15th August 2010, 12:00 AM
tanvee

Colleges in Delhi University having MA in Economics course apart from DSE?

Hi
I seek to inquire if any college in Delhi University (other than DSE) has this course.
Is the admission to this course rank-based or does securing a cutoff in terms of certain absolute marks suffice?
Is there a group discussion or personal interview round for those clearing the entrance exam

Related Questions:
  1. Should I have to qualify DU DSE to study M.A.(Economics) in Delhi University?
  2. How can I prepare to crack DU DSE to get admission in M.A.(Economics) course?
  3. When DU DSE will be conducted for M.A.(Economics) admission? Eligibility to apply?
  4. Eligibility criteria and qualification required to study M.A.(Economics) in Delhi School of Economics?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for DU DSE M.A.(Economics) if secured 60% in B.Sc(Economics)?
  6. Names of best Coaching classes in Pune, Chennai and Delhi for the preparation of M.Sc Economics entrance exam? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to study regular M.Com in DSE being a correspondence B.Com graduate of Delhi University?
  8. How to prepare for M.Sc in MA Economics Or International Relations entrance exam of DSE?
  9. What should I do to clear the MA Economics entrance exam of DSE? More information about International Relations subject?
  10. Syllabus of M.Com entrance exam of DSE College?
  11. When will be the results of MA Economics Entrance exam of JNU? Career options if unqualified in ISI,JNU,MSE for DSE seat?
  12. Am I eligible to do graduation in Economics from Delhi University after completion of 12th commerce?
  13. Is it possible to pursue M.A in Economics for B.Com graduates in DSE/DOE?
  14. Last 3 years question papers of M.A Economics in DSE?
  15. What is the age limit in DSC for OC candidate?
  16. List of Delhi University affiliated colleges for B.A.(Economics) admission with 95.4% for 12th CBSE candidate?
  17. Economical courses which can be pursued after 12th?
  18. Eligibility to study Economics Honours in Delhi University for 12th PCM with Economics candidate? Best of 4 subjects considerable for admission?
15th August 2010, 11:04 AM
rohit_k

Default Re: Colleges in Delhi University having MA in Economics course apart from DSE?

yes friend delhi university can be provided your course......you can apply easily on the basis of merit list on the basis of entrance exam......
more detail www.du.in......
15th August 2010, 01:13 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

Default Re: Colleges in Delhi University having MA in Economics course apart from DSE?

dear frnd,

you can do master degree in DU in following colleges..

hindu college

kamla nehru college

saint stefens college

bhagat singh collefe.

etc.

all the best.
17th August 2010, 04:15 PM
Shagun Makin

Dear friend,
If we see then we will find that there are many colleges in DU for your course.
The admission is on the basis of cutoff marks only.
There is no GD and PI round for this.
I will consult you to go for Stephens or Hindu university.
BEST OF LUCK!!!
12th September 2010, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

is there an interview for dse ma course
15th November 2010, 10:45 PM
tirthak04

Dear friend, given below are the details of colleges other than DSE providing your desired course :

University of Delhi - Master of Arts (MA) - Economics

Course Title

MA Economics

Course Duration

2 years

Faculty / School / Department / Center offering the course

Department of Economics

Intake / Seats

Eligibility Criteria / Entry Requirements

The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 55%. The admission to the course is strictly on merit. The admission is on the basis of written test followed by an interview. Relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/CW candidates. Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply.

Mode of Admission

Based on an Entrance Test

Mode of Course

Semester

Entrance Test Details

Entrance test comprises of multiple choice questions and short analytical questions. The candidates are expected to have some familiarity with current economic problems with reference to Indian Economy and knowledge of mathematical and statistical tools.

Information about the courses provided here is partial and should not be treated as comprehensive. i.e The institution would be offering other course than those mentioned here. Students are advised to check with the intitution for the latest information in regard to the course.

