttack, Orissa etc...

Then you will gain a good knowledge as well as very good quality experience.

Otherwise,as you have some computer knowledge such as C.C++,JAVA......

Dear Friend, as you have work experience in job,then you can apply for IT sector's MNCs,
But,you may get any chance in those company like TCS,CTS,Infosys,Wipro,IBM,HCL

all the best
8th September 2010, 11:17 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

I am very pleased to know that inspite of odd situation ,you are doing excellent in your

life. You have a potential to do outstanding performance in your field.

Friend , I will advice you that you should prepare for the exam like CAT, XAT, MAT ,

ATMA. Surely ,you get success,and after doing MBA from a good management colleges

you will be reach at top of a good company.Friend , I want to inform you that in above

exam there is reservation for physically handicapped person.So go for it.

If you do not want to give up your job then you can also do MBA from Distance

education program. It will also beneficial for your career.

Best of luck
8th September 2010, 12:41 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

HI
I happy to see that you are a B.B.A. passout candident and you have a good knowleage. you care take your carrier .
I suggess. you that the career after b.b.a is now impoosible in fast ruuning world . so you take M.B.A. . if you not interest in mba then you take preparition for I.A.S., I.P.S.,I.F.S., exam. now if you not inster. in this exam so your computer exprission is good . so you take m.c.m. in computer .if you got m.c.m., your education is high leavel and you get easily gob.
BUT i sugg. you take M.B.A. throu cat exam. if youn take m.b.a. degree . so you got easily job in very good salary.
so you live careefully..
thanks.
8th September 2010, 01:40 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

now you have so many option. you can go for a good job in any other large company.
you may choose to do MBA from correspondence.
you may open your own business
you can teach in any college
you may appear in many competitive exam for further studies
choose the best one suitable for your carrier. best of luck.
8th September 2010, 03:39 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir / Madame,

I had completed my regular B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) from
University of Rajasthan ( Jaipur ) in the Year 2006, with aggregate 51% Marks
In all those Subjects which are related to Management & also with Computer
Fundamental as a compulsory Subject.

Currently from 7th December 2007 Onwards, I am working in a
K.K. Birla Group, Employer :- Sutlej Textile & Industries Ltd, ( Unit :- Rajasthan
Textile Mills ) in Costing / Excise Department as a Junior Clerk & Performing
Following duties such as :-

A) Cost Record Working :- All those cost which are incurred by the Unit through
different Departments is being maintained through
Computer, For the purpose of Cost Sheet.

B) Export Licence Working :- All the export done through EPCG. Licence in
terms of Yarn Export Vie. Shipping Bill & BRC.
is being maintained through Computer, For the
Purpose of Endorsement working.

C) Other Working :- All other working such as bill wise duty entry
etc. which are related to Excise department as
per requirenment.

As a Junior Clerk I have gained good experience in Computers such as :-
MS. Office i.e MS. Excel , MS. Word , SAP , Outlook Express , Internet Browsing etc.

Currently for the above mentioned post my Currently Monthly Earning is approx
7000 /- ( Including PF. + Bonus + Perks etc. )

After all the above mentioned details , I want to mentioned one more thing about
my Physical Condition , that I am a Physically Handicap Person. As a Physically
Orthopadically Handicap Person I can perform all those duties which are performed
In a routine office and my personal preference is for Desk Job.

Having a regular degree of B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) & Also having
good experience in Administration & Also having good exposure in Computers & As a
Physically Orthopadically Handicap Person , I want to know that how can I enhance my Career forward for better future.

So with due respect Sir / Madame please provide me your good suggestions & kindly
Guide me for the above mentioned query for my brighter future. So please consider
your Views & suggestions on my E - Mail Id . Therefore I will be ever great full to you. Hoping Positive response from your side.

( Thank You )

BBA has a very good career scope all over India and BBA freshers are earning very smoothly in management sectors.

So, Having a regular degree of B.B.A. & Also having good experience in Administration & Also having good exposure in Computers you are really very eligible person for the following :-
1) Job Opportunities :
you have the option of joining as a Management Trainee / Executive Trainee in any of the following sectors :-
a) Banking, Consultancy, Finance, e.g.: Citibank, HSBC, FMCG etc.
b) Consumer Durable companies, e.g.: HUL, P&G, Marico, etc.
c) Advertising agencies, e.g.: JWT, Lintas, Mudra, O & M, Leo Burnett

2) Educational Career :-
You can go for MBA as MBA is a program which enables you having a prior knowledge of different aspects of management and also earn a huge amount of money.
8th September 2010, 06:22 PM
monu1

BBA builds up a lot of your soft skill, while other degrees may build up your tehnical skill. I graduated from BBA and in retrospect, I would have gone on to do a technical degree (engineering for instance) because knowledge acquired in BBA is generic and can be done through self study.

