27th December 2010, 08:07 PM
dr pravin

Career options left after completing BDS except MDS or Clinical Practice?

hi,
im doing BDS. Im not interested in MDS or clinical practice. what career options are left for me in India or abroad ?

8th March 2011, 05:00 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career options left after completing BDS except MDS or Clinical Practice?

Hello friend,
BDS do not leave you with many options. Some of the career prospects after BDS are as follows.
You can join government hospitals.
You may crack UPSC examination to get into Army dental corp which also includes Indian Navy through short service commission, provided you score a minimum of 60% in your final BDS exam and you must possess 1year rotary internship recognised by DCI and a permanent dental registration certificate.
Therefore, to have a successful career you must go for MDS or any masters degree program in related field.
16th March 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career options left after completing BDS except MDS or Clinical Practice?

Wt 2 do for UPSC Xm?
16th March 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

is there nothing left if i have less than 60%?
15th April 2011, 11:59 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hi dear friend ,
BDS do not leave you with many options. Some of the career prospects after BDS are as follows.
You can join government hospitals.
You may crack UPSC examination to get into Army dental corp which also includes Indian Navy through short service commission, provided you score a minimum of 60% in your final BDS exam and you must possess 1year rotary internship recognised by DCI and a permanent dental registration certificate.
Therefore, to have a successful career you must go for MDS or any masters degree program in related field.
19th April 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i want to do a course in forensic dentistry...can u help me with the colleges in india which have this course...and do let me know what is the scope for this....
11th November 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

i m doing bds should i prepare for mbbs
16th June 2012, 01:44 PM
romi_bal

You don't have to worry because you have lot of options after B.D.S.
Dental departments in hospitals,nursing homes need the services of dentists.
You can also self employ urself by private practise.There are various other resourses like Dental Hygienist Certificate Course,Dental Mechanist Certificate Course,Diploma Course in Dental Assistance.But these will not provide you with P.G degree.
anyway doing M.D.S is the best choice after B.D.S.
All the best...
21st February 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

can i become a lecturer or proffesor after doing my bdsand md
25th July 2013, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

m in final yr bds i want to do diploma in forensic plz tel me the scope of forensic odonology in india
5th November 2013, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

Dude .. Sorry no one here is helping out .. y dont u try Google .. ur best friend will surely help u out
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?