Similar Courses offered by other Universities in India
The following is a partial list of courses similar to University of Delhi Master of Arts - Economics offered by other Universities in India

Jawaharlal Nehru University - Master of Arts (MA) - Economics (with specialization in the World Economy)
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) - Master of Arts (MA) - Economics
IGNOU - Master of Arts Economics (MEC)
16th January 2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Hello iam going to complete my graduation this year in B.A(vocational) from Delhi University and have secured till now 67%.
i wish to do masters from D.U regular.can you pls suggest the colleges which take admission on marks basis.
1st February 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

hi i am doing BBA and I want to do M.A. in economics from Delhi University. What will be the admission procedure
1st February 2011, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

i am doing BBA .now i want to do M.A.in economics from Delhi University. what am i eligiblie for same
6th February 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Is this possible to pursue master in economics for B.COM grads in delhi university?
19th February 2011, 07:29 PM
priya2242

Location: QR.NO-2RB-6/2,KALPANA FLAT,BHUBANESWAR-751014,ORISSA

dear frnd,
Colleges in Delhi University having MA in Economics course apart from DSE?

hello,

here r some info.

you can do master degree in DU in following colleges..

r.d clg
kamla nehru college

saint stefens college

bhagat singh collefe.

hindu clg

all d best

//priya//
21st February 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

pg form for economics
22nd February 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

can a simple B.com graduate apply for m.a. economics course at JNU?
23rd March 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

when r the forms for m.a eco out in delhi university?
28th March 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Does the DSE entrance goes for getting admission in all colleges of Delhi Univesity providing M.A in Economics? what about other colleges which do not come under DSE entrance Exam?? how is admission sought there?
14th April 2011, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

No..its specifically fr delhi school of economics..
25th April 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

I'M doing BA programme from DU wid eco nd maths as discipline subjects.i wanted to know if i'm eligible for DSE,igidr and isi?
26th April 2011, 06:40 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
thanks
11th May 2011, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

Ma in economics admission form fill up date?
11th May 2011, 10:38 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

You can easily get admission on merit basis.It is based on written test followed by an interview.

The following colleges provide MA in Economics under Delhi University:

-Aditi Mahavidyalaya
-Deshbandhu College
-Hans Raj College
-Ramjas College
-Shivaji College
-Shri Ram College of Commerce
-St. Stephen’s College
31st May 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

what is minimum percentage that you have to secure in graduation for applying in masters
31st May 2011, 06:16 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Aditi Mahavidyalaya
-Deshbandhu College
-Hans Raj College
-Ramjas College
-Shivaji College
-St. Stephen’s College
31st May 2011, 10:44 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

22nd June 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

are there any collgs under delhi university which does not require dse entrance test to be qualified for seeking admission in ma economics ?
29th June 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

i m dng b.a.prog frm miranda house,du...... want to go for ma in du only... do i have to tk coachings for it? ik mean what is the syllabus for entrance test??
18th July 2011, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Im doing economics hons. 4rm d.u...& i want to pursue m.a in economics 4rm delhi only....wat is the eligibility criteria 4 appearin in the entrance & which are the best colleges in delhi 4 m.a economics apart 4rm dsc.......???? did d.u colleges also provide m.a economics....??
19th August 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

i m doing degree from gauhati university in economics....i want to go du for MA in economice. BUT i have not mathematics in 10 2 level...can i do ma in economics in du??
9th October 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

can somebody please confirm if the admission in course m.a.economics in
Aditi Mahavidyalaya
-Deshbandhu College
-Hans Raj College
-Ramjas College
-Shivaji College
-St. Stephen%u2019s College
requre graduation percentage (if yes then wats is the min cutoff %)
or is there an entrance to it?
also wn do the admission forms a released?
23rd October 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.A in economics after B.A(Prog.) from DELHI UNIVERSITY?
22nd March 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

i m pusuing m.com from hansraj........ college and my classes is going on dse also exams........... will i get the degree of m,com from dse....... or hansraj.....
2nd April 2012, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

is entrance exam for the delhi university and delhi school of economics same??
3rd April 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

HI THIS IS MANOJ FROM DELHI
I HAVE COMPLETED MY GRADUATION IN 2003 B.COM BUT I SECURED ONLY ABOVE 40% BUT NOW I HAVE COMPLETED MY M.COM WITH 58% FROM DISTANCE COLLEGE
SO MY QUESTION IS I WANT TO DO M.A. IN ECONOMICS, IS THERE IS ANY UNIVERSITY OR ANY WAY TO DO M.A. ECONOMICS??? PLZ TELL ME THE PROCEDURE AND I AM BELOGS TO SC CATEGORY.
MY CONTACT NO. IS 9811199566
4th June 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing ba pass 3rd year with eco as a subject can i apply M.A economics from du.
i want to know about is admission in ma basis on merit or a entrance test?
plz ans send me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?