Notwithstanding, BBA has good career options, depending on what majors you do. You can work in banks, financial insitutions, corporates, marketing, creative, operations, civil service, etc etc... a host of options.
The best course to study is the one that leads to your overall career goals and objectives. Thus, I would imagine you do not have anything specific at this time. So many individuals enroll in college programs without a specific goal in mind. As such, many become miserable in their work which is not good for them, or their employer. If you want to be successful in your work and life, carefully consider the following.

To be successful in your work, you must acquire a vision. A vision is a clearly articulated picture of the future you intend to create for yourself. In other words, it's a dream. However, if the dream does not have direction, it will always remain a dream and will never become a reality for you. That vision should create a passion within you, a love for what you do and the benefit it brings others as well as yourself. Make sure the vision is specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and tangible. Let us look at this closer. When you believe you have chosen an appropriate career goal, look at it in SMART fashion as follows.

* Specific - Make sure your career goal is very specific. For example, "I would like to be a teacher," is not specific. "I would like to be a high school biology teacher in New Jersey (USA) in an urban school by 2012" is.
* Measurable - Make sure you can measure your progress. How will I know I am progressing in the right direction? This is where the development of short-term objectives comes in (discussed below). You will know you are on the right path as you accomplish each short -term objective.
* Achievable - Is the goal achievable considering my current life situation and circumstances?
* Realistic - Is what I want to do really realistic. For example, "I would like to be a middle weight boxing champion, and I am 63 years old." That is not realistic.
* Tangible - What will I - specifically - have at the end? What will I be (exactly)? It must be very specific.

Once you have that vision your path will become clear. Still, you will need a mentor, counselor, or coach who will be able to help you develop a road map embedded with short term objectives leading to your overall career overall goals and objectives. The achievement of short-term objectives will indicate you are moving in the correct direction, and will also give you energy and excitement to carry on towards your overall career goal. It will take some research, but you most likely have some ideas already. Follow them through, look at the nature of the field, the everyday routine, the required education, the salary, the occupational demand and the related fields. When a career sparks an interest, try to shadow an individual who is actually doing what you think you might like to do. You can pick up valuable information this way. Thus, the following.

* Acquire the will to change circumstances.
* Acquire the vision (dream).
* Develop a road-map embedded with short-term objectives leading to your overall goal and objective.
* Just do it and do not let go until it becomes a reality
all the best
8th September 2010, 06:27 PM
monu1

Hi, with a BBA under your belt, you could consider options in Management, Accounting, Media, Hospitality, IT, Academics, Social Work , animation, and Law, to name a few. All these choices will require a post graduate degree in that area like an MBA for Management or a Mass Comm. degree for Media. the course you opt for should depend upon your interests, strengths and career goals. Incase you need any details on any specific career please do let us know. The best course to study is the one that leads to your overall career goals and objectives. Thus, I would imagine you do not have anything specific at this time. So many individuals enroll in college programs without a specific goal in mind. As such, many become miserable in their work which is not good for them, or their employer. If you want to be successful in your work and life, carefully consider the following.

To be successful in your work, you must acquire a vision. A vision is a clearly articulated picture of the future you intend to create for yourself. In other words, it's a dream. However, if the dream does not have direction, it will always remain a dream and will never become a reality for you. That vision should create a passion within you, a love for what you do and the benefit it brings others as well as yourself. Make sure the vision is specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and tangible. Let us look at this closer. When you believe you have chosen an appropriate career goal, look at it in SMART fashion as follows.

* Specific - Make sure your career goal is very specific. For example, "I would like to be a teacher," is not specific. "I would like to be a high school biology teacher in New Jersey (USA) in an urban school by 2012" is.
* Measurable - Make sure you can measure your progress. How will I know I am progressing in the right direction? This is where the development of short-term objectives comes in (discussed below). You will know you are on the right path as you accomplish each short -term objective.
* Achievable - Is the goal achievable considering my current life situation and circumstances?
* Realistic - Is what I want to do really realistic. For example, "I would like to be a middle weight boxing champion, and I am 63 years old." That is not realistic.
* Tangible - What will I - specifically - have at the end? What will I be (exactly)? It must be very specific.

