14th May 2017, 01:09 PM
trivedi piyush bhaiyyalal

Colleges giving admission on JEE Main score

Sir if I have got 60 Mark in jee-main and approximately 80% Mark in 12th board, then which engineering colleges will give me admission for engineering as I am belongs to a general category?

15th May 2017, 11:38 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Colleges giving admission on jee-main score

The cut off marks of Joint Entrance Examination Main was:

General category: 81 marks.

OBC: 49 marks.

You have not qualified JEE Main. No college will give you admission on basis of JEE Main score. You should take admission in engineering on board percentage.
15th May 2017, 10:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Colleges giving admission on JEE Main score

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination. CBSE declared JEE Main results few days ago. For general category candidates, cut off marks was 81 marks. You have scored less than cut off marks.

It means that you did not qualify JEE Main. No engineering college which gives admission to JEE Main qualified candidate will give you admission. You can take direct admission based on percentage of marks in 12th.
16th May 2017, 12:08 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For JEE 2017, the cut off marks for Joint Entrance Examination Main for admission in engineering colleges in case of general category was 81 marks. Your JEE Main score is only 60 marks.

Candidates who have not qualified JEE Main can not get admission in any college based on JEE Main score.
16th May 2017, 12:32 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

After getting 60 marks in JEE Main, you cannot apply for JEE Main CSAB counseling.

So, you will have to take admission into those institutes which admit candidates on the basis of JEE Main Score.

They have some seats reserved for such candidates.

Apart from JEE Main score, they conduct their own entrance test for admission to their colleges.

Here are some of the institutes, which admit candidates on the basis of JEE Main Score or by conducting entrance test.
  • GLA University, Mathura
  • Kalinga University, Bhubaneshwar
  • SRM University, Tamilnadu
  • VIT University, Vellore
  • Galgotias, Noida
  • Thapar University, Haryana
  • Teerthankar Mahaveer University
  • Lovely Professional University, Haryana

Apart from these universities, there are much more.
27th May 2017, 04:24 PM
Zain10

Lightbulb Re: Colleges giving admission on JEE Main score

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivedi piyush bhaiyyalal View Post
Sir if I have got 60 Mark in jee-main and approximately 80% Mark in 12th board, then which engineering colleges will give me admission for engineering as I am belongs to a general category?
Please find the institutions like Lovely Professional University, which are giving admission in B.Tech based on your 12th score and university level test. If your score is 80%, you can appear for the test and qualify for the course. You are eligible to get a scholarship till the end of your course. Good placement records is the main thing about the institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?