8th January 2018, 03:49 PM
seemaginu

Chances of getting admission in MBBS after passing 12th from NIOS board?

After completing NIOS 12th Science can I get admission for MBBS in medical colleges of India? Whether NIOS board is valid or not?

Related Questions:
11th January 2018, 07:02 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Chances of getting admission in MBBS after passing 12th from NIOS board?

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery and it is five year duration course.

To get admission in course you have to appear and qualify in NEET or AIIMS entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

It is requisite that candidate must have attained minimum 50% and 17 years as on 31 December of year of appearing for examination.

Yes, candidates passed 12th from NIOS are eligible to appear in examination as NIOS is a recognised board under MHRD.

For any query for NEET examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
11th January 2018, 11:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances of getting admission in MBBS after passing 12th from NIOS board?

NIOS refers to National Institute of Open Schooling and same is one of the three national board of education in India apart from CBSE and ICSE and therefore the degree/certificates provided by same board is valid for any job or higher studies courses.

So you are certainly eligible for pursuing MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) if you have completed your Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% marks ( 40% in case of reserved category candidates ) which is the minimum requirement for pursuing MBBS degree course.

Further for pursuing MBBS from a medical college of India you need to qualify anyone of three mentioned entrance examinations which are NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ), AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, JIPMER MBBS entrance examination and for details regarding these entrance examination you can refer to their respective official links.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?