Once you have that vision your path will become clear. Still, you will need a mentor, counselor, or coach who will be able to help you develop a road map embedded with short term objectives leading to your overall career overall goals and objectives. The achievement of short-term objectives will indicate you are moving in the correct direction, and will also give you energy and excitement to carry on towards your overall career goal. It will take some research, but you most likely have some ideas already. Follow them through, look at the nature of the field, the everyday routine, the required education, the salary, the occupational demand and the related fields. When a career sparks an interest, try to shadow an individual who is actually doing what you think you might like to do. You can pick up valuable information this way. Thus, the following.

* Acquire the will to change circumstances.
* Acquire the vision (dream).
* Develop a road-map embedded with short-term objectives leading to your overall goal and objective.
* Just do it and do not let go until it becomes a reality.
8th September 2010, 06:51 PM
KHAN20

dear friend,
as per my opinion u can do jobs after BBA or for more salary and high post u have to give CAT,MAT etc exam for doing MBA.because there r so many jobs option in MBA.u can go privatesector or as well as govt. sector.for u MBA courses r
1.financial management.
2.business & accounting.
3.marketing management.
4.industrial management.
etc.
to know jobs related information u can follow newspapes like employment news etc.or u can search web site like www.freshersworld.com,www.monsterjob.com,www.nokri .com.etc.
for ur various private companies r
1.PHILIPS
2.LG
3.GODREJ
4.ONIDA
5.SAMSUNG
etc
for ur govt. sector jobs r
1.BANK.
2.P.O
etc
so take decission & make ur bright future.
good luck.
8th September 2010, 11:32 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

after BBA you will get good jobs but not much salary.

so i will suggest you to go for a complete education . so go for MBA.

After that you will get good salary as compared to BBA.

all the best.
9th September 2010, 01:50 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Firstly i would like to accolade you about your posted thread. I havent seen such a post tilll my joining of this forum. It is so elaborative, summarised and well understood. I am really surprised with this type of language that you have used in your post. It directly shows that you really have got a good experience in company of more than two and a half years.

In your case, since you have done only BBA with only 51% marks, i would suggest you to do management trainee but your marks are short(60%) from them. The only suggestion left is the while working join some correspondence course of MBA like from IGNOU. IGNOU MBA correspondence wont cost you more than Rs.10000 per year.
Never think that you are physically handicapped , you are much better than those people who do not take interest in their lives and are completely physically fit.
One option is also there for you that you can join BPO or call centre. It will give a opportunity to earn better(upto 25K). It is also a sitting job and they(company) provide accomodations for it.
As you mentioned in your detail that you also know SAP. SAP has become vibrant field now a days. SAP trained professionals are directly recruited for solutions.
13th September 2010, 10:16 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend.........

Choose anyone of the following.......
1.MBA---if you choose this then obviously i think you will be beneficial
because if you complete this one you will get chance to
take any kind of job in different multinational companies
like....TCS ,Wipro ,Infosys , Tech-mahindra etc.....
There is a chance to get different kind of job in different Banks
like...Axis , Standard Chattard Bank, ICICI etc ....

2.MCA---if you want to go in computer science line then choose it , it will be benificial to you .

3. M.Tech.---- Otherwise choose this option if you awnt to go in teaching line..

option open with you....

good luck........
23rd September 2010, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,i am pursuing my bba 3rd year from gju(hissar).I want to do mba through Xat,snap cet,or atma.and my final year exam is scheduled in may.please tell me i am eligible for these exams this year or not.please reply soon.
24th September 2010, 12:24 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

after your B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration)
, you can do many courses.

but main benificial courses are given below

1.MBA.

if you have math in 12th

then you can also do mca.

all the best.......
20th June 2011, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

best salary part time job in surat
26th August 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

if we do job after bba for get some expereance how it is?
18th October 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

if we do job after bba but not any experiance
22nd October 2011, 12:28 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

dear friend,

good luck.
24th October 2011, 05:43 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA) is very good degree recently.All company like:TCS,CTS,IBM,Infosys,Satyam etc.BBA,MBA candidates for Management / Marketing etc.You can go for it.

Otherwise,you can go for your higher studies MBA.Definitely you can study MBA if you have commerce in 12th,Math is not so much essential,as you have commerce.

then after completing the BBA you can sit one of the following:

The best exam for the MBA is Common Admission Test(CAT).
beside this exam :

1.CMAT : Calibre Management Aptitude Test

2. EMAT : Electronic Management Aptitude Test

3. GMAT : Graduate Management Admission Test

4.JEMAT : Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test

5.SNAP : Symbiosis National Aptitude Test

best of luck.
26th November 2011, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

my frnd studyin bba now he is in his final semister wit 75% and due to some reasons he couldnt go for cat dis year and he is very talented wit high potential but he thinkin he lost his career can u sugggest wat he can